Scorpion Tracker

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not sure that will work??? Your passengers will get warnings on their iPhone that they have an unauthorised tracker near them
I bet there is a strong correlation between thieves and androids… only kidding!

thenextchapter

Reaction score
For those of us who are ordering the Vehicle Tracker, I had confirmation today that the following will be installed in the Emira (note that this package comes with a Lifetime Subscription):
https://scorpiontrack.com/product/scorpion-s5-vts-tracker-with-lifetime-subscription/

Customer Care was sent the above URL as well. Does anyone know any different? If not, then, for £469, this is very good value!
Regarding the lifetime subscription, was this ever confirmed?

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum so firstly I'd like to say hello everybody, and thanks for the admin for creating this forum!

This thread is probably only relevant to people in the UK.

My question is about the Scorpion S5 tracker which is an optional extra with the Emira. The price if included with purchase adds £459 to the cost.

I didn't know much about trackers, and so googling 'Scorpion S5 tracker' brings up the following website;

where a 'Scorpion S5+' is priced at £379 inc VAT fully fitted.

A difference of £80 and whatever difference the '+' makes.

*Edit:
  • S5+ Includes remote engine shutdown and auto immobilisation

So my question is... Is there any benefit to paying more for the S5 tracker from Lotus?
I think you bring up a very good point...... there are still many things that need more information sharing.

The In car audio....

The car warranty, I know some have said it will be the same as before. Still feel they should be a clear document that says this is the Emira warranty, do we get brake down cover, Euro cover, can it be extened.

It would be nice to know if you can make an additional payment toward the tracker to extened the term or even have a life time cover if you willing to pay more

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The problem with the factory tracker is that the unit will be have to be placed in the same spot on every EMIRA. Thieves will know where its located and how to disable/disconnect/remove it. Very simple. Lotus HAS to place the tracker in the same spot for every car for build uniformity, and incase of service repair.

with an aftermarket GPS tracker the installer can place the tracker anywhere, which makes it extremely difficult and really almost impossible for thieves to locate it and disable it.

last note regarding GPS trackers, professional thieves who are stealing and exporting stolen cars in volume use metal shipping containers to store stolen cars where the gps signal is never received.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The problem with the factory tracker is that the unit will be have to be placed in the same spot on every EMIRA. Thieves will know where its located and how to disable/disconnect/remove it. Very simple. Lotus HAS to place the tracker in the same spot for every car for build uniformity, and incase of service repair.

with an aftermarket GPS tracker the installer can place the tracker anywhere, which makes it extremely difficult and really almost impossible for thieves to locate it and disable it.

last note regarding GPS trackers, professional thieves who are stealing and exporting stolen cars in volume use metal shipping containers to store stolen cars where the gps signal is never received.
Dont even have to go to those lengths nowadays - https://www.jammer4uk.com/

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I take it car theft must be unusually high in the UK for an automobile manufacturer to include a vehicle tracker as an option.
I don't think I've ever seen that in North America.
Why not just electrify the drivers seat so they will be really shocked if they steal your car.😜
Good luck for those of you in the UK to keep your car safe and sound.

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Scorpion tracker subscription

Update. I phoned them and there is a year included! The confusing email seems to be sent via Scorpion branded as it’s from Lotus

‘If your vehicle had no subscription included at the time of purchase, you can either login and pay the subscription for this vehicle online or contact Lotus directly on +44 (0)1257 249928. Online payments can be made using Stripe, simply select the vehicle from the vehicles tab and click the 'Purchase Subscription' link on that page.

Until you have a valid subscription, no vehicle position data will be stored by our system and theft protection will not be active. Once you have purchased your subscription for @&£&@ it will be displayed on the Live Map when the ignition is first switched on.’

Last edited by a moderator:

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I thought when one spec’d a tracker on a new vehicle it would include a years subscription. My Jaguar included the subscription, just had an email from Lotus advising I have to pay 🙄
What is the cost?

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also thought it included the first years subscription in the initial cost!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Apple Airtag is a fraction of the price!!
True, but with a fraction of the functionality too and unlikely to satisfy insurance companies who may require a Thatcham approved tracker and/or give a discount for having one fitted (depending on individual circumstances)….

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
True, but with a fraction of the functionality too and unlikely to satisfy insurance companies who may require a Thatcham approved tracker and/or give a discount for having one fitted (depending on individual circumstances)….
The tracker only reduces my insurance premium by about £20 🤦🏽‍♂️

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Previous discussions mentioned it including first years subscription