Official Lotus carbon fiber bits and other upgrades coming for the Emira

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sharing some info I received from the Lotus reps during this recent US roadshow. It's been mentioned before, but now confirmed that Lotus is working on carbon bits for the Emira and will be offering them for sale directly. I was told by a rep that he visited Lotus and saw the molds for mirrors and rear diffusers. Sounds like most of the black pack parts will be eventually offered in carbon as well.

There's also talk of Lotus offering various other OEM upgrade power parts in the future. Hopefully these can be ordered and installed by the dealer while keeping the warranty in tact. Hopefully there will be a more powerful ECU reflash offered as well. Time will tell.

What upgrades would you like to see?

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In before everyone says "seats" :D

I think paid upgrades for higher-power maps is a bit of a no-brainer. Carbon in place of "black bits" also sounds nice... I'm pondering what a carbon bonnet/hood and rear hatch would look like... mmm 🤔

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
In before everyone says "seats" :D

I think paid upgrades for higher-power maps is a bit of a no-brainer. Carbon in place of "black bits" also sounds nice... I'm pondering what a carbon bonnet/hood and rear hatch would look like... mmm 🤔

Carbon buckets for sure! 💯

I too would love to see a carbon louvered hatch like the Evora GT had.

20210717_112350.jpg

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
this will keep us lot happy!
Factory 450-500bhp i4 map.
Upgraded lightweight titanium sport Exhaust
Carbon backed light weight seats
Carbon bits instead of piano black interior plastics
Carbon rear hatch
Carbon wheels - but prob cost too much.
That will do me.

Last edited:

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Forget for a moment I’m a c8 fanboy, the speedo surround is gorgeous
Is that a replacement or a cover? I can't see adding weight to the car, but I'm willing to do a little light wrenching.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Is that a replacement or a cover? I can't see adding weight to the car, but I'm willing to do a little light wrenching.
That’s oem option if you order top trim 3LT called carbon pack? or something. Never checked it out too closely there’s a 16k delta+ between my po boy 1LT And the 3

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Unpopular opinion: I feel like carbon fiber bits is an outdated trend from the late 90s and early 2000s.

Unless it's functional.
I'll admit I'm guilty of considering it... which pretty much dates me exactly within your stated window :D

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
A PCA friend of mine once said "carbon fiber is the wood paneling of this generation." Always makes me laugh.

I do like some of the more modern matte finish open pore wood finishes in a dark grey or brown neutral tone. Other than that, brushed/textured aluminum for me. Piano black is the work of the devil.

That said, I am buying into the black bits for the exterior, knowing full well that it's just a trend. Full black pack for me. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: ADC

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I do like some of the more modern matte finish open pore wood finishes in a dark grey or brown neutral tone. Other than that, brushed/textured aluminum for me. Piano black is the work of the devil.

That said, I am buying into the black bits for the exterior, knowing full well that it's just a trend. Full black pack for me. 🤣🤣🤣
Agree about the matte woods, brushed aluminium, and piano black.

I'm doing the DIY black pack so I can change my mind when it becomes uncool. Or maybe I'll do a carbon roof... 🤔 :)

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Agree about the matte woods, brushed aluminium, and piano black.

I'm doing the DIY black pack so I can change my mind when it becomes uncool. Or maybe I'll do a carbon roof... 🤔 :)
I’m considering a white car and every 2 years I’ll wrap the roof and pillars a different color. I’d start with a ghost silver
round 2 would be powder blue

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you order at factory, it replaces the aluminum in 4 areas. Aftermarket you can get overlays or replacements but you have to tear the dash apart. I ordered my from factory and it looks good without going overboard ... just a little CF but not everywhere

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hearing rumblings about a ~30-50HP remap that may be offered directly from Lotus as an upgrade. Anyone hear anything more about this? I assume it's coming from their newly developed Advanced Performance Division and would increase the rev limit and power under warranty. Unconfirmed, but exciting! Thoughts?

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm hearing rumblings about a ~30-50HP remap that may be offered directly from Lotus as an upgrade. Anyone hear anything more about this? I assume it's coming from their newly developed Advanced Performance Division and would increase the rev limit and power under warranty. Unconfirmed, but exciting! Thoughts?
Have you ever hear of a OEM upgrade like that ? it seems undoable as cars need to get smog tests and meet regulations, and letting them alter the ECU without the need to meet new emission tests seems odd, of course I will be happy and I’ll do it 100% (and if not ill do aftermarket) but never heard of any OEM upgrade like that.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Have you ever hear of a OEM upgrade like that ? it seems undoable as cars need to get smog tests and meet regulations, and letting them alter the ECU without the need to meet new emission tests seems odd, of course I will be happy and I’ll do it 100% (and if not ill do aftermarket) but never heard of any OEM upgrade like that.
The Chinese I4s have 40 more HP. Maybe NYO is going to be Lotus' AMG. 🤣

In other news, they could work with someone like Komotech and just not void the warranty on that specific remap product.