Race to the first i4

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
11.:30 tomorrow! Just sorted insurance, am I the winner?! I’ll post a pic to at 11.35 🤞😀
Woop Woop! Congratulations - you win I think. We finally get to live the launch excitement the V6ers got ages ago.

gdotp

Reaction score
Well I’ve paid in full and am just waiting now for lotus to tell oakmere the registration number and the psi to be completed. I can’t believe that it might finally be arriving after such a long wait. I’ll probably get a full ppf but won’t want to loose it again for a week!

schuey100

Reaction score
Woop Woop! Congratulations - you win I think. We finally get to live the launch excitement the V6ers got ages ago.
Thankyou! Not seen my car or driven it yet!! Drove the V6 ages ago so hopefully won’t be disappointed, bit late now, slight anxiety now, a beer is needed! 😀

schuey100

Reaction score
Well I’ve paid in full and am just waiting now for lotus to tell oakmere the registration number and the psi to be completed. I can’t believe that it might finally be arriving after such a long wait. I’ll probably get a full ppf but won’t want to loose it again for a week!
umming and arring about ppf, sounds like your local to me, have you had a price and recommend anyone? Think i’d only do the front, Cheshire roads are horrendous and frankly embarrassing….

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Snap. My wife was on the phone to Santander for over an hour and a half tonight trying to make the payment. The Santander guy could not understand why we were paying for the car before seeing it. They did not recognise any of the Lotus payment details so I would recommend sending Lotus a cheque if I were a future buyer. She was able to make the payment in the end.
Sounds like I was lucky with not having payment issues! My ease of payment was probably helped by the fact that the Lloyds systems matched the account details to Lotus Technology Innovative Limited rather than having to go with the alternative Stripe Payments UK Limited. This, coupled with having made a test payment first to check everything was set up ok (and having had confirmation from Lotus that it had been received), meant I was able to confirm to Lloyds in branch that I had successfully made payment using those details before (alongside answering numerous basic questions to make sure I wasn't being scammed).

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's one reason I'm happy that Topaz are able to collect my car from Lotus Bradford and return it there after PPF before I collect it, yes it will delay me getting the car by a week or so, but that way the PPF install time gets hidden in the overall multi year wait for the car!

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
11.:30 tomorrow! Just sorted insurance, am I the winner?! I’ll post a pic to at 11.35 🤞😀
Congrats! Reminds me of the surprise I got 1 year ago!! Worth it everyday

GTti

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats! Reminds me of the surprise I got 1 year ago!! Worth it everyday

Im picking up my i4 at Lotus Glasgow at 1045 this morning 🥳 theres another i4 going out straight after mine i was told as well.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can't believe that after 37 pages, we are about to witness closure finally - in the UK at least!

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Im picking up my i4 at Lotus Glasgow at 1045 this morning 🥳 theres another i4 going out straight after mine i was told as well.
Can't wait to see photos with lots of smiles over the next few days 😁

schuey100

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_2430.jpeg
    IMG_2430.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 77

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Beautiful - same colour as me. Careful getting it out of there!

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Respect to showing the forum love 🤜🤛... Posting a picture whilst there to pick up the car! 🫠

OP
Cutting42

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As the OP, I am so delighted to see closure on this with the first owners taking delivery of their i4/Emira Turbo today. Many congrats and enjoy your cars, I shall be living vicariously through you all.

The irony is that mine was delivered a week ago to the dealer and I could be picking up this week like you as well if I had not cancelled. I am actually still waiting for my 650s to complete prep and am still a week or two away from collecting it so even though I cancelled due to delays, the Emira beat my alternative 🤦‍♂️

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s stunning the gearbox is awesome!!
Fantastic - glad you're feeling the same as I did after my test drive. I really don't know where all the DCT lag chat came from. I do wonder whether they updated the software since those early review models.

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm having an absolute nightmare with Natwest. The fraud team flagged the first payment and no amount of explanation would convince them that the transfer is legit. They wanted to put a 72 hour hold on it. I'm now trying to transfer out to another current account and to pay Lotus from there. All the delay is putting my collection date in jeopardy. On the plus side, I'll be a money laundering expert by the end of this.