Scorpion Tracker

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If someone drives the car without the tag then the tracker company will be alerted. They will call you to check if it's you or it's been stolen.

The car is tracked whether the tag is in the car or not, so if someone steals the keys and the tag then the car can still be tracked. The tracker company won't know it's stolen until you report it.

You don't need to set up alerts if you just want the tracker company's monitoring. You could set up alerts to be notified if the car moves without the tag, if the battery is low or disconnected or if the car leaves a defined area (geofence).

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it possible to add this option without having added it to the order once the car has arrived?

Logoman

Reaction score
It is that my dealer in Spain told me that it is not possible due to warranty issues, I imagine that they will not be well informed
I asked Scorpion to fit it but they insisted that it be done by my Lotus dealer.

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I thought I would share that after a couple of hours of trying to get the Lotus Tracker app to work at all I eventually called Scorpion. They couldn’t fix it over the phone but did send someone out the very next day. A faulty unit was diagnosed and very competently replaced while I watched on. I was quite nervous about letting someone do this on my driveway but they did a great job and I actually thought the customer service all round was excellent. Just in case anyone else is nervous and in a similar position, I would rate Scorpion.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I hadn’t paid the tracker much attention until today. Dig out emails. Clicked on links and set up an account. Downloaded app (no luck with that).

But don’t seem to be able to get the tracker to work.

2 questions for those who already have their cars (in the UK) and have Scorpion up and running;

If you log onto your account online and go to Vehicles what does it say under the “Installed” column ? Mine has a red cross as shown below.

Second question - if you get in the car without the tracker fob does the car tell you (as it does in a Porsche for example) ? Mine doesn’t.

I fear the system was not set up properly at the factory - but will call Scorpion and do more troubleshooting tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

C161EE5E-7628-470A-AEDB-3C0EB3DCCB03.jpeg

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I hadn’t paid the tracker much attention until today. Dig out emails. Clicked on links and set up an account. Downloaded app (no luck with that).

2 questions for those who already have their cars (in the UK) and have Scorpion up and running;

If you log onto your account online and go to Vehicles what does it say under the “Installed” column ? Mine has a red cross as shown below.

Second question - if you get in the car without the tracker fob does the car tell you (as it does in a Porsche for example) ? Mine doesn’t.

I fear the system was not set up properly at the factory - but will call Scorpion and do more troubleshooting tomorrow.

View attachment 25370
I would call Scorpion. This was how mine looked and it transpired to be a faulty unit and had to be replaced. The thing to keep an eye on is if it’s a requirement of your insurance. Scorpion were great at responding with me on this.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You get a call from Scorpion to check if it’s you driving the car without the fob.

The car doesn’t tell you. That would defeat the object of the fob.
If a thief takes the car by relay theft you’re the one who needs to know, not them.

Which Porsche tells you? Mine doesn’t.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would call Scorpion. This was how mine looked and it transpired to be a faulty unit and had to be replaced. The thing to keep an eye on is if it’s a requirement of your insurance. Scorpion were great at responding with me on this.
Many thanks. Tried to call but missed them today. On it tomorrow.

Strangely my insurance not only didn’t ask/care but when I told them to include it’s value in the car I had to ask them if it made any difference to premium - and it did but only £20 !

So it’s really for my piece of mind.

PS Admiral multi car

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You get a call from Scorpion to check if it’s you driving the car without the fob.

The car doesn’t tell you. That would defeat the object of the fob.
If a thief takes the car by relay theft you’re the one who needs to know, not them.

Which Porsche tells you? Mine doesn’t.
My 991.1 tells me (amber warning in dash that looks like the drivers fob). Wife’s Macan also did that.

I am not sure it defeats the object (I find it helpful and it might put someone off actually driving away) but I can see both points of view.

JXJ

Reaction score

View attachment 25370
I had same issue, contacted Scorpion they sent someone out the day, they rebooted the tracker unit and that fixed the issue. Good luck

Peeltone

Reaction score
You need to ring them up and they will complete the installation remotely in my case they sent a command to the unit to finalise and the Red Cross went away.

I also sorted out the phone tag at the same time when I was onto them as I couldn't get that to activate myself.

If you setup the phone tag, when it connects to the car it sends you a notification to the phone and likewise for disconnection so that you can ensure that it is disconnected when your phone is in the house and your car is on the drive.

loz94

Reaction score
in some of the posts above you mention tracker fob ? What is this I’ve sent various emails to lotus and had no response .

Had the car for around a month now, but I don’t have any fobs ? Just the car key ?

Cheers

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
in some of the posts above you mention tracker fob ? What is this I’ve sent various emails to lotus and had no response .

Had the car for around a month now, but I don’t have any fobs ? Just the car key ?

Cheers
Did you option the tracker on your Emira? It’s an optional extra.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 25370

Thanks to various Ops for their replies and input.

Sorted the tracker today but the fix was interesting so I’ll share what happened;

As suggested by @JXJ and @Emira28 I called Scorpion. Has to wait 15 mins for an answer (holding music is horrible) but then spoke to Jordan who was super helpful.

He checked his system and agreed the unit was not working/installed correctly. He asked me to go to the car with a fob and start it up so he could try to finish the install remotely.

I did that and he asked me to turn it on and off a few times and we waited about 10 mins at one point. No joy so he agreed to send a technician.

He called back a bit later and said one more thing he wanted to try. We tried that and no joy.

Then the killer question - where is your car parked ? In the garage I told him.

What is the mobile signal like, he asked. Not great - so I rolled the car out of the garage, the system saw the satellites and got a better mobile signal and boom it was working.

Obviously this won’t for everyone but two lessons from this;

Before you leave the dealer/factory log on to the Scorpion system and check the system is actually up and running.

If you get the red cross call them. They may be able to log on remotely but if they do take the car out of garage/car park whilst they log on.

Or they will send someone. Good service. But Lotus should really check install works !

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Cheers
The fob talks to the Scorpion unit in the car to tell it that you are the owner. If car is stolen the theory is that the thief won’t have the fob and the owner is alerted and car is tracked. As long as you don’t keep the fob in the car or by your keys !

It’s on the left by the key for scale.

E6EE4F9C-2B08-4C65-AB96-E548A9FDA90B.jpeg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The fob talks to the Scorpion unit in the car to tell it that you are the owner. If car is stolen the theory is that the thief won’t have the fob and the owner is alerted and car is tracked. As long as you don’t keep the fob in the car or by your keys !

It’s on the left by the key for scale.

View attachment 25495
Remember the car is still tracked if the fob is taken and used when starting the car. Just that Scorpion won’t be alerted about an unauthorised start.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Remember the car is still tracked if the fob is taken and used when starting the car. Just that Scorpion won’t be alerted about an unauthorised start.
Agree Tom. Sorry for any confusion. So if you notice the car has been nicked you can report it stolen and (unless the thief has disabled it) track the car. But if you are away and don’t know it’s been nicked with the fob you won’t be alerted.