Possible further delays

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Been hearing that a few June -> July deliveries have slipped to August. I think the June production run .. if there is one, will be small.
Both delays were a few days before Goodwood deposits

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Been hearing that a few June -> July deliveries have slipped to August. I think the June production run .. if there is one, will be small.
Both delays were a few days before Goodwood deposits
I feel for the fortunate people that live in warm climates. Very frustrating I'm sure. For me living in a cold climate I hope my December delivery is delayed until March. It would be hard to see car sitting in the garage all winter.o_O

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's a bit alarming when delays are occurring in the UK home market.

I spoke to my dealer here in Atlanta and he told me I actually go moved UP the list a bit for the Base Model I want because several people backed out from both FE and Base.

People are getting sick and tired of playing the waiting game.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I was told November, but I know it'll likely be March with the rate things are going. Whenever it is, I just hope there isn't salt and snow on the ground near me.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think the previous June delivery batch is being delayed into July and August. Previously June was going to be about 450 cars, pre-built in April, May and June ahead of type approval. Now the delay is due to parts supply but they have the second shift.

So I think July is about 200-250 cars then it ramps up quickly in August. Hence June is split into July and August but previous July is now mostly just August.

G

Guest142

I think the previous June delivery batch is being delayed into July and August. Previously June was going to be about 450 cars, pre-built in April, May and June ahead of type approval. Now the delay is due to parts supply but they have the second shift.

So I think July is about 200-250 cars then it ramps up quickly in August. Hence June is split into July and August but previous July is now mostly just August.
When do you think 1st cars will arrive in the U.S.? Is October realistic?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just had the below email from Lotus

Good afternoon

We tried to contact you today to discuss your delivery options for the Emira.

Please could we kindly ask you to answer the following questions:

1.) Lotus Kent is your local agent. Would you like to use this agent for aftercare needs for the Emira?

2.) Do you plan on trading in a vehicle?

3.) Will you be requesting a personalised plate registration?

4.) How are you planning on taking delivery of your Emira? (at the factory, home/business address, or Lotus agent).

5.) If you have opted for factory collection on the above question, do you wish to bring a plus 1?

You can still change your mind in the future and are not committed to any of the above.

Please do let us know if you have any queries. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I actually think deliveries of FE for US would be Q1 of 2023. They're barely making deliveries as scheduled in the home UK market and we're heading into June.

Sounds about right to me. Who knows how long port certifications will take.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
IMHO... I optimistically disagree. As Tom has stated... kick off for the UK is delayed a month into July. USA original targets were based off one shift. They now have two shifts to catch up. As for the Supply issue... China is starting to slowly open back up and restraints should be less of an issue. So my opinion is for the USA, they will actually hit the target dates or be near close to them. 🤞🏼

I hope you're right! Can't wait to see your Shadow Grey Emira. :cool:

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
IMHO... I optimistically disagree. As Tom has stated... kick off for the UK is delayed a month into July. USA original targets were based off one shift. They now have two shifts to catch up. As for the Supply issue... China is starting to slowly open back up and restraints should be less of an issue. So my opinion is for the USA, they will actually hit the target dates or be near close to them. 🤞🏼
I mean I'm all for on-time deliveries; but given the nature of how the world works now (aka nothing is ever delivered on time), I would add 2-3 months to whatever best estimate you receive.

It'll just save a lot of disappointment.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So we can expect V6 base models to be delivered June-August 2023? Originally expected Spring which could be up to about June 20th.

Given it’s a year out, can one now pick the car up in England and drive it around UK or Europe?

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So we can expect V6 base models to be delivered June-August 2023? Originally expected Spring which could be up to about June 20th.

Given it’s a year out, can one now pick the car up in England and drive it around UK or Europe?
V6 Base (to my knowledge) isn't even available until mid 2023, with delivery in 2024.

There's really no way to get into a new Emira any time soon.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
V6 Base (to my knowledge) isn't even available until mid 2023, with delivery in 2024.

There's really no way to get into a new Emira any time soon.
Interesting. Local dealer (in California) said production for base V6 starts in first part of 2023 with deliveries starting in Spring.

2001f4s

Reaction score
I feel for the fortunate people that live in warm climates. Very frustrating I'm sure. For me living in a cold climate I hope my December delivery is delayed until March. It would be hard to see car sitting in the garage all winter.o_O
I'm in the same boat, except located in Chicago. My deposit was in May of 2021, so an early one, with a promise of October/November delivery. I have already inquired with my dealer about storing the car for me.

Kingslim

Reaction score
Just had the below email from Lotus

Good afternoon

We tried to contact you today to discuss your delivery options for the Emira.

Please could we kindly ask you to answer the following questions:

1.) Lotus Kent is your local agent. Would you like to use this agent for aftercare needs for the Emira?

2.) Do you plan on trading in a vehicle?

3.) Will you be requesting a personalised plate registration?

4.) How are you planning on taking delivery of your Emira? (at the factory, home/business address, or Lotus agent).

5.) If you have opted for factory collection on the above question, do you wish to bring a plus 1?

You can still change your mind in the future and are not committed to any of the above.

Please do let us know if you have any queries. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
I had this call Wednesday - I'm a Friday evening Goodwood deposit V6 FE, still August delivery. The guy on the phone said answers to these questions will influence final timing - I'm guessing fine tuning with trade-ins, Hethel collection etc all needing to be coordinated. £199 for the Hethel tour, lunch and collection for 2 people sounded fun - thats what I'm doing and I have no idea if this will accelerate or delay delivery. This is more down to numbers on each day than when the car will be ready I think. I was no trade-in, no personal plate which hopefully keeps things a little more straightforward.

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve just been in touch with the lotus dealer where I’ve placed the order (Italy) in December, when I signed production should have been during June, beginning of this month was postponed in July (not clear beginning or late), as of today they have no clue at all!!!!! They stated they’ll have updates by June the 15th….

Are you having similar experiences?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve just been in touch with the lotus dealer where I’ve placed the order (Italy) in December, when I signed production should have been during June, beginning of this month was postponed in July (not clear beginning or late), as of today they have no clue at all!!!!! They stated they’ll have updates by June the 15th….

Are you having similar experiences?
my build in Spain, first in dealership, according to the dealer is now September. I am guessing it will probably be October delivery. I think we´ll have to wait two or three weeks more to see a more accurate date. hoping no more delays.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hope this isn’t bad news for V6 deposit holders ….
D99FA3BA-3D16-4C79-9EDB-AF71DA28CBE3.jpeg