Ride height

Golfer1971

Reaction score
Imagine one of these beauties sitting in your driveway. It looks magnificent. The neighbors are wondering if you won the lottery. It looks like a million bucks and you feel like a million bucks sitting in it. It has that fantastic new car smell inside. It looks like nothing else on the road. You flip up the red protector like a fighter jet and start it up. It has that distinct throaty sound of a tuned V6. The dash lights up. You are cleared for launch.

You pull out and onto the road. You see people pointing and rubber necking to look at you as you drive around. You can read their lips "What is THAT!?" You see people accelerating from behind to catch up, and they have their cell phone in their hand. You're being video recorded. You're a rock star.

People pull up alongside and want to race you, especially people in pickup trucks (weird, I know). All German cars suddenly become invisible when you're around. It doesn't matter what else is on the road, you're the only one people are looking at.

You pull into a gas station, and instantly you're an ambassador for the brand; answering questions, giving a tour guide around the car. When the police pull you over, and come up to the window and say: "Do you know why I pulled you over?" You say "Yes, it's because you've never seen one of these before and you want a closer look. Happens all the time. Let me tell you about it."

It's mysterious... it's exotic... it's a Lotus. And you have one.
That‘s exactly what it's gonna be one day … 😎
Written very well! 👍

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So I just walked past this 911 - its a 992 Carrera S - very bright sunshine for once here in the UK, but you can see what a huge gap it has between tyre and arch. NO ONE ever said the 911 rides to high... anyway, just thought it would give some comparison to some of youView attachment 5623
That's not normal! Presumably that is on smaller winter wheels / tyres.

This is the gap on my 991.2 C4S (completely stock, not lowered or messed about with in any way):

1652859778074.png

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
In case this has not been posted on the forum before, received the following from Lotus CC today:

Front ride height: 125mm
Rear ride height: 148mm

Front ramp angle: 7.9 degrees
Rear ramp angle: 17.9 degrees

Was worried that the front ride height may cause an issue, but it is exactly the same as my Exige S RGB (standard road setting).

So, it seems that Lotus have finally settled on the ride height, or have they?! Hope there are no more changes...

DenzilP

Reaction score
In case this has not been posted on the forum before, received the following from Lotus CC today:

Front ride height: 125mm
Rear ride height: 148mm

Front ramp angle: 7.9 degrees
Rear ramp angle: 17.9 degrees

Was worried that the front ride height may cause an issue, but it is exactly the same as my Exige S RGB (standard road setting).

So, it seems that Lotus have finally settled on the ride height, or have they?! Hope there are no more changes...
1653679862858.png

Those dimensions were in the original specification diagram, so looks they are sticking with them which is good to know. 😀

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This picture from digilotus of the show car in Queensland suggests ground clearance/approach angle won't be an issue:

2022-05 QLD 2 (digilotus).png

FlyNavy01

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Imagine one of these beauties sitting in your driveway. It looks magnificent. The neighbors are wondering if you won the lottery. It looks like a million bucks and you feel like a million bucks sitting in it. It has that fantastic new car smell inside. It looks like nothing else on the road. You flip up the red protector like a fighter jet and start it up. It has that distinct throaty sound of a tuned V6. The dash lights up. You are cleared for launch.

You pull out and onto the road. You see people pointing and rubber necking to look at you as you drive around. You can read their lips "What is THAT!?" You see people accelerating from behind to catch up, and they have their cell phone in their hand. You're being video recorded. You're a rock star.

People pull up alongside and want to race you, especially people in pickup trucks (weird, I know). All German cars suddenly become invisible when you're around. It doesn't matter what else is on the road, you're the only one people are looking at.

You pull into a gas station, and instantly you're an ambassador for the brand; answering questions, giving a tour guide around the car. When the police pull you over, and come up to the window and say: "Do you know why I pulled you over?" You say "Yes, it's because you've never seen one of these before and you want a closer look. Happens all the time. Let me tell you about it."

It's mysterious... it's exotic... it's a Lotus. And you have one.
I really hope most Lotus owners are not materialistic posers like this and buy the car for the driving experience and not for the social validation or ego boost. Super cringey. Leave that for the Lamborghini crowd. Lotus is for the drivers... Who cares what strangers think. Being a "brand ambassador" at every gas station sounds awful. Also, not that it matters, but fighter jet guarded switches aren't anything like what's in the Emira. Ask me how I know lol.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I really hope most Lotus owners are not materialistic posers like this and buy the car for the driving experience and not for the social validation or ego boost. Super cringey. Leave that for the Lamborghini crowd. Lotus is for the drivers... Who cares what strangers think. Being a "brand ambassador" at every gas station sounds awful. Also, not that it matters, but fighter jet guarded switches aren't anything like what's in the Emira. Ask me how I know lol.
Feel better? You've put me in 'my place', or at least you think you have? "Poser", "cringey"? Have you ever been a "brand ambassador" for the Navy? My comment was for ADC who voiced feeling down, due to the complaining and negativity that had been posted in this thread.

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 9.03.38 AM.png

My description was how I imagine it will go based on my experiences with owning one of the first of the new 2010 Camaros when they came out in mid-2009, and having one of the early Alfa Romeo Giulias in 2017. People come up to you and want to see the car and ask questions. I prefer to be kind and behave with good will towards them. I will do the same with my Emira which I know will bring the same types of reactions.

The guarded starter switch is described by other reviewers as something seen in a fighter jet, and that's probably how the general public views it. If someone comes up to you and asks you about the car, and what is a Lotus, and maybe even about the starter switch, I would hope you'll have the manners and decorum fitting of a Navy man and answer their questions with good will instead of condescending judgmental contempt.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Feel better? You've put me in 'my place', or at least you think you have? "Poser", "cringey"? Have you ever been a "brand ambassador" for the Navy? My comment was for ADC who voiced feeling down, due to the complaining and negativity that had been posted in this thread.

View attachment 6039

My description was how I imagine it will go based on my experiences with owning one of the first of the new 2010 Camaros when they came out in mid-2009, and having one of the early Alfa Romeo Giulias in 2017. People come up to you and want to see the car and ask questions. I prefer to be kind and behave with good will towards them. I will do the same with my Emira which I know will bring the same types of reactions.

The guarded starter switch is described by other reviewers as something seen in a fighter jet, and that's probably how the general public views it. If someone comes up to you and asks you about the car, and what is a Lotus, and maybe even about the starter switch, I would hope you'll have the manners and decorum fitting of a Navy man and answer their questions with good will instead of condescending judgmental contempt.
I suppose I misunderstood the meaning of your post. I just find people who buy cars for the image (often times YouTubers and TikTok-ers, etc.) are the antithesis of car enthusiasts and really sour the experience for everyone else. No condescending tone was meant towards you specifically, but the rather the person you described. I do apologize if it came off harshly in that manner.

I have no problem being kind or answering questions about my hobbies if people approach me, but I absolutely do not buy a car to impress anyone and generally despise the type of people who do, as it paints the rest of us in the "community" in a bad light.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I suppose I misunderstood the meaning of your post. I just find people who buy cars for the image (often times YouTubers and TikTok-ers, etc.) are the antithesis of car enthusiasts and really sour the experience for everyone else. No condescending tone was meant towards you specifically, but the rather the person you described. I do apologize if it came off harshly in that manner.

I have no problem being kind or answering questions about my hobbies if people approach me, but I absolutely do not buy a car to impress anyone and generally despise the type of people who do, as it paints the rest of us in the "community" in a bad light.
Apology accepted. All is forgiven.

I tend to agree about people who buy for image. I've never been a fan of conspicuous consumption. I've seen these people who are obsessed with taking pictures and videos of themselves at various locations, and it always looks so fake and forced to me. They go from looking completely serious, to a huge fake smile and fake excitement just long enough to take the selfie, then immediately back to serious. To me, what's the point? I'd rather go do something that actually is fun and exciting, than go to all that effort to just pretend I am.

I seriously doubt there will be hardly anyone buying an Emira, at least in the early stages, to impress somebody else, but the reality is it will have that effect. It's just the nature of having something that actually is impressive and others might envy or want. We were all drawn to the Emira immediately because of its looks, and that effect is going to happen everywhere we go with it.

As far as being ambassadors, let's face it; it's going to get attention and people are going to want to know what it is. I've had that with my Alfa Romeo. People don't even know what that brand is. Everybody knew what the Camaro was, and just wanted to see it, but how many people know what a Lotus is? Being an ambassador for the brand simply serves as both a way of talking to people about the car, as well as advertising for the brand in the process. There are going to be people who do actually know what it is, they've seen it on the internet, and yours is the first one they've actually seen. There's going to be those who have been thinking about getting one, and will want to know what you think of yours, and what it's been like so far.

You never know who you might meet, or where a conversation might lead to. I've had some good friendships develop that way. I'm buying mine for the owning and driving experience, but there's only going to be 700 in North America. I know there's a lot more driving enthusiasts than that here, so I won't be surprised if I'm approached by a few of them who want to see it and know more about it. It's going to be a fun car to own and drive.