Scorpion Tracker

Ok, I contacted Scorpion, I now have a new tracker fitted as the original had never even been registered or setup. It’s now operating but has no subscription.
My insurance are offering zero discount for having it fitted, is it worth me buying a subscription or will any thief just disable it immediately anyway?

Hello all.
I ordered an Emira i4.
Now my car insurance asks which theft system alarm is on the car. I did not take the lotus tracker option. Which one is set as standard?

Hello all.
I ordered an Emira i4.
Now my car insurance asks which theft system alarm is on the car. I did not take the lotus tracker option. Which one is set as standard?
If you didn't get the scorpion immobilizer I think your anti theft system is just the "rolling key" keyfob

has anyone in the US managed to set up the scorpion tracker? The QR code goes to a broken link on the Lotus website.

I appreciate that, however I still don’t see the initial instructions on how to set up for example, how do I get a username?
In the UK the password was emailed to us - username is your email address - suggest you check with your dealer…..

Or you could try your email address and the “forgot password” option in case they’ve set you up and just not given you the details…..

In the UK the password was emailed to us - username is your email address - suggest you check with your dealer…..

Or you could try your email address and the “forgot password” option in case they’ve set you up and just not given you the details…..
I ordered the tracker as well. I think you need to set it up with Scorpion. Also, did yours come with the 1 yr or lifetime subscription? I’ve heard both.

I ordered the tracker as well. I think you need to set it up with Scorpion. Also, did yours come with the 1 yr or lifetime subscription? I’ve heard both.
Mine was an ex-dealer demo car but the remainder of the one year subscription (standard for the UK at least) was easily transferred…

Mine was an ex-dealer demo car but the remainder of the one year subscription (standard for the UK at least) was easily transferred…
I’m in the USA and curious as to what service is like over here. Can’t imagine it’s too different given everything is satellite related but one never knows.

Managed to get this working, I have a one year subscription in the US. I just filled in this form and within 24 hours they sent me back my username and password, easy.

Managed to get this working, I have a one year subscription in the US. I just filled in this form and within 24 hours they sent me back my username and password, easy.

Awesome to hear. I understand that it makes the Lotus app function better. Is that true?

If I have my vin could I activate it now before delivery and track my car across the ocean? 🤔

No. Because my email address isn't on file with them yet.

Last edited:
I’ve never had a tracker before and I realise I’m being dumb but …

I have both Fobs permanently in the vehicle in different locations - is this how you guys have it as well? Or should the fobs be on my keys so if it moves without the fobs it knows?

Is it possible via the app to set my car to “it should not move” mode ie I’m out of the country?

I assume so but is how it works : knows the car has moved without the key (?) so alerts?

The fobs should be separate from your keys and nowhere near the car when you are not using it.
My fobs are locked away and I just have the app on in the background. If the app is on it acts like a fob.
If the car gets started without a fob nearby it will ping an alert.

I’ve never had a tracker before and I realise I’m being dumb but …

I have both Fobs permanently in the vehicle in different locations - is this how you guys have it as well? Or should the fobs be on my keys so if it moves without the fobs it knows?

Is it possible via the app to set my car to “it should not move” mode ie I’m out of the country?

I assume so but is how it works : knows the car has moved without the key (?) so alerts?
Leaving the fobs in the vehicle defeats the point of them, if the car moves without a tag present it will set off an alert with Scorpion, who should then contact you to check if it is a real alert or a false alarm (eg you're driving the car but forgot the fob). NB. I think this means significant movement, I've moved my car on my drive at home without the fob and nothing has been triggered. Equally if you keep the fob on your car keys then if someone steals the car by stealing the keys then once again a layer of protection is removed.

In the app there isn't a special 'do not move' mode, it's just the standard do not move without fob mode, with additional garage/transport modes for reduced triggers when needed. That said, you can also set custom alerts for a number of specific conditions such as geofence, ignition on, amongst others. If you're leaving the country just make sure they're stored separately or take with you.

Okay, what do you do about a valet parking your car? You'd need the fob there, correct?