Race to the first i4

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Word from my man at B&C just now:

2.0 clients get the FOC servicing offer, V6 clients have the 50/50 finance deal.

This makes sense to me and is inline with the earlier discussions about shifting V6's. Mitcheroo - if you score both then you've got a result (y)

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Word from my man at B&C just now:

This makes sense to me and is inline with the earlier discussions about shifting V6's. Mitcheroo - if you score both then you've got a result (y)
You are quite - only applies to V6 ☹️. Received my invoice which like everyone else‘s, just includes the free servicing.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now need Lotus to invoice me so I can give them money...
I would chase Lotus CC as they sat on my checked out order for 10 days. It was only after I chased the dealer and they chased CC that I got the final invoice today. Now I've had multiple emails and multiple calls from multiple people in CC. It's almost like they don't know what they're doing :)

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would chase Lotus CC as they sat on my checked out order for 10 days. It was only after I chased the dealer and they chased CC that I got the final invoice today. Now I've had multiple emails and multiple calls from multiple people in CC. It's almost like they don't know what they're doing :)
😂 similar experience

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So we are getting close to crowning the UK winner of the Race to the First i4. I'm pretty sure I've eliminated myself by deferring to 30th March. Is anyone picking up this weekend?

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dropped an email to my contact at LCC and got my invoice through fairly soon after, went to the bank to sort payment, all done! The car is one step closer!

I had a courtesy email from a second person at Lotus after the invoice landed to check it had come in who was also able to confirm for me receipt of an initial test payment as well the full payment. After the initial nudge to LCC all worked smoothly for me, so at least some people there know what they're doing ;)
So we are getting close to crowning the UK winner of the Race to the First i4. I'm pretty sure I've eliminated myself by deferring to 30th March. Is anyone picking up this weekend?
I've likely eliminated myself as well due to the car going off for PPF before I collect it which is going to add a delay into the process for me, meaning I don't have a definitive timeline quite yet.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
went to the bank to sort payment, all done
I'm having an absolute nightmare with Natwest. The fraud team flagged the first payment and no amount of explanation would convince them that the transfer is legit. They wanted to put a 72 hour hold on it. I'm now trying to transfer out to another current account and to pay Lotus from there. All the delay is putting my collection date in jeopardy. On the plus side, I'll be a money laundering expert by the end of this.

Verdi

Reaction score
I'm having an absolute nightmare with Natwest. The fraud team flagged the first payment and no amount of explanation would convince them that the transfer is legit. They wanted to put a 72 hour hold on it. I'm now trying to transfer out to another current account and to pay Lotus from there. All the delay is putting my collection date in jeopardy. On the plus side, I'll be a money laundering expert by the end of this.
This was me in Santander yesterday a total nightmare. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Verdi

Reaction score
11am Monday for me insurance sorted today and cleaned the garage out lol

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh I had the joy of Santander fraud checks the other day too... Took nearly an hour, all sorts of checks and questions... Think she even knows my shoe size now!!

Anyway, would rather they were thorough, better to be safe... Although did finish the conversation knowing that if there was any fraud at that point, they would not be responsible and it was all on me. Man, I wish Lotus could have a better payment mechanism than through individual Stripe accounts!!!

We are doing factory pick-up Monday afternoon, apparently there is one other factory pickup on Monday too.

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh I had the joy of Santander fraud checks the other day too... Took nearly an hour, all sorts of checks and questions... Think she even knows my shoe size now!!

Anyway, would rather they were thorough, better to be safe... Although did finish the conversation knowing that if there was any fraud at that point, they would not be responsible and it was all on me. Man, I wish Lotus could have a better payment mechanism than through individual Stripe accounts!!!

We are doing factory pick-up Monday afternoon, apparently there is one other factory pickup on Monday too.
Snap. My wife was on the phone to Santander for over an hour and a half tonight trying to make the payment. The Santander guy could not understand why we were paying for the car before seeing it. They did not recognise any of the Lotus payment details so I would recommend sending Lotus a cheque if I were a future buyer. She was able to make the payment in the end.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My wife was on the phone to Santander for over an hour and a half tonight trying to make the payment
I owe my wife big time for today. She's been battling with the bank while I was at work. Natwest point blank refused to do the transfer even after 50 questions. Same as you, they could not compute that someone was buying a car outright and without seeing it etc. I'm sure some of it was a cultural disconnect as it was an offshore call centre. In the end we transfered to my First Direct and I was able to pay straight from my phone! Still got one more installment to do on Monday but Lotus have confirmed that's OK for Saturday pickup.

Looking forward to some reports and pics on Monday (y)

schuey100

Reaction score
11.:30 tomorrow! Just sorted insurance, am I the winner?! I’ll post a pic to at 11.35 🤞😀