My Emira has now been fully PPF'd and Ceramic Coated - I love it!

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ha, I didn't love it at first. I thought 'OMG, the car has completely changed!' and then I started looking at it and wow, what an improvement.
Now I am very happy.

If you do wish to use GVE London then mention RevMoney10 for a 10% discount on any service.

They had to do a LOT of prep on my car as I had been driving it for quite a while at the point I dropped it in and the standard paint is NOT good.

Happy to answer any questions.

ChrisJ

Reaction score
It is such a shame the standard factory finish is currently not good. Personally I prefer shiny gloss finish (and silver wheels) but your car still looks great :cool:. Have you decided to keep the Emira now and sell the Ferrari?

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ha, I didn't love it at first. I thought 'OMG, the car has completely changed!' and then I started looking at it and wow, what an improvement.
Now I am very happy.

If you do wish to use GVE London then mention RevMoney10 for a 10% discount on any service.

They had to do a LOT of prep on my car as I had been driving it for quite a while at the point I dropped it in and the standard paint is NOT good.

Looks great.

Very tempted to do this on my shadow grey Emira.

Can I ask what the price was for the full stealth ppf and ceramic coating if you don’t mind sharing?

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Didn't aide spend the last year telling everybody how magma was the best colour in the world and how it reacts in light changes, then wraps it satin ppf which completely changes the look.
Also not very good paint didn't he go to the factory and blast on about the brilliant new paint technology lotus are now using but now the paint is a known weak point?

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It is such a shame the standard factory finish is currently not good. Personally I prefer shiny gloss finish (and silver wheels) but your car still looks great :cool:. Have you decided to keep the Emira now and sell the Ferrari?
Working on keeping both still but it was always going to be the Emira as the keeper. More sense all round - apart from investment.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Didn't aide spend the last year telling everybody how magma was the best colour in the world and how it reacts in light changes, then wraps it satin ppf which completely changes the look.
Also not very good paint didn't he go to the factory and blast on about the brilliant new paint technology lotus are now using but now the paint is a known weak point?
It is... hence my minor-shock when Luke called to tell me that the satin finish has really changed, but improved the car. I was worried.
When I got there and first saw it against that gold wall (which throws up more differences actually) I was initially worried that that magma was gone, gone, done.

It is there but only in direct sunlight. Meanwhile, it has a fantastic quality now, both in terms of how it looks and the impression that it gives.

I went to the factory and was pleased that they had a new paint system.
Alas, on delivery, and subsequently examining other delivered cars more carefully, the quality of the paint is not great. It is thin, the lacquer is bad and the orange peel affect is strong.

A normal detail will definitely help but when Luke told me they had found 2 chops and a scratch I was then very relieved I had gone down this whole route.

Certainly, to all other Emira owners, check your paint over.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I really like it!! I see why people are complaining about the orange peel now. Did they happen to do paint depth readings? I know it takes a more advanced tool for composites and fiberglass, etc., but they seem like the type of shop to have those tools. Just curious as you mentioned the paint was thin.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah, really interesting effect. I won’t do it to my magma, but if I had a solid white I wouldn’t hesitate. Imagine a satin white with gloss black roof…

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really glad for you loving it as to be frank only your opinion matters for your car! but I have to say I’m not a fan. Kind of takes away the ability for the light to hit the curves as designed. Personally that’s why I don’t rate matte paint/wraps

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Now I am very happy.

Jeez...that is the DBs...she now looks even more like a mini Ferrari with F1 type bodywork...very nice work. Dare I ask how much the full package set you back?...edited to say...no worries seen it now in an earlier answer...5k is not small change, but the effect is dramatic, and long lasting.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
since my car of the exact same specs wont arrive until end '23 now, love seeing your vids to keep my excited. If I could have one with satin and one without that would excellent. The satin look is growing on me but I will stay will gloss. Thanks for sharing

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Now I am very happy.

I have just had mine PPF done at Wimbat Pof nr : Tonbridge , they also did my strips , ask for Mark , say that Chadder recommended you 👍👌

1679086187863.png

Attachments

• 1679086138589.png
    1679086138589.png
    597.7 KB · Views: 69