Possible further delays

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We should be able to spec the base model on the configurator in the next few months, with deliveries mid 2023. If the same delays for 2022 persist, then we could be looking at August 2023.
Hi,

This is my first time posting on this forum, I put a deposit down a month or two ago and mostly just like to read what others are saying. I did just get an email back from my dealership today coincidentally that said the base v6 configurator options (new colors, etc) are set to be live "this quarter" - meaning by the end of June. Not sure how accurate that is, but with reviews coming out in 5 days combined with that intel, maybe that'll give some hope.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
We should be able to spec the base model on the configurator in the next few months, with deliveries mid 2023. If the same delays for 2022 persist, then we could be looking at August 2023.
This is news to me. This is for BASE V6 6MT????

Does your dealer in CA know something my dealer in GA doesn't? :ROFLMAO:

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is news to me. This is for BASE V6 6MT????

Does your dealer in CA know something my dealer in GA doesn't? :ROFLMAO:
Don’t know. I reached out to them this morning on that topic. He said they’ll start taking orders end of the year (specs and such after the configurator for base is up). Asked if that means we’ll see deliveries in Summer or Fall and was told earlier than that. Demo cars will arrive in August. FWIW.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi,

This is my first time posting on this forum, I put a deposit down a month or two ago and mostly just like to read what others are saying. I did just get an email back from my dealership today coincidentally that said the base v6 configurator options (new colors, etc) are set to be live "this quarter" - meaning by the end of June. Not sure how accurate that is, but with reviews coming out in 5 days combined with that intel, maybe that'll give some hope.
Welcome to the party. It's a movable feast.
Thanks for that post.

#Icomebearinggifts

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don’t think we’re expecting Base Edition specs and pricing until September, based on what Lotus said in March when the i4 FE details were released. I guess they might publish earlier, but that’s not been the trend up to now.

Hodl

Reaction score
Hmm, that might have changed since then. On the configurator it still says Base is not available until "Mid 2023".
So I contacted my dealer and all the info I was given in March is still their most current up to date information. Expected BASE configurations in Sept with March production and April/May deliveries. Other than lead times though, I've gathered more information on specs/this entire process through the forums.
EDIT: This is for US market for anyone reading on their phones.

Last edited:

HoweBank

Reaction score
as of yesterday I'm out and requested refund.

I use the car as a summer vehicle so to be told delay from spring 2022 to latest september it makes no sense for me personally to get the car and be taking it off the rd soon after to avoid the poor weather.

The reviews confirmed what I suspected. too fat and heavy to hide the handling and perfromances compromises it brings regardless of how pretty.

wont be buying a cayman either. 85mph in second is a flawed car that is no longer mentioned by those comparing the two cars at present.

genuine good luck and best wishes to those still proceeding ahead

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
as of yesterday I'm out and requested refund.

I use the car as a summer vehicle so to be told delay from spring 2022 to latest september it makes no sense for me personally to get the car and be taking it off the rd soon after to avoid the poor weather.

The reviews confirmed what I suspected. too fat and heavy to hide the handling and perfromances compromises it brings regardless of how pretty.

wont be buying a cayman either. 85mph in second is a flawed car that is no longer mentioned by those comparing the two cars at present.

genuine good luck and best wishes to those still proceeding ahead
Should have waited for a test drive yourself in my opinion, but good luck with whatever else you decide to get.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Should have waited for a test drive yourself in my opinion, but good luck with whatever else you decide to get.
Uhm wonder how many actual customer orders Lotus has lost ……. they should take some learnings from why people have plucked the plug 🤔

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For many people its timing delays which is not manufacturer specific - its happening all over. Delivery delays mean that some customers won't get sufficient enjoyment out of the car before winter so they may as well delay purchase.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Uhm wonder how many actual customer orders Lotus has lost ……. they should take some learnings from why people have plucked the plug 🤔
I would say it’s quite significant. A friend in my car group got a call the other day from dealer saying he has moved up to a FE delivery in January if he so chooses. He was a mid-September deposit and apparently enough people dropped out that his spot was moved up. I am a late September deposit and could make it as well. At this point though, I’ll wait for the base model and let Lotus work out some of the kinks.

Edit: just for reference the FE cutoff was end of July/early August deposit. So for a mid-September deposit to now make the cut, it has essentially been moved up a full month’s worth of early deposits. FWIW

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't really think it would be that many, since most people are looking to get the Emira for the way it looks, and that hasn't changed.

Sure, the performance has to be up to snuff, but I'm of the opinion that most people are closer to the common-enthusiast type like me who is not looking to drive at 10/10.

HoweBank

Reaction score
I don't really think it would be that many, since most people are looking to get the Emira for the way it looks, and that hasn't changed.

Sure, the performance has to be up to snuff, but I'm of the opinion that most people are closer to the common-enthusiast type like me who is not looking to drive at 10/10.
The common enthusiast for lotus product desires a light weight, nimble to make most of power unit. Here in the UK there are that many cameras, driving at 10/10 is very hard to keep your license. just saying

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It could always be worse. The Lotus could be delayed and have a bunch of electrical problems like the Artura review.:oops:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Ive really no idea, but the people cancelling for lotus will more than likely be the same kind of % as for every other marque out there, no mystery here.
I had a taycan cross member on order and it was delayed by 3 or 4 or more months and the info was very mixed and far and few between. It gave me time to see straight and although I think its the best looking EV out there if you have dogs, its a lot of money to wheel my dogs around so I got an Ionic 5 instead for around half the price, however that car TOO was delayed by 6 months, but happy with it, its not a cross tourismo, or a gran tourismo, but it did provide power to my house for 4 or 5 days when I didnt have any electricity :). A very useful feature very few EV's have...... Not even Teslas or Porsches.
I would gusstimate about 10% of order slippage, maybe 15, but that will be made back up when things get going properly and cars are out of the road and normal people are driving and enjoying them, instead of those out with a ruler measuring wheel gaps and the squareness of the steering wheel.. haha...

Mind the GAP!...

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ive really no idea, but the people cancelling for lotus will more than likely be the same kind of % as for every other marque out there, no mystery here.
I had a taycan cross member on order and it was delayed by 3 or 4 or more months and the info was very mixed and far and few between. It gave me time to see straight and although I think its the best looking EV out there if you have dogs, its a lot of money to wheel my dogs around so I got an Ionic 5 instead for around half the price, however that car TOO was delayed by 6 months, but happy with it, its not a cross tourismo, or a gran tourismo, but it did provide power to my house for 4 or 5 days when I didnt have any electricity :). A very useful feature very few EV's have...... Not even Teslas or Porsches.
I would gusstimate about 10% of order slippage, maybe 15, but that will be made back up when things get going properly and cars are out of the road and normal people are driving and enjoying them, instead of those out with a ruler measuring wheel gaps and the squareness of the steering wheel.. haha...

Mind the GAP!...
The Ioniq is a great looking EV. I like the design. I have only seen one on the road and the design looked really fresh and new.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The Ioniq is a great looking EV. I like the design. I have only seen one on the road and the design looked really fresh and new.
yeh... i went on looks haa..and great reviews.
Its quite funny really, the tesla I am sure is the better car, I have no doubt about it, just as the porsche is too! But I for one didnt want one to gain half a second on a track and be quite boring imo, i wanted to stand out.... and power my house hah