• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Options for replacement nose/wheel badges

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Moderator note: copied from another thread to create a new topic to make info easier to find

I haven't had confirmation yet from any of the current aftermarket suppliers about them doing the Emira nose badge in black/silver. The Emira nose badge is larger than the Evora one. The wheel centre caps should be the same as the Evora ones.

For the nose badge you probably want a new resin or enamel one to replace the factory badge. Wheel centre caps can be resin or vinyl ones to stick on top of the existing ones.

Note the logo and font has changed over the years, so you need to decide if you want current or previous versions:

History-of-Lotus-Logos.png

These folks have supplied Evora badges in the past, so I'm expecting Emira ones to be available:
I'll update this thread when I have more info.

Edit: updated with known suppliers of Emira badges as they become available:

Last edited:

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What, no carbon fibre weave and gold writing? :ducks:

Black-and-silver badges are going straight on, probably before I even take delivery (while it is being PPF'd etc) :D

OneThreeOne

Reaction score
Moderator note: copied from another thread to create a new topic to make info easier to find

I haven't had confirmation yet from any of the current aftermarket suppliers about them doing the Emira nose badge in black/silver. The Emira nose badge is larger than the Evora one. The wheel centre caps should be the same as the Evora ones.

For the nose badge you probably want a new resin or enamel one to replace the factory badge. Wheel centre caps can be resin or vinyl ones to stick on top of the existing ones.

Note the logo and font has changed over the years, so you need to decide if you want current or previous versions:

These folks have supplied Evora badges in the past, so I'm expecting Emira ones to be available:
I'll update this thread when I have more info.
What's the difference between the last two? Just color? Green changes to Black? Is that reflected on the Emira badges?

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
IMO if the black badge was with a yellow background it was 10/10 for my spec (nimbus (for the silver accents in the badge), with black pack (for the black part) and yellow calipers (for wheel caps and yellow background)).

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Direct quote from Classic Sports Car Investor - Dec 2043.
Unfortunately values of many early Emiras have been severely eroded as for unknown reasons owners levered off the original Lotus badges and replaced them with cheap after market ones the wrong color”.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wonder if the Evija badges will fit he Emira? They're the black and silver ones if I rememberView attachment 20783
That's the base option badge (and doesn't use either of the recent "children's crayon" versions of the logo). You can specify anything you like on your Evija, including badges made from unicorn horn and the lettering in fairy dust :)

On a serious note, the Emira First Edition side badges have a carbon weave background, so a nose badge in a similar style would tie in nicely with that.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I will probably design my own logo and have it custom printed as an outdoor decal to apply over the current nose and wheel logos. Maybe a simple Union Jack design of some sort, or a lotus flower vector. The Lotus logo is ridiculous. They need to get rid of the monogram. The font is fine.

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Are we 100% sure that Lotus is changing to the Black Silver badges? Based on the logo evolution page from Lotus seems to be transitioning to Yellow Black. Which in my case I prefer. My Calipers are the same. I guess Silver Black like the steering wheel badge would work with more colors though. I wonder when when the switch will be? Curious for those that have their cars already are yours Yellow/Green or Yellow/Black?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They need to revise the logo to something more modern that fits the new design style of the Evija which I'm assuming is the style the electric sports cars are going to follow. The Emira is a pretty good version of it for an ICE car.

Here are some ideas I've been playing with for a revised, Evija style logo. The top left yellow is their current standard logo. Below that I've done a couple variations of theirs but simply added a border around the outside of the roundel and inner triangle, like the old logos had. On the right are my ideas of a newer, sleeker more 'Evija-like' inner triangle. It still uses the ACBC and their font for LOTUS. The original font Chapman had used was a sans-serif font, and I think that fits for a more modern look in this case.

If you're going to throw produce at it in protest, please include bread and some lunch meat so I can at least make a sandwich out of it. ;)

Evija Style Logo.png

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What about having just the monogram in the triangle element, make that smaller and put it at the top of the circle, then have "LOTUS" just in the circle and as large as possible. Or no triangle at all, just the monogram, circle, and LOTUS.

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They need to revise the logo to something more modern that fits the new design style of the Evija which I'm assuming is the style the electric sports cars are going to follow. The Emira is a pretty good version of it for an ICE car.

Here are some ideas I've been playing with for a revised, Evija style logo. The top left yellow is their current standard logo. Below that I've done a couple variations of theirs but simply added a border around the outside of the roundel and inner triangle, like the old logos had. On the right are my ideas of a newer, sleeker more 'Evija-like' inner triangle. It still uses the ACBC and their font for LOTUS. The original font Chapman had used was a sans-serif font, and I think that fits for a more modern look in this case.

If you're going to throw produce at it in protest, please include bread and some lunch meat so I can at least make a sandwich out of it. ;)

View attachment 21480
I prefer the factory version over yours.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What about having just the monogram in the triangle element, make that smaller and put it at the top of the circle, then have "LOTUS" just in the circle and as large as possible. Or no triangle at all, just the monogram, circle, and LOTUS.
Something like this? The top one uses the traditional triangle shape, the bottom one has my Evija-ish shape. I tried it without the triangle and it just looks too plain. Of all the elements of the Lotus logo, the triangle with Chapman's initials is one of the most recognizable so I think that would have to stay no matter what.

New logo Idea 3.png

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 21480
Any of the bottom left four work for me. But I can definitely see the silver on black on on the right color car.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here are some variations on the theme. I made the Lotus triangle a bit rounder on the bottom to be closer to the original.

New Logo Idea Variations 4.png