September is here, I'm ready for updates!

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've been told full pricing for the Emira and specifications will be available in September 2021. Who's ready?!

Come on Lotus, it's almost the 2nd.. 😂

Last edited:
G

Guest142

We've been told Full pricing for the Emira and specifications will be available in September 2021. Who's ready?!

Come on Lotus, it's almost the 2nd.. 😂
Absolutely hilarious! 🤣

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I'm nervous to learn what the final pricing is going to be. Right now I can dream that it will be under $100k out the door, but I'm worried it's going to end up being well over that. 😬

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm nervous to learn what the final pricing is going to be. Right now I can dream that it will be under $100k out the door, but I'm worried it's going to end up being well over that. 😬
I assume you are referring to the V6 with the manual as a FE, yes? The kind of car the enthusiast is drawn toward. For those in the market for the M139 car with DCT, maybe with KEF audio, that price needs to be in the $80k range I would think. If they can’t hit that price point, a whole bunch of people without a strong loyalty to lotus will just go out and buy a different car. Let’s face it, in the market where they need to succeed, the US, most people wouldn’t even recognize the Lotus brand. The Emira is not a boutique car like Evija, it is the only car they will be selling for a long time. The financial stability of the company depends on them selling a bunch of these cars, the volume cars to be produced in Wuhan or on Geely’s deep pockets. I don’t know what the unit cost is for an Emira, but I do know it goes down if they take maximal advantage of their sunk and fixed costs (ie., make a lot of cars from existing facilities). In the US, the most likely alternative to Emira is a C8 Corvette convertible, which is a surprisingly nice car. For some it might be Porsche, BMW, Audi, or even Jaguar. Lotus has to do more than just make an awesome car. They have to build a better car than their established competitors, all of whom have significant economies of scale and many of whom have deep pockets and brand identity, dealer networks, service infrastructure and know how in the private sector. There is more going on here than the sale of a comparable car. This is about resurrection and stabilization of a brand. Being equal in quality, performance and price will not be enough to sway most people. Lotus needs to overachieve, and will probably have to eat some cost too. Just for fun, I’ve spec’d a C8 convertible that is loaded with all the features that matter and some that don’t, and still the price is less than $100K. Presumption on the part of lotus, thinking people will buy their car because they are lotus and they’ve made a beautiful car with great performance, no matter how great your product, will be a killer unless they tick all the other boxes too. Otherwise they are asking people to take a risk. In my view, people will need a reason to buy the lotus over the competition. Either it’s comparable performance at a lower price or substantially better performance at the same price. Or there is a concierge approach to the owner experience. For example, what am I to do when I have to drive 6hrs to the nearest dealer for an oil/filter change or warranty/recall service. These things matter to people when they get past the emotional elements of decision making. Value is a primary driver for most people. Sorry I’ve rambled on. I just don’t want the company to mess this up by relying only on the purchasing power of true believers.

BlackMarlin12

Reaction score
Hi guys, so my local Lotus dealer contacted me and pointed out that they will get new information about the Emira next week (13.09-17.09). They said that the new info will be about:
  • the complete technical data
  • V6 First Edition pricing
  • First Edition spec options
I hope you guys are as glad as me, that the waiting is going to come to an end :)

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi guys, so my local Lotus dealer contacted me and pointed out that they will get new information about the Emira next week (13.09-17.09). They said that the new info will be about:
I hope you guys are as glad as me, that the waiting is going to come to an end :)
How many cars are First Edition? What is the production run for that?

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks for letting us know!

Gemolack

Reaction score
Wat would the number be for 1st Editions?
No idea mate. It was my intention to get the 1st Edition with a V6 manual but I'm not sure now. Got my visit to the dealer towards the end of the month so once I get an idea on pricing on non 1st Edition I will see what else I can get for the same or similar money.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts