• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Quick question for i4 deposit holders

EMI2AGE

Reaction score
Hey all,

I came to the party very late :cry: and only paid my initial deposit at the end of last month, via the Lotus website. As I could not configure an i4, I just configured a V6, and paid the requested £4k deposit online. I subsequently emailed Lotus to advise that my deposit was for an i4.

So my question is directed at early i4 deposit holders. Have you just paid your initial £2k deposit, or have you had to pay Lotus a further deposit? From what I understand, early v6 deposit holders have paid a further £3k deposit (£5k total) in the lead up to confirming their spec, but I’ve not seen any posts from i4 deposit holders confirming an additional £3k deposit payment, presumably as they are not due to start i4 production anytime soon.

Thanks
Michael

Duncx

Reaction score
More info about i4 FE pricing and spec due sometime in March, earliest likely UK delivery for i4 FE cars is fourth quarter this year, maybe a bit later, hopefully still in 2022 though!

OP
E

EMI2AGE

Reaction score
More info about i4 FE pricing and spec due sometime in March, earliest likely UK delivery for i4 FE cars is fourth quarter this year, maybe a bit later, hopefully still in 2022 though!
Thanks…my question though isn’t about pricing or spec. It’s whether early i4 deposit holders have just paid the initial £2k deposit, or have they been asked to pay more? In my instance, I’ve paid £4k.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks…my question though isn’t about pricing or spec. It’s whether early i4 deposit holders have just paid the initial £2k deposit, or have they been asked to pay more? In my instance, I’ve paid £4k.
I have just paid the initial £2k, nothing else so far for my i4. I had the first phone call to pick V6 or i4 and nothing since

Duncx

Reaction score
Ah yes sorry, I should have said, I can't help regarding the deposit as I originally paid the £2K + £3K for a V6 and then changed to an i4, so I'm not much help ;)

OP
E

EMI2AGE

Reaction score
I have just paid the initial £2k, nothing else so far for my i4. I had the first phone call to pick V6 or i4 and nothing since
Thanks mate. IMO, it’s probably a good thing that Lotus are asking new deposit holders like me, £4k, as it might eliminate some buyers who aren‘t entirely serious.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As another data point, I put down the 2K initially, have had the phone call early this year to find out which spec I wanted to be in the queue for (i4 FE), and have not been asked for the second deposity yet.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As another data point, I put down the 2K initially, have had the phone call early this year to find out which spec I wanted to be in the queue for (i4 FE), and have not been asked for the second deposity yet.
Likewise (i4FE) - 7th July pm deposit, 1st call 4th Oct, nothing since….. expecting to hear further in March…

Samps

Reaction score
Likewise (i4FE) - 7th July pm deposit, 1st call 4th Oct, nothing since….. expecting to hear further in March…
Same - £2k deposit am 7th July just a confirmation it’s i4 required not v6 FE. Advised likely late 2022 or early 2023 delivery i4 FE by B&C but that was around November last year so hoping things brought forward a touch guess will find out more in March

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For people who paid first deposit in 2022 and didn’t opt for V6 First Edition, Lotus aren’t due to start the second stage calls until March.

So no one has paid a second deposit on an i4 yet (unless they went to step 2 on a V6 FE and then switched to i4).