• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Options for replacement nose/wheel badges

Purchased mine 3 weeks ago, can't belive they are now charging £66

1677276059558.png

You're right various other cars had black badges and it seemed to be completely random, perhaps based on what badges were quicker or cheaper to order at the time or whether they found an old batch lurking on a shelf!
I’d say it’s like flying a historic flag. It’s not considered disrespectful to fly, the 23 star United States flag of of 1820 for example or wear a historic West Ham kit.

Not sure what thread it was but someone said “For The Drivers” was going away. Must have been an April fools joke I guess.

90458DE3-80CC-4E90-9968-9677493D48C1.jpeg
90458DE3-80CC-4E90-9968-9677493D48C1.jpeg

Not an April Fool, dealers in Asia had quietly been asked to remove it from local showrooms and publicity materials.

Going to order some badges, are these correct? Says Emira on search results, but not in the description on the product page. Trying to find the nose badge, but might just ring them, site is not great tbf, but if anyone has a link that would be handy. or if anyone knows a better source for all this at the moment.
The description says they're center caps for wheels, but it does list the Emira. If you're looking for the nose badge that's listed in this thread.

The description says they're center caps for wheels, but it does list the Emira. If you're looking for the nose badge that's listed in this thread.
Sorry, ignore me, not looking close enough lol. Had a few tabs up jumping around them all. Links to ebay are dead, so will look on B&C a bit more.

Found B&C eBay site, ordered some centre caps, and asked about the nose badge… order got cancelled 😅

Their message to me was interesting though, perhaps new colours will have appropriate badge colours?;

Unfortunately Lotus have stopped anyone purchasing the black nose badges for the moment until the Model of Emira they're being fitted too as standard is released in the future.

I'm also sorry to advise we're out of stock of the wheel centres until the beginning of July (eta from Lotus)

Apologies but we'll have to cancel your order on this occasion

Kind regards

Gary

Found B&C eBay site, ordered some centre caps, and asked about the nose badge… order got cancelled 😅

Their message to me was interesting though, perhaps new colours will have appropriate badge colours?;

Unfortunately Lotus have stopped anyone purchasing the black nose badges for the moment until the Model of Emira they're being fitted too as standard is released in the future.

I'm also sorry to advise we're out of stock of the wheel centres until the beginning of July (eta from Lotus)

Apologies but we'll have to cancel your order on this occasion

Kind regards

Gary
Oooo interesting quite rare for the time being then 😁
20230329_125436.jpg

Back in February at the Lotus event at the British Motor Museum either Gavan Kershaw or Russell Carr (I can't remember which) hinted that production badges would be changing over to the black versions at some point and this now seems to be about to happen "soon" - so perhaps the yellow and green badges will become the rare ones?....

Back in February at the Lotus event at the British Motor Museum either Gavan Kershaw or Russell Carr (I can't remember which) hinted that production badges would be changing over to the black versions at some point and this now seems to be about to happen "soon" - so perhaps the yellow and green badges will become the rare ones?....
Yes scatt mentioned something about that on my collection back in March when I mentioned I might swap to the black badges. I wondered if it would be just FE with yellow. (I will certainly hang on to mine)