Official Lotus carbon fiber bits and other upgrades coming for the Emira

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
100% I am tall also so that will be a priority of ours to get done.

I know it is early days and you are probably working flat out on all kinds of mods/upgrades for the Emira, but I was wondering if you have had a chance to look at the feasibility of lowering the seat?

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
I know it is early days and you are probably working flat out on all kinds of mods/upgrades for the Emira, but I was wondering if you have had a chance to look at the feasibility of lowering the seat?

Lowering the original seat will be nearly impossible.
We did this early test to see what could be achieved with our seats.
Using a 6ft driver the Emira seat was sat in the lowest possible position and you can see the gap in the first photo with a 6ft driver.
With our B5 at the position shown in the second photo, it still had a 25mm gap which we could have used to lower it further.
Due to a straight upright back the B5 is also not as low as the curved B10XL, which we finally decided was the best match.

Attachments

• Lotus Emira standard seat head position lowest setting.jpg
    Lotus Emira standard seat head position lowest setting.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Lotus EmiraTillett B5 seat head position 25 mm up from floor.jpg
    Lotus EmiraTillett B5 seat head position 25 mm up from floor.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 37

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lowering the original seat will be nearly impossible.
We did this early test to see what could be achieved with our seats.
Using a 6ft driver the Emira seat was sat in the lowest possible position and you can see the gap in the first photo with a 6ft driver.
With our B5 at the position shown in the second photo, it still had a 25mm gap which we could have used to lower it further.
Due to a straight upright back the B5 is also not as low as the curved B10XL, which we finally decided was the best match.

There's a challenge @GRP , we're only asking for the nearly impossible :)

Reactions: GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There's a challenge @GRP , we're only asking for the nearly impossible :)
I did some investigation on it and dont see a way to lower the factory seat at all either.
With the adjustment in the lowest position thelinkage it right upagainst the floor.
So the only way to make them lower would be to eliminate all the power stuff and fixed mount them which I dont really see anyone wanting to do.
Bummer for sure as the stock seats are pretty comfortable but sit up a bit high for my liking being taller. They dont seem as bad as the Evora seats though.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I did some investigation on it and dont see a way to lower the factory seat at all either.
With the adjustment in the lowest position thelinkage it right upagainst the floor.
So the only way to make them lower would be to eliminate all the power stuff and fixed mount them which I dont really see anyone wanting to do.
Bummer for sure as the stock seats are pretty comfortable but sit up a bit high for my liking being taller. They dont seem as bad as the Evora seats though.
Thanks for the update. I feared that might be the case. @Steve Tillett's seats are looking more and more like the way to go.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How difficult is it removing the power stuff, is it just plugs you cap off? would the RC sport seats you guys sell be a viable option to swap out?

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How difficult is it removing the power stuff, is it just plugs you cap off? would the RC sport seats you guys sell be a viable option to swap out?
I didnt investigate much further but I can. We plan to install some Tillett B10's in our shop car but the RC seats or Cup Clone seats will also fit. I am betting the the Evora brackets/sliders will also work, we may just need to adjust the spread on the mounting holes.
I'll dive into it more this week.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I didnt investigate much further but I can. We plan to install some Tillett B10's in our shop car but the RC seats or Cup Clone seats will also fit. I am betting the the Evora brackets/sliders will also work, we may just need to adjust the spread on the mounting holes.
I'll dive into it more this week.
Thanks Greg, really appreciate it. The ideal outcome would be a solution that eliminates the fore/aft motor (or both the fore/aft and up/down motors) and puts the seat on manual sliders. A fully fixed bracket is super, super limiting.

The seat back tilt motor would be harder to remove because there still needs to be a way to set the angle, but as long as there's some sort of way to set it manually, you can still use the existing tilt release lever to allow loading of the parcel shelf.

Since the seats are made by Lear, I wonder if the brackets share any dimensions with bracketry or sliders for other brands that use Lear seats, like Volvo, Mercedes, or Ferrari.

Last edited:

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone heard the news about any OEM upgrades yet?

With the production speed, I'm left with a lot of questions. Will they ever get to the point of selling carbon parts separately? It would be great to have more insights on this. And even if it goes ahead, it would be helpful to know which parts they won't produce.
I just thought about what type of carbon they will use. This could impact what third-party providers sell, so there isn't, for example, an aftermarket side skirt extension with a different weave from the OEM black replacement.
As always, I doubt even Lotus can guarantee what they are going to do next month, never mind, in the next couple of years. :rolleyes:

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone heard the news about any OEM upgrades yet?

With the production speed, I'm left with a lot of questions. Will they ever get to the point of selling carbon parts separately? It would be great to have more insights on this. And even if it goes ahead, it would be helpful to know which parts they won't produce.
I just thought about what type of carbon they will use. This could impact what third-party providers sell, so there isn't, for example, an aftermarket side skirt extension with a different weave from the OEM black replacement.
As always, I doubt even Lotus can guarantee what they are going to do next month, never mind, in the next couple of years. :rolleyes:
If history is any guide to the future, I wouldn't hold my breath until such parts are (maybe?) available for future models, at which time they'll appear in the parts catalogue (which hasn't even appeared online in Lotus customer portals yet for the V6 FE....)