Why did you choose I4 over V6?

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Back to the original question, driving my V6 manual in city traffic is a pain. Just like any manual sportscar. If you’re always city driving then get the i4 DCT (auto V6 is an abomination).

But if you’re driving it anywhere else, the manual V6 is sex on a stick.

Dirk Wainer

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting. Who was it that assured you of this? It would be good to know if there's an upgrade in the pipeline for us i4 owners. I'm still running in so far but I haven't found the shifts to be anything like as bad as the early reviews were saying.
I went to Lotus day in China and met with Lotus engineers and the Chapmans and explained the issues and are sending a report to them - I organised a number of other people's comments as well. The assured these issues would be fixed. Lotus day in China was huge with massive amounts of all Loti. As the UK staff said,"This is the rebirth of Lotus!" I am staggered how well Lotus is doing here.

gdotp

Reaction score
My reasons:
-I had one of the very first Elise and so I have a soft spot for 4 cylinder lotus
-the AMG engine is a bit of a beast and tends to feel faster than it is
-U.K. road tax is cheaper for the i4
-I’d hoped it would be lighter …..but suspect this is marginal
-my wife prefers to drive automatics
-on the test drive I felt the v6 gearbox was a bit ponderous…but I suspect with use it gets better
-I quite like DSG gearboxes in certain types of cars, small light