Scorpion Tracker

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I followed the link in the email from Lotus to get the app, but that didn't work, so I got it directly from the app store. Followed the instructions to register and used the same email address that Lotus holds on file in "mylotus"
Problem is I have ordered the car via a dealer, so no email in mylotus available. Need to contact my dealer and ask.

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi, just another problem. I could login to the website but the tracker is still listed as not installed/waiting for installation. I can see the gps position and thats all…also the Tag does not work. Any idea? Thanks

NigeT

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi, just another problem. I could login to the website but the tracker is still listed as not installed/waiting for installation. I can see the gps position and thats all…also the Tag does not work. Any idea? Thanks
I had a similar problem with the tracker not installed. Scorpion advised me to take the car a drive with the tracker tag. After the drive the tracker had changed to installed Status. So you could try that.

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with the tracker not installed. Scorpion advised me to take the car a drive with the tracker tag. After the drive the tracker had changed to installed Status. So you could try that.
Nope, just tried it this morning. No result or changes😞

kennyn

Reaction score
I experienced a similar issue where my tracker was in deep sleep and needed to be disconnected and reconnected to function correctly. It's probably not wise to post the unit's location on an open forum, but it's surprisingly/disappointingly accessible. I doubt it would pose a challenge to any car thief.

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. I know were it is located😄. Do you know if the engine needs to be switched on while reconnect?

Thanks

kennyn

Reaction score
Do you know if the engine needs to be switched on while reconnect?
From memory, the ignition was off, the box was disconnected, 5 minutes later the box was reconnected then the engine started. I had to drive the car to an area with a strong mobile signal, and then the tracker came online and worked as normal. If you are in an area with a strong signal then there's probably no need to drive the car, just make sure that you have a tag in the car.

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi, just a small update: Its working now. This worked for me:

1) Open the drivers door, that ignition 0 was on.
2) Disconnect the GPS tracker and wait approx. 5 minutes
3) Connect the tracker again
4)Wait 5 minutes
5) Start the engine and drove 15 minutes

In addition the two tags were on the passenger seat during the process. No idea whether that was necessary.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is the Scorpion Tracker worth getting for U.S. orders?

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi,

Scorpion is an UK company and thentracker works perfect in Germany (SIM card). But no idea for the US market…

J600net

Reaction score
Problem is I have ordered the car via a dealer, so no email in mylotus available. Need to contact my dealer and ask.
I'm having the same issue. I didn't get an email from Lotus as I bought the car from a Lotus Dealer.

On handover they gave me a packet that contains 2 fobs and a QR code to a user manual. But Step 1 is to login via the email Lotus sent (that I didn't recieve) and don't seem to be able to register without it.

Did you manage to get yours sorted?

GregD

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm having the same issue. I didn't get an email from Lotus as I bought the car from a Lotus Dealer.

On handover they gave me a packet that contains 2 fobs and a QR code to a user manual. But Step 1 is to login via the email Lotus sent (that I didn't recieve) and don't seem to be able to register without it.

I had the same issue. My dealer was USELESS so I phoned Scorpion direct, quoted my VIN and Reg No and I was setup within 24 hours.

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Yes, after contacting my dealer I received the mail from Scorpion to login.
My dealer took care of it.

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Crazy this is still happening 12 months after I had what sounds the same issue.

As others have said, just call scorpion and it’ll be sorted quickly.

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I opted against a Scorpion tracker because 1)It's a Europe company primarily, and I am U.S. based and 2) Emira like Evora has battery issues and I didn't want the parasitic drain.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I opted against a Scorpion tracker because 1)It's a Europe company primarily, and I am U.S. based and 2) Emira like Evora has battery issues and I didn't want the parasitic drain.
On reflection you may be right. I ordered it, but I agree with both your points. Presumably I can always remove it and have it replaced with something else if i don’t like it

Martylemoo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just purchased an ever so slightly used V6, it was not advertised with the tracker but when I received the folder the two fobs were in there along with the registration card.
Any ideas how I would go about transferring the ownership, do I contact Lotus or Scorpion?

Yas.totti10

Reaction score
I just purchased an ever so slightly used V6, it was not advertised with the tracker but when I received the folder the two fobs were in there along with the registration card.
Any ideas how I would go about transferring the ownership, do I contact Lotus or Scorpion?
Contact Scorpion... Its the most efficient way to get it set up.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I did the same - ex dealer demo car - I transferred mine here - and the remainder of the first years subscription came with it 😀