September build slots

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Me Too

Email from CS yesterday.

'I apologise for the lack of specific information available, your Emira is currently in production. We will be contacting you within the upcoming weeks to discuss next steps.'

I think I should probably adjust my expectation'o'meter from very soon back to soon.

I thought I had read somewhere that Lotus would roll a car off the production line every 11 'something' (hours or days maybe)?
The term "upcoming weeks" does not fill you with confidence. They used the term "in a few weeks" when I asked them about the lack of Type Approval for the V6 auto (e.mail on 13th Sept).
I am picturing a group of Lotus folk sat in a meeting room trying to come up with different terms for "soon" and a wall with post-it notes on with terms like, "upcoming weeks, few weeks, etc"
I feel like sending them this link

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Me Too

Email from CS yesterday.

'I apologise for the lack of specific information available, your Emira is currently in production. We will be contacting you within the upcoming weeks to discuss next steps.'

I think I should probably adjust my expectation'o'meter from very soon back to soon.

I thought I had read somewhere that Lotus would roll a car off the production line every 11 'something' (hours or days maybe)?
It’s 11 hours from start to finish to build one car, assuming they have all the parts.

They’ve already part-built a lot of cars but are waiting for shortage parts before they can finish them. I suspect that’s why they’re saying “in production” for some people.