Reaction score
I just saw these posted on Facebook and thought I'd share them here:

emira-factory1.jpg

emira-factory2.jpg

emira-factory3.jpg

emira-factory4.jpg

emira-factory5.jpg

NICE.

You know oddly enough, I've been flirting with the idea of doing white/full black pack/red leather interior/red calipers/black front hood emblem and black wheel caps spec.

But then I think.......I've had white cars before and never a yellow one. And Lotus makes an exquisite yellow.

GAH!

I think these were posted already a while back… it was determined that the red, grey are not FE colors.

I saw those ones, and from memory the red was different and a bit lighter in those, the "nardo grey" looking one appears the same. I could easy be wrong though and they're identical!

Intriguing, but the photos are processed, some sort of split tone and level adjustment (faded) applied, so the colours will not be very accurate.

Still, I think we can safely say we're all going to spray our wheels red now.

Yes, they are old photos from last August. Being used by some journalists to illustrate stories this week about the possible Lotus IPO.

As discussed at the time, none of those are FE colours.

The yellow is closest, but I’m pretty sure that’s a previous yellow like Saffron or Norfolk Mustard rather than Hethel Yellow.

Yes, they are old photos from last August. Being used by some journalists to illustrate stories this week about the possible Lotus IPO.

As discussed at the time, none of those are FE colours.

The yellow is closest, but I’m pretty sure that’s a previous yellow like Saffron or Norfolk Mustard rather than Hethel Yellow.

Ahh what a shame, I was getting excited there!

For those that have seen the Magma Red for real, is the red car in the top pic a similar lightness to the real thing? Or is the real one a bit more of a burgundy tone?

The red one in the first pic is more like a solid red whereas Magma is a metallic.

Have a look on the Magma Red thread or the thread with Eagle7’s renders (before the new configurator). There’s one of the renders we all four picked after the visit. It would have been late on 21 Jan or 22-23 Jan. I’ll see if I can find it.

I also think the configurator is pretty close on the colour, but can’t fully reproduce the effect of the metallic in different lighting conditions.

Last edited:
Interesting, but hardly a beehive of activity.
I feel trapped in some automotive hibernation.
Surely the winter of my discontent .
It’s from last August when they were building the validation cars and proving the assembly and QA processes.

So not the 20 cars a day full production rate - that’ll be a 17 minute cycle time between each work station so will look pretty intensive :)

It’s from last August when they were building the validation cars and proving the assembly and QA processes.

So not the 20 cars a day full production rate - that’ll be a 17 minute cycle time between each work station so will look pretty intensive :)
I know its not totaly right place to ask this.... but when prodution starts ..... will they be working weekends to optimise production ..... try and get ahead of things ? I do hope they are at least training the second shift along side the 1st shift ?

I know its not totaly right place to ask this.... but when prodution starts ..... will they be working weekends to optimise production ..... try and get ahead of things ? I do hope they are at least training the second shift along side the 1st shift ?
Well we know they're supposed to be able to produce about 5,000 cars a year, so at 20 a day, that's 100 a week if they're not working weekends, which would mean 50 weeks of production. That's only 2 weeks off for an entire calendar year, which is not the way manufacturers work. They usually work from September through June or July, and take the entire month of August to retool up for the next year's production.

If Lotus adds one more day, working Monday-Saturday, that's 120 cars a week. That would enable them to produce 5,000 cars in 42 weeks, which would give them 10 weeks off for the August changeover and miscellaneous holidays, etc. So my guess is they'll work 6 days a week. That would give them one day a week for maintenance and service of the production facility.

That's just a guess on my part. I'm sure we'll get more details once actual production is underway.

Back