• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Options for replacement nose/wheel badges

I'm sorry but the current two are the worst they've made!
Agree. 2005-2010 gets my vote. However, I do like bigger on the Emira. I’m sure someone out there could make whatever you wanted based off an old picture

@Tomi forgot where you wanted this ,but ive just ordered my black badge:
Someone posted this on facebook, the part number for the black Emira badges

Ordered one for mine the other day 😌

@Tomi forgot where you wanted this ,but ive just ordered my black badge:

Ordered one for mine the other day 😌
Thanks. I’ll add it to post #1. That’s Bell & Colvill/Lotus Surrey on eBay so must be a genuine Lotus part and probably also available via Deroure, the Lotus online parts site run by B&C.

Sold out at the moment but maybe they'll restock shortly.

Thanks. I’ll add it to post #1. That’s Bell & Colvill/Lotus Surrey on eBay so must be a genuine Lotus part and probably also available via Deroure, the Lotus online parts site run by B&C.
Already arrived

Attachments

• 20230128_155752.jpg
    20230128_155752.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 71
That's the base option badge (and doesn't use either of the recent "children's crayon" versions of the logo). You can specify anything you like on your Evija, including badges made from unicorn horn and the lettering in fairy dust :)

On a serious note, the Emira First Edition side badges have a carbon weave background, so a nose badge in a similar style would tie in nicely with that.
Sorry if my question isn't in appropriate section, but since you mention the FE side badges .. I was wondering what will go in that spot if you buy a base model. I was hoping it would still have a badge but just say Emira and not FE etc.. Otherwise there will be kinda a gap where a badge should go if one isn't supplied here if its base.

Sorry if my question isn't in appropriate section, but since you mention the FE side badges .. I was wondering what will go in that spot if you buy a base model. I was hoping it would still have a badge but just say Emira and not FE etc.. Otherwise there will be kinda a gap where a badge should go if one isn't supplied here if its base.
There will be a badge of some sort there because it covers a panel fixing bolt.

I read somewhere that the black nose badges were used when they lost racing drivers back in the day, rather than some styling gimmick.

I read somewhere that the black nose badges were used when they lost racing drivers back in the day, rather than some styling gimmick.
They were used from time to time, no real rhyme or reason, I think it started in 68 with the passing of Clark, so maybe what you heard is right, but then they were used again at times in the 70’s, I guess we will never really know

The first black badge was commissioned as a one-off in 1967 by the Lotus sales director Graham Arnold for his personal Elan.

Black badges were used on road cars after Jim Clark’s death in 1968 and again after the deaths of Jochen Rindt and Colin Chapman. A batch of commemorative Esprits also had black badges after Lotus won the F1 constructors championship for the 7th time in 1978.

It would have been a nice gesture to fit black badges to the Emira FEs to recognise the passing of Lotus co-founder Hazel Chapman in 2021.

It's not been confirmed but we've seen an example of a non-First Edition badge on the white pre-production prototype used for some of the early press reviews:

Base Edition badge (Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 2.37.59 PM don4v4n).png

Pic: don4v4n from Top Gear video

The first black badge was commissioned as a one-off in 1967 by the Lotus sales director Graham Arnold for his personal Elan.

Black badges were used on road cars after Jim Clark’s death in 1968 and again after the deaths of Jochen Rindt and Colin Chapman. A batch of commemorative Esprits also had black badges after Lotus won the F1 constructors championship for the 7th time in 1978.

It would have been a nice gesture to fit black badges to the Emira FEs to recognise the passing of Lotus co-founder Hazel Chapman in 2021.
Just to make it murkier, various new cars had the black badge throughout the 70’s for no apparent reason and not speaking ill in anyway of Graham Arnold, but he did like telling a yarn

Lotus publicity photo woith black badge circa 75-79

Attachments

• E2B93276-3DEB-4A77-9151-9387B5741BFC.jpeg
    E2B93276-3DEB-4A77-9151-9387B5741BFC.jpeg
    265.4 KB · Views: 27
IYO, is it a violation to add some lotus badges like this? I love this look and if I buy a c8 I plan on putting the number 8 in the same location. Unless of course you guys hate it:)
vzOjnGA.jpg

Don’t forget that the Emira is the final Lotus’s car to saying good bye to petrol.
So, Emira is the most suitable to the black badge, IMO.

Just to make it murkier, various new cars had the black badge throughout the 70’s for no apparent reason and not speaking ill in anyway of Graham Arnold, but he did like telling a yarn
You're right various other cars had black badges and it seemed to be completely random, perhaps based on what badges were quicker or cheaper to order at the time or whether they found an old batch lurking on a shelf!