Scorpion Tracker

Steve O

Reaction score
I can clarify the Scorpion Tracker, as I have my Emira and i have the trcaker fitted as the factory option.

Here is the install cert, and it says its valid for 12 months in my subscription. So I guess its =not the s5+ as you were told, unless other markets differ from the UK of course.
1667932753502.png

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I can clarify the Scorpion Tracker, as I have my Emira and i have the trcaker fitted as the factory option.

Here is the install cert, and it says its valid for 12 months in my subscription. So I guess its =not the s5+ as you were told, unless other markets differ from the UK of course.View attachment 10633
Please excuse my ignorance what are the 2 tags that come with the Scorpion card?

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Please excuse my ignorance what are the 2 tags that come with the Scorpion card?
ADR (Automatic driver recognition) tags - one needs to be in the car when driven so as not to set off the tracker but not attached to keys or their benefit is somewhat negated. I believe there’s a smartphone app that will duplicate the function of these which should be more convenient…..

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
ADR (Automatic driver recognition) tags - one needs to be in the car when driven so as not to set off the tracker but not attached to keys or their benefit is somewhat negated. I believe there’s a smartphone app that will duplicate the function of these which should be more convenient…..
Yes, you posted the info from their FB page a while ago on another thread:

180e8e40-47a4-41a6-a986-eaf2d52745e3-jpeg.6485

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, you posted the info from their FB page a while ago on another thread:

180e8e40-47a4-41a6-a986-eaf2d52745e3-jpeg.6485
Yes - as yet “unproven” though - will be very happy to see a post from someone who has it working……

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
https://scorpiontrack.com/thatcham-approved-stolen-vehicle-tracking/ The only difference between the S5 and S5 plus being the immobiliser function as far as I can tell, which is, I believe, built into the Emira as standard as part of the alarm system in any case, regardless of whether the tracker option is chosen?View attachment 10634
IIRC, The “plus” bit of the S5+ is a remote immobilising facility to stop someone who’s nicked your car with the keys starting it once you’ve reported it as stolen.
It’s a different thing to the car’s built in immobiliser.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Lotus / scorpion car tracker app yet?

I opted for the pre-installed tracker and noticed there’s an option to use your phone instead of carrying the fob… it’s called Phone Tag.

Sounds cool but I don’t know if it’s working! You have to have the car started to set the system up in the first place which I did but the status only shows as searching…. Does that mean it’s working or is it searching for something else?

I could just drive the car without a fob to see but I know they get annoyed / call the police if you keep doing it!

4A80FB1F-280D-4186-AAF8-FC09218D42FB.jpeg

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have ordered same but don’t have car yet. Is that the app called “Lotus track” in the App Store?

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes it is.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks. The account must be created elsewhere as all I got was an invitation to log in.
The screenshots look a lot like the one I have on my Jaguar as OEM, but I don’t need a dongle for that.
Using the phone would be a lot more convenient. Would be interested to hear when you find the solution.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I collected the porker it comes with a tracker (not sure whos I cant remember).
One is not supposed to keep the key and the fob together in case the keys are stolen.
There is no key fob loop to attach it to a key ring on purpose.
If one leaves the fob in the glovebox then it defeats the object again...
So its completely stupid. The salesman said some of our customers attach it the the key fob with an elastic band....
I suggested that the best idea surely is to have an app on your phone.... ta dahhh. never knew this existed

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Either the phone app didn’t work or I’ve done something wrong… as I had a security call 5 mins into driving.

I’ll call them after NYE to find out what I’m doing wrong.

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Regarding the tracker option, if it is factory fitted does that mean it won’t be discoverable by thieves, as in, it can be deep rooted within the chassis perhaps?
Unfortunately not. I assumed the same thing but had a problem with mine, which Scorpion came out same day to fix (excellent customer service as they are fairly local).

The chap swapped the unit out which did not involve the removal of any panels or trim to my shock. It would be cut out within a matter of seconds for those who know where it is.

Really puzzled / saddened me as I assumed it would be buried in the console / dash for example.

The chap said it would still operate for 30 minutes after being cut out. Thats not much use if its on the side of the road or in a hedge while the car is being driven away though!!

Last edited:

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Either the phone app didn’t work or I’ve done something wrong… as I had a security call 5 mins into driving.

I’ll call them after NYE to find out what I’m doing wrong.
I am having limited joy with the Lotus app. I have just come off the phone to Scorpion who suggested there might be issue with the customised Lotus app (it's not a rebadged Scorpion app apparently) as I am not getting Push notifications at all. Email notifications work fine.

My fobs are not registered in my account which I thought was odd but the chap at Scorpion said he could see them at his end so nothing too concerning (I'd still prefer to see them as that suggests something isn't quite right). I have also set up the phone app.

I did a test today by leaving my fob and phone app at home and going for a spin. I had a missed call from Scorpion on my return so that part is definitely working. However, I received no push notification (I have never received a push notice for any of the alerts) and no email despite the "no tag" alert being configured in my account. So some of it worked, some of it didn't.

Unclear whether it's the fob or phone app that's worked for me. I will test again later by driving without the phone and then without the fob separately to see which does it (as all of my driving so far has been with both).

Definitely demons somewhere in the system.

Last edited:

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Update here for anyone following this thread;

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Apple Airtag is a fraction of the price!!

I put in airTags into all of my cars,.....BUT the one flaw is that if the stolen car is towed or driven and the thief who is moving/traveling with the stolen car with the airTag inside has one of the latest versions of an iPhone with them, their own iPhone will notify the thief of the fact that they are traveling with an airTag since they would get a notification on their phone. Its a safety feature to prevent people from stalking others unknowingly by dropping an AirTag into someone else's belongings in order to track or stalk a person ( but that victim must have the latest iPhone to detect a traveling airTag that is not theirs that is moving with them). If that person has another brand phone other than apple, they would never know they are being tracked.

I also have hidden GPS trackers hidden in each car as the main tracking device.

one good thing about airTags is that they cost nothing in ongoing operating fees, where most gps cost around $100 a year for service for each car tracked.

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Didn't the tracking unit cause battery failures on the Evora's? I opted out of getting Scorpion because of this. My dealer agreed with me after some research.

Logoman

Reaction score
This is my first car with a tracker and I'm confused:
What are the tags for?
Should be setting up alerts in the app?
What kind of alerts are appropriate?