PPF, Ceramic coating and wraps... or not.

How will you protect your Emira?

• Ceramic Coating only

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • PPF only on the obvious places that get the brunt of damage

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • PPF only on the obvious places that get the brunt of damage and Ceramic Coating

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • PPF all over

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • PPF all over and Ceramic Coating

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Wrap plus PPF anywhere

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Wrap plus Ceramic Coating

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, after having a good look around I decided to go with GVE in London, for the PPF and other work, and will have my car delivered there and then delivered back to me.
This is my first new car for over a decade and it means a lot to me.

My rationale on using GVW is based on the incredible service I have received as a browser in their showroom.

What I did find REALLY interesting is a thing called Carbon PPF!!! Wow. I will hopefully add this to the black plastic throughout and update my order with GVE. I will need to see it first. Never been a fan of carbon wrap over plastics but this is supposed to be a higher level of quality and has that added protection of being actual PPF.

I managed to get 10% of my total order and Luke was happy to pass this on to anybody else, whatever the size of order. As I am going for the whole shebang and more it saved me about £600. Helps my channel too.

Other suppliers are available! Conduct your own due diligence and make sure they offer the full prep service. Hope this helps though.

Nice video. What ceramic coating are you getting for the windshield?

Looks like a combo of Gtechnic and their own.

The first important part is the paint protection service,

Well, after having a good look around I decided to go with GVE in London, for the PPF and other work, and will have my car delivered there and then delivered back to me.
This is my first new car for over a decade and it means a lot to me.

My rationale on using GVW is based on the incredible service I have received as a browser in their showroom.

What I did find REALLY interesting is a thing called Carbon PPF!!! Wow. I will hopefully add this to the black plastic throughout and update my order with GVE. I will need to see it first. Never been a fan of carbon wrap over plastics but this is supposed to be a higher level of quality and has that added protection of being actual PPF.

I managed to get 10% of my total order and Luke was happy to pass this on to anybody else, whatever the size of order. As I am going for the whole shebang and more it saved me about £600. Helps my channel too.

Other suppliers are available! Conduct your own due diligence and make sure they offer the full prep service. Hope this helps though.

Are you sure it wasnt free based on you promoting it on your channel and on here 😘😂
You forgot, zero protection in the poll 😁

Last edited:
I’m considering bareback. I don’t mind the odd chip, and don’t want plastic all over my car
I agree, Im keeping mine clean no coatings, just going to look after it well. At the end of the day when we sell it all the body work will be done by the dealer.

Ceramic on the windshield sounds like a good idea though. I hate all those micro pits you wind up getting from bits of sand hitting it while driving in traffic.

Ceramic on the windshield sounds like a good idea though. I hate all those micro pits you wind up getting from bits of sand hitting it while driving in traffic.

Ceramic coating does nothing for that. Its just like a wax but longer lasting. Has no ability to defend against impact damage.

Ceramic coating does nothing for that. Its just like a wax but longer lasting. Has no ability to defend against impact damage.
Well don't they have a windshield protection film? What's it called?

Full xpel PPF plus the new windscreen PPF from my trusted supplier Duncan at autoshine.
and yes I pay the going rate

I’m still skeptical of ceramic coating on PPF. I can’t understand how a hard coating sits on a flexible plastic layer. Surely the “self healing” aspect of PPF would be negated if you’ve got a hard glass-like layer on top?

No protection at all for me, had PPF self healing on previous car and this got damaged by stone chips which can go through the PPF and into the paint and it does not self heal if it is a big chip, had to take off the PPF and get the paint sorted, so i will keep the car as intended and save the money to have the car repaired as and when required.

I am not bothered about the car being a concours garage queen as i intend to use it as much as possible.

I'm likely to go ceramic before Hethel collection assuming they get up to speed on it with the factory offering and the price is OK, mainly for ease of keeping clean.

Given the likely eye-watering price of replacement headlight units (and the likelihood of UV fading/peeling if past Evora experience is anything to go by) I'll PPF just those myself for debris and UV protection as soon as someone like Aliath has a template...

I'm likely to go ceramic before Hethel collection assuming they get up to speed on it with the factory offering and the price is OK, mainly for ease of keeping clean.

Given the likely eye-watering price of replacement headlight units (and the likelihood of UV fading/peeling if past Evora experience is anything to go by) I'll PPF just those myself for debris and UV protection as soon as someone like Aliath has a template...
Good shout. A forum member on the GR Yaris forum did a kit for the Yaris that was perfect for all the high wear areas and less than a 100 pounds

I had Gtechniq ceramic treatment on my Exige, arranged by Bell & Colvill.

2 years or so on and I haven't polished it once, water still beads and drops right off and no swirls. Lives on the street in London.

Has definitely worked well for me. I will be doing the same for the Emira.