Factory Emira Convertible Rooftop Kit

Rainier

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Check your email for the following update I received from Lotus;

TITLE: Factory Emira Convertible Rooftop Kit

Dear Lotus community,

We are thrilled to announce the Factory Emira Convertible Rooftop Kit, just in time for the highly anticipated 2024 Total Solar Eclipse viewing.
Here's how you can participate:

Acquire a standard Lotus Emira model from your nearest authorized dealer.

Download the Factory Emira Convertible Rooftop Kit instructions from the Lotus.com website.

Head to your trusted automotive workshop or DIY facility, equipped with a hacksaw, safety goggles
and a supply of Lotus high-strength duct tape sold exclusively through the Lotus lifestyle store, available in designer colors.

With precision and care remove the roof assembly using our recommended methods and advanced safety protocols.

Once the conversion is complete, you will be ready to experience the 2024 Total Solar Eclipse in unparalleled comfort and style from the cockpit of your Emira Convertible – just be sure to check the weather and pack extra sealant.

"This groundbreaking Convertible Rooftop Transformation Kit epitomizes Lotus's unparalleled commitment to driver involvement," states Dr. Clive Windtunnel, Head of Engineering at Lotus. "After all, what's more hands-on than major automotive surgery in your driveway?"

We encourage all Emira Convertible owners to share their 2024 Total Solar Eclipse viewing experiences with us using #LotusEmiraConvertible.
Let's come together to celebrate this cosmic phenomenon in true Emira fashion!

We are confident that this initiative will underscore the Emira's adaptability, and reinforce the fundamental rule of car ownership: something will always, inevitably, need fixing.

Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm. Here's to an unforgettable – and hopefully leak-free – 2024 Total Solar Eclipse viewing experience!

Disclaimers: Lotus assumes no liability for any new rattles, and/or persistent whistling noises that arise post-conversion.
It is strongly advised that you acquire a second backup Emira in case of kit installation error.

Warm regards,
The Lotus Emira Team
For press release April 1st 2024 00:00 GMT

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ha nice one....too good to be true!? ;-) In fact...one day I plan to chop it, and turn it into an aperta. In fact already discussed it this weekend at VDK...

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My advance copy of the conversion kit contained great instructions. Already done, so I now have an Emira convertible; the first!! I'll send pics of the eclipse, followed by my Emira, both of which I'm sure you'll find UNBELIEVABLY stunning! (lol)