Official Lotus carbon fiber bits and other upgrades coming for the Emira

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Do we know if there are any replacement parts coming for the external rear window side pillars ?
The plastic feel piano black is looking like an easily scratch able part and it's already annoying me.

Carbon fibre would look decent there and replacing the interior centre trim

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Do we know if there are any replacement parts coming for the external rear window side pillars ?
The plastic feel piano black is looking like an easily scratch able part and it's already annoying me.

Carbon fibre would look decent there and replacing the interior centre trim
From the pics Lotus has used in the site it looks like they are carbon if you look closely

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
In before everyone says "seats" :D

I think paid upgrades for higher-power maps is a bit of a no-brainer. Carbon in place of "black bits" also sounds nice... I'm pondering what a carbon bonnet/hood and rear hatch would look like... mmm 🤔
1699734052101.jpeg

We have now tested the brackets so it’s only a matter of time before your wish is granted.

Scrutineer

Reaction score
Have you ever hear of a OEM upgrade like that ? it seems undoable as cars need to get smog tests and meet regulations, and letting them alter the ECU without the need to meet new emission tests seems odd, of course I will be happy and I’ll do it 100% (and if not ill do aftermarket) but never heard of any OEM upgrade like that.
I don’t know how beefy the remap is but Volvo offers warranty-safe “Polestar performance” tuning packages on otherwise normal family wagons.

It would be great to unleash the low-midrange on the V6, it’s definitely being held back.

Jdmc21

Reaction score
I don’t know how beefy the remap is but Volvo offers warranty-safe “Polestar performance” tuning packages on otherwise normal family wagons.

It would be great to unleash the low-midrange on the V6, it’s definitely being held back.
Likely wishful thinking that it comes for the I4, but the polestar tune on my XC90 didn’t void the warranty and made a massive difference in the driving experience. I’d happily pay a few thousand for a warranty preserving tune to bring it up to the Chinese spec 400hp.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We have some items in the works for the Emira but are always open to more ideas and suggestions.
Once our shop car actually arrives in the U.S. it will really be game on for upgrades!
A few things already underway - front splitters, side skirts, rear wing kits, carbon fiber items, custom steering wheels and exhaust.
Feel free to email or contact us here with questions etc.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We have some items in the works for the Emira but are always open to more ideas and suggestions.
Once our shop car actually arrives in the U.S. it will really be game on for upgrades!
A few things already underway - front splitters, side skirts, rear wing kits, carbon fiber items, custom steering wheels and exhaust.
I’d be happy with a carbon fiber and silver front badge / emblem if you make those

Reactions: GRP

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would love a carbon fiber lip spoiler. tho i honestly dont know if its possible to make one look good for the emira because of the body lines.

maybe something very thin like the 718 spyder RS could work
1699844047854.png

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would love a carbon fiber lip spoiler. tho i honestly dont know if its possible to make one look good for the emira because of the body lines.

maybe something very thin like the 718 spyder RS could work
View attachment 33352
How about a wing like this? :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_1113.jpeg
    IMG_1113.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 59

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You've probably had this suggestion before, but if you could come up with some custom brackets to lower the standard seat I'm sure there would be demand for them. I've lost count of the number of both journalists and owners who have commented that the seat doesn't adjust low enough.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
You've probably had this suggestion before, but if you could come up with some custom brackets to lower the standard seat I'm sure there would be demand for them. I've lost count of the number of both journalists and owners who have commented that the seat doesn't adjust low enough.

I think the issue is the electric motors for the factory 12-ways don't allow them to be lowered much more or at all.

Joshbr32

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any current plans for the a cf louvered hatch like the Evora GT?
I ended up getting the i4 and think it would be a great upgrade

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think the issue is the electric motors for the factory 12-ways don't allow them to be lowered much more or at all.
Yes, the main issue is the motor which raises and lowers the seat (the other two are less in the way). Might be doable if you lost the height adjustment, but hard to tell without taking the seat out. Certainly worth investigating further. If there was one aspect of the Emira I would change after 9 months of ownership it would be to lower the seat by another 2 or 3 cm.

Last edited:

_w_

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, the main issue is the motor which raises and lowers the seat (the other two are less in the way). Might be doable if you lost the height adjustment, but hard to tell without taking the seat out. Certainly worth investigating further. If there was one aspect of the Emira I would change after 9 months of ownership it would be to lower the seat by another 2 or 3 cm.
I would absolutely sacrifice the height adjust to drop the seat

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
100% I am tall also so that will be a priority of ours to get done.

Yas.totti10

Reaction score
This would be v interesting and exciting to be able to add carbon fibre to our Emiras with a power upgrade.

I am all for it! But I just can't help but feel it would make a future version (Final Edition) of the Emira pointless.

That's why I am a bit sceptical about lotus offering power and carbon fibre upgrades.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would absolutely sacrifice the height adjust to drop the seat
I wouldn't, but with no rear seat, why not mount the motors right behind the seat? The gearing and linkages would need to be changed, but who's going to see it?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wouldn't, but with no rear seat, why not mount the motors right behind the seat? The gearing and linkages would need to be changed, but who's going to see it?
That would be extremely difficult. You can't just relocate something like that. Eliminating a function is far easier.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is there just a flat underbody panel under the area where the seat motor is? Would it be possible to put a slight downward bulge in the panel underneath the seat, so you could lower the seat a bit more and there would be room for the motor to go down?