Ride height

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Dumb question -
Does the V6 weigh more than the i4 or is there a significant enough weight difference to impact the ride height and if so does the car have a different “spring set-up” to compensate and make the wheel gap identical?

#ForTheDumbestOfQuestions

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Dumb question -
Does the V6 weigh more than the i4 or is there a significant enough weight difference to impact the ride height and if so does the car have a different “spring set-up” to compensate and make the wheel gap identical?

I know the V6 weighs more by about 40lbs??? (Trying to recall what has been said before don't crucify me.)

I feel another USA fat joke coming.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Dumb question -

The base i4 is about 53kg lighter than the fully loaded V6. The weight distribution is slightly different too. The suspension setups are slightly different on each to take this into account.

An average adult passenger or a full versus empty fuel tank are a marginally bigger difference than this.

ADC

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
All this back and forth about ride height is getting me down... Maybe we should just jack it in. Someone think of something else to talk about, and maybe that will lift the mood.

😏

Last edited:

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I contacted Lotus USA recently to inquire about the approach angle for U.S. cars. I wanted to know if it would be different than the 7.8 degrees that I've seen listed (I have a very steep garage ramp). I received a response that the U.S. car would be closer to 9 degrees. Based on that I'm assuming that the car will be higher and could be different for various markets.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
All this back and forth about ride height is getting me down... Maybe we should just jack it in. Someone think if something else to talk about, and maybe that will lift the mood.

😏
I think you just need to lower your expectations about the level of information from Lotus. Otherwise it’s just going to put a damper on the whole experience, when you should really have a spring in your step and feel uplifted about the imminent arrival of your new car. Some people can handle the uncertainty and are just riding it out, others need to be more level-headed.
:)

ADC

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think you just need to lower your expectations about the level of information from Lotus. Otherwise it’s just going to put a damper on the whole experience, when you should really have a spring in your step and feel uplifted about the imminent arrival of your new car. Some people can handle the uncertainty and are just riding it out, others need to be more level-headed.
:)
I was going to scrape around for more puns, but decided to just drop it.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Imagine one of these beauties sitting in your driveway. It looks magnificent. The neighbors are wondering if you won the lottery. It looks like a million bucks and you feel like a million bucks sitting in it. It has that fantastic new car smell inside. It looks like nothing else on the road. You flip up the red protector like a fighter jet and start it up. It has that distinct throaty sound of a tuned V6. The dash lights up. You are cleared for launch.

You pull out and onto the road. You see people pointing and rubber necking to look at you as you drive around. You can read their lips "What is THAT!?" You see people accelerating from behind to catch up, and they have their cell phone in their hand. You're being video recorded. You're a rock star.

People pull up alongside and want to race you, especially people in pickup trucks (weird, I know). All German cars suddenly become invisible when you're around. It doesn't matter what else is on the road, you're the only one people are looking at.

You pull into a gas station, and instantly you're an ambassador for the brand; answering questions, giving a tour guide around the car. When the police pull you over, and come up to the window and say: "Do you know why I pulled you over?" You say "Yes, it's because you've never seen one of these before and you want a closer look. Happens all the time. Let me tell you about it."

It's mysterious... it's exotic... it's a Lotus. And you have one.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Imagine one of these beauties sitting in your driveway. It looks magnificent. The neighbors are wondering if you won the lottery. It looks like a million bucks and you feel like a million bucks sitting in it. It has that fantastic new car smell inside. It looks like nothing else on the road. You flip up the red protector like a fighter jet and start it up. It has that distinct throaty sound of a tuned V6. The dash lights up. You are cleared for launch.

You pull out and onto the road. You see people pointing and rubber necking to look at you as you drive around. You can read their lips "What is THAT!?" You see people accelerating from behind to catch up, and they have their cell phone in their hand. You're being video recorded. You're a rock star.

People pull up alongside and want to race you, especially people in pickup trucks (weird, I know). All German cars suddenly become invisible when you're around. It doesn't matter what else is on the road, you're the only one people are looking at.

You pull into a gas station, and instantly you're an ambassador for the brand; answering questions, giving a tour guide around the car. When the police pull you over, and come up to the window and say: "Do you know why I pulled you over?" You say "Yes, it's because you've never seen one of these before and you want a closer look. Happens all the time. Let me tell you about it."

It's mysterious... it's exotic... it's a Lotus. And you have one.
Dude… wow, you need another hobby for a while. Try Pop-Its!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Dude… wow, you need another hobby for a while. Try Pop-Its!
ADC said he was feeling down and wanted something to improve morale, so I posted something uplifting. And you felt the need to attack it...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Exactly. Where are all the videos from Bathurst?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh darn, I just noticed...
reaction-leader-board.png

@TomE is on my tail. Need to post something exciting again! :LOL:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Walked the dog with the girlfriend. Probably done this exact walk say 600+ times.

Today was completely different.

All I could see were wheel gaps.
Just gaps from rubber to fender wall.

“Oh yeah, that’s 3 fingers for sure. 3 fat sausages. Ok maybe 2.5 hotdogs but definitely 8 twizzlers.”

Some splash guards. Mud flaps. It’s pretty much all I could see.

Thanks a bunch. Dang it.

#ForRandomUnitsOfMeasurement

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh darn, I just noticed...
View attachment 5672

@TomE is on my tail. Need to post something exciting again! :LOL:

I wonder how my dog feels about being in the top 8 here... and if she knows how close she came to being named Emira (only if she were born a year later... though "Type 131" has a cool ring to it too)! 😂

Screenshot_20220517-204657_Chrome.jpg
#fortheinternetpoints

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220517-204657_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220517-204657_Chrome.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 13

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Walked the dog with the girlfriend. Probably done this exact walk say 600+ times.

Today was completely different.

All I could see were wheel gaps.
Just gaps from rubber to fender wall.

“Oh yeah, that’s 3 fingers for sure. 3 fat sausages. Ok maybe 2.5 hotdogs but definitely 8 twizzlers.”

Some splash guards. Mud flaps. It’s pretty much all I could see.

Thanks a bunch. Dang it.

#ForRandomUnitsOfMeasurement

Ha, try being a member of the VW world. All they talk about it wheel gap. I never cared, but after buying my GTI I found myself staring at it and eventually lowered the car to a reasonable stance (I still shudder when I say "stance"). I don't know how it is across the pond, but here in the states, kids slam the hell out of their VWs so they bottom out on literally everything.

My wife has a 2020 GLI that I've resisted doing any real mods to, so it's nice to have a performance oriented tuner GTI that I can track ocassionally and then hop in the GLI for those long road trips getting 40MPG! Though I did just come back form a 1800 mile road trip in the GTI and averaged 34mpg! Not bad for a tuned car running on worn Indy 500s.

20200704_191624.jpg

20200704_191946.jpg

20220503_134358.jpg

For fun, here's a 992 GT3 I saw recently for super sports car wheel gap reference...

20220423_131209.jpg