September build slots

Mike

Reaction score
Hi all,
I received an email from Lotus informing me of a September build slot. I have since heard nothing to the contrary but it is now obviously October.
Has anyone else with a Sep slot been contacted with a delivery date?
I don't want a string of 'typical of Lotus' comments but I must say that as a first time Lotus customer, I find the buying process very unusual.
Michael

Exige2000

Reaction score
Hi all,
I received an email from Lotus informing me of a September build slot. I have since heard nothing to the contrary but it is now obviously October.
I don't want a string of 'typical of Lotus' comments but I must say that as a first time Lotus customer, I find the buying process very unusual.
Michael
Hi Michael , that is strange ! i have been told Oct build slot perhaps i will receive email in November !

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,
Michael
Same here I’m afraid. Sep build slot email but then radio silence.

Ian C

Reaction score
Have your emailed CS ? I have done so today and I am an Oct build / Nov delivery, they have advised no further delay and Oct/Nov is still happening

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sept build here, emailed customer care yesterday who told me that production of my car had started and to expect the checkout email "very very soon", but that they're also still forecasting 30 days from checkout to delivery, meaning it really is Oct build and Nov delivery...

TRX250EX

Reaction score
I'm also September build slot in most recent email but when asked it's more like October build slot, I think such a thing only exist in Lotus where an email and the actual are not same date, why not say October from start.

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm also September build slot in most recent email but when asked it's more like October build slot, I think such a thing only exist in Lotus where an email and the actual are not same date, why not say October from start.
I’ve just had an email to advise ‘Your Emira is currently in production! and still scheduled for delivery in October’ 🎉🥳🍾

OP
M

Mike

Reaction score
I’ve just had an email to advise ‘Your Emira is currently in production! and still scheduled for delivery in October’ 🎉🥳🍾
Fingers crossed then.... perhaps I'll get a notification very, very soon.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
'Unusual'
Everyone is so polite on here 🙂

Unfortunately the only way to find out anything (or not) is to contact Lotus CS for an update
OR NOT indeed..... temporarily find out, until you find something else out later on.. haha

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
OR NOT indeed..... temporarily find out, until you find something else out later on.. haha
My experience of dealing with Customer Care by e.mail is that the first answer they give you which will take 2 or 3 days, will not relate in any way at all to the question you have asked. When you ask again and wait another 2 or 3 days, the answer will be at best vague. I know that some may be thinking, why not phone and get an answer quicker, but my view is having everything in writing can often be useful.
I think that the Customer Care is a million miles from where it needs to be for a luxury goods company who are offering a direct to customer proposition. They are slow to answer, they don't seem to have good access to vital information, replies are often not particularly well drafted and spelling is questionable.
I was told by a Lotus Senior team member at the launch of the car at Manchester Airport last year about their move to a direct to customer model and from what he told me, I realised it was going to be a disaster. I tried to explain some of the shortcomings that I could forsee, but he clearly was not in the slightest bit interested. It is a great shame, they could be doing such a good job, but they either don't have the right people or it is simply not part of their business plan.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Same here. I emailed to ask for an update… They can see production has begun but can’t say how far along it is…. Just a chassis allocated? Or maybe just waiting on 1 last component… who knows!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
My experience of dealing with Customer Care by e.mail is that the first answer they give you which will take 2 or 3 days, will not relate in any way at all to the question you have asked. When you ask again and wait another 2 or 3 days, the answer will be at best vague. I know that some may be thinking, why not phone and get an answer quicker, but my view is having everything in writing can often be useful.
I think that the Customer Care is a million miles from where it needs to be for a luxury goods company who are offering a direct to customer proposition. They are slow to answer, they don't seem to have good access to vital information, replies are often not particularly well drafted and spelling is questionable.
I was told by a Lotus Senior team member at the launch of the car at Manchester Airport last year about their move to a direct to customer model and from what he told me, I realised it was going to be a disaster. I tried to explain some of the shortcomings that I could forsee, but he clearly was not in the slightest bit interested. It is a great shame, they could be doing such a good job, but they either don't have the right people or it is simply not part of their business plan.
I think everyone knows my thoughts on this by now, but it is one of life's greatest mysteries why Lotus don't see the Customer Journey/CX as being important for a D2C business model 😳 (or indeed any business model!)
They went to the trouble of employing a senior CX Manager from within the motor industry almost a year ago now, so again I am unsure what they have actually tasked them with...

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Buried back on page 78 of the currently 103-page thread about 30 day notifications I listed who had said they were in the "September Nine" for cars to be built in September.

Since then some more people have come forward, so the September(-ish) Twelve are now:
I'm also aware of 2 other off-forum people who have done Checkout, and another 4 in the Sept build batch.

From what we know of the checkout process, people get a Protection email first, then 1-2 weeks later (for those who have got that far) the Checkout email arrives. I only know of 3 people who have got as far as Checkout (one on here, two on other forums). Some of the September people have had the Protection email but no Checkout email, and some are waiting for the Protection email.

Registration number, financing, part exchange, protection options and delivery location are covered as part of Checkout. The only things left after Checkout are for Lotus to confirm the delivery date and for the customer to pay the final balance. I think you get 7-10 days notice of that. I believe the Checkout email is at the point of 30 days before expected delivery date.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In Lotus-speak “September” actually means “October”. “Monday” actually means “Tuesday” and “Thursday” periodically means “soon”. I also heard that underwear is actually worn on the outside in Hethel.

Glad I could clear this up…

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In Lotus-speak “September” actually means “October”. “Monday” actually means “Tuesday” and “Thursday” periodically means “soon”. I also heard that underwear is actually worn on the outside in Hethel.

Glad I could clear this up…
With inquiries intensifying if may be helpful to know that recent BS comments actually refer to Build Slot.
At least that's what I tell myself.
Your results may vary.

OP
M

Mike

Reaction score
Same here. I emailed to ask for an update… They can see production has begun but can’t say how far along it is…. Just a chassis allocated? Or maybe just waiting on 1 last component… who knows!
Me Too

Email from CS yesterday.

'I apologise for the lack of specific information available, your Emira is currently in production. We will be contacting you within the upcoming weeks to discuss next steps.'

I think I should probably adjust my expectation'o'meter from very soon back to soon.

I thought I had read somewhere that Lotus would roll a car off the production line every 11 'something' (hours or days maybe)?

Last edited:

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Interesting they say it is in production, I seem to remember they were meant to be making one car in minutes rather than weeks!!............................................

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts