• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Poll for Those with Paint Blistering / Bubbling Defect

Does your Emira have any Paint Blistering/Bubbling issues, and if it does, when was it manufactured?

• My Emira does not have any Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues

Votes: 81 76.4%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (Prior to 01/23)

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (01/23)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (02/23)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (03/23)

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (04/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (05/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (06/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (07/23)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (08/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (09/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (10/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (After 10/23)

• Total voters
The difference is how each company responds to the problems. One will handle and stand behind the their brand and one will not. Worlds apart unfortunately.
It's easy to stand behind something when you have a bottomless pool of money to draw from. Less so when you are a more typical company with fiscal limitations.

It's easy to stand behind something when you have a bottomless pool of money to draw from. Less so when you are a more typical company with fiscal limitations.
So are you suggesting Geely with it's billions are not behind Lotus to sort problems.

So are you suggesting Geely with it's billions are not behind Lotus to sort problems.
From what I understand, Geely operates each of its owned companies as independent entities that have to stand on their own balance sheet. Geely is really more of a holding company, they are nowhere near as integrated financially or operationally as VAG.

From what I understand, Geely operates each of its owned companies as independent entities that have to stand on their own balance sheet. Geely is really more of a holding company, they are nowhere near as integrated financially or operationally as VAG.
Totally agree, Lotus is not profitable in the UK, what do you think the result will be?

I have no idea, and I feel like it's a topic for another thread. I just mentioned the financials because of the discrepancy in how Porsche handles warranty concerns compared to many other companies.

The difference is how each company responds to the problems. One will handle and stand behind the their brand and one will not. Worlds apart unfortunately.
Been on the phone to them today.

After 4 months.... They want even more time to resolve the manufacturing issues and paint problems.

They are refusing to provide a deadline.

As a goodwill gesture the wish to give me a "Luxury Lotus Hamper" (which is out of stock)

For all the inconvenience

I think it sums up how worlds apart Lotus customer service actually is compared to where they want to be as a brand.

Been on the phone to them today.

After 4 months.... They want even more time to resolve the manufacturing issues and paint problems.

They are refusing to provide a deadline.

As a goodwill gesture the wish to give me a "Luxury Lotus Hamper" (which is out of stock)

I think it sums up how worlds apart Lotus customer service actually is compared to where they want to be as a brand.

Fitting.

1716234318411.png

You have got to be joking. A "hamper" as in a gift box? To what, assuage your negative feelings?

This is wild. Just absolutely wild.

No they’re not. Geely are out to use the brand and tech to help expand and copy there own. Once the times up, it will dump the brand like they did with Polestar.

No they’re not. Geely are out to use the brand and tech to help expand and copy there own. Once the times up, it will dump the brand like they did with Polestar.
I'm not sure what you mean about Polestar, Geely just took on more direct ownership of Polestar this year. It was Volvo that was divesting their majority stake in Polestar.

Yes, I know this is a game of nesting dolls. But it does matter in relation to your statement.

At what point do you just ask for your money back? 4 months seems absurd to replace some panels.
I couldn’t agree more.

My update today from the dealer is they will replace both doors now I have 1 blister appear on the drivers door.
They have confirmed they will have the car for a month but will make sure I get another Emira to drive for as long as the job takes. They are going to contact Lotus to make sure they are paying for the ppf and to hopefully tie in dropping the car off there for a week. That would be a result as the wrappers have a top end paint shop and they will check the paint quality before doing their work.
If that goes to plan I can’t ask for more than getting it back in perfect condition and an Emira to drive. Let’s face it I won’t care if it takes 6 months if I’m clocking up the miles on another Emira.😁

I couldn’t agree more.

My update today from the dealer is they will replace both doors now I have 1 blister appear on the drivers door.
They have confirmed they will have the car for a month but will make sure I get another Emira to drive for as long as the job takes. They are going to contact Lotus to make sure they are paying for the ppf and to hopefully tie in dropping the car off there for a week. That would be a result as the wrappers have a top end paint shop and they will check the paint quality before doing their work.
If that goes to plan I can’t ask for more than getting it back in perfect condition and an Emira to drive. Let’s face it I won’t care if it takes 6 months if I’m clocking up the miles on another Emira.😁
Lotus are trying to avoid giving me a refund at all costs.

They are trying to propose that my car is sent from Hethel to Lotus Glasgow where I bought it from to complete the repairs with a view to giving me compensation.

Lotus Glasgow would need another 2 months to sort.

They definitely do not want to keep my car. I think all parties involved know that my car stands for a big loss and will be hard to sell on given the state its in.

They are trying to propose that my car is sent from Hethel to Lotus Glasgow where I bought it from to complete the repairs with a view to giving me compensation.

They definitely do not want to keep my car. I think all parties involved know that my car stands for a big loss and will be hard to sell on given the state its in.
Hopefully are cars are repaired to a perfect standard and we can go back to enjoying them.
I’m just thankful it’s a warranty job and I get to continue driving an Emera whilst my mileage is staying static.

I think I'm about to start on the same journey you're on just now. Paint bubbling on both quarter panels now as well as driver door. Emailed the escalations team to complain and requested a replacement car or full refund. A day or so later the dealer called asking for pics of all the bubbling any description of any other issues. Radio silence since... I'm not accepting a sand down and respray as the bodyshop who replaced my passenger door last year told me in no uncertain terms that it will come back again if repaired like that and only full replacement will solve the issue. The least I will accept is a new body on the car at this point...

They have authorised a full refund for my car today.

Honestly the worst customer service I have ever had to endure.

It was horrific and an absolute fiasco.

The factory literally refused to fix the manufacturing problems with my car.

Despite still asking for more time and offering compensation.

I could not forgive them for how I was treated by them.

Good Luck to you all

Glad it’s finally resolved for you. They’ve handled this situation so bad.

Sadly noticed bubbly across both doors as of today. Last wash was 2 weeks ago and no issues. Today however after giving the car a lovely safe wash clean noticed the imperfections today. So have emailed the team at lotus customer care to advise on next steps to getting fixed

Attachments

• IMG_8132.jpeg
    IMG_8132.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8133.mov
    27.8 MB
Sadly noticed bubbly across both doors as of today. Last wash was 2 weeks ago and no issues. Today however after giving the car a lovely safe wash clean noticed the imperfections today. So have emailed the team at lotus customer care to advise on next steps to getting fixed
Sorry to see this on your car, and yet another instance reported 😯

What was your build date?

Sorry to see this on your car, and yet another instance reported 😯

What was your build date?
Build date was May 2023 and collection was July 2023

My understanding is car will likely go to hethel for 2 new doors and paint and need to cover the cost of ceramic as well

Build date was May 2023 and collection was July 2023

My understanding is car will likely go to hethel for 2 new doors and paint and need to cover the cost of ceramic as well
Wonder what circumstance made them appear on both doors over a year after build. is there anything different that may have suddenly caused it - hot/cold day etc?

Mine is also a May 23 build and perhaps it’s just a matter of time.