Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Odd, that’s the JCT car but doesn’t come up when I search for Emira on the Lotus site.

Edit: cleared cache and now found it

OP
V

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Odd, that’s the JCT car but doesn’t come up when I search for Emira on the Lotus site.
Under the buy section on the site they have added in available cars under approved cars

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I found it here.
By far one of the saddest threads on the forum. Not only can they not build customer cars on time, on top of that they are ok with charging overs from the factory! This isn’t a dealer group, it’s the manufacturer - this is brand suicide.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Porsche and many others no different I’m afraid… would rather be seeing overs being asked than unders let’s be fair. We all want to hold as much value in our depreciating assets for as long as possible

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Porsche and many others no different I’m afraid… would rather be seeing overs being asked than unders let’s be fair. We all want to hold as much value in our depreciating assets for as long as possible
Porsche the manufacturer does not promote selling cars above list. They are certainly aware of it, but it is considered a bonus to loyal customers to buy a car at MSRP. Now if the independent Dealer sticks the customer with overs, that is different and out of the manufacturers control.

In the end the will crater Lotus as a brand. People will be dropping out a lot more. This is going to have an adverse effect. The brand will be tarnished heavily from this. It’s laughable, they are acting like a used auto lot, not a world class manufacturer with F1 heritage.

Ok rant over…

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
By far one of the saddest threads on the forum. Not only can they not build customer cars on time, on top of that they are ok with charging overs from the factory! This isn’t a dealer group, it’s the manufacturer - this is brand suicide.
That car is at Lotus Bradford. Lotus have always had a page on their web site showing cars at dealers around the country. HQ does not trade in pre owned cars.

OP
V

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That car is at Lotus Bradford. Lotus have always had a page on their web site showing cars at dealers around the country. HQ does not trade in pre owned cars.
Yes they do it’s on the official lotus site along side approved lotus cars! Under a new heading.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Porsche the manufacturer does not promote selling cars above list. They are certainly aware of it, but it is considered a bonus to loyal customers to buy a car at MSRP. Now if the independent Dealer sticks the customer with overs, that is different and out of the manufacturers control.

In the end the will crater Lotus as a brand. People will be dropping out a lot more. This is going to have an adverse effect. The brand will be tarnished heavily from this. It’s laughable, they are acting like a used auto lot, not a world class manufacturer with F1 heritage.

Ok rant over…
My friend traded his turbo S back in to his official Porsche dealer and they gave him £20k over list price. I doubt they then sold it for a loss. I think they are as guilty as Lotus.

IanO

Reaction score
The market sets the price
Totally agree, in the second hand market the dealer will have to pay the appropriate price, which may be above list and sell it for what he can get. What would incense me is the USA system of the dealer charging above list for a new car for no better reason than he can hold you to ransom due to waiting lists, that stinks.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Its defo there cos I av sat in it!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s counted as Lotus Approved because JCT put it through the process at the dealership.

I think Lotus HQ would have preferred it if JCT hadn’t bought it and advertised it as Approved. I imagine there was an interesting discussion between dealer and HQ.

Most UK dealers are following HQ’s request to stay out of the used market for the time being.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My error. If it is being sold by a Lotus dealer (not Lotus HQ) as pre-owned then I retract my previous statements. As an independent business they have all the rights to charge whatever they want and the people will decide what they want to pay. I have no problem with that. I assumed since Lotus were direct to consumers (like Tesla) that they are the ones in charge of re-selling the pre-owned units as well. Clearly this is not the case.

So this Lotus dealer network / direct to consumer in UK is a Hybrid version of what Tesla is doing? Sorry it was just a bit confusing. The dealers are all still completely independent and are not corporate owned?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The UK dealers are independent businesses and have signed an agency agreement with Lotus. Lotus sells new cars direct to consumers, with the dealers acting as delivery and servicing agents. Customers can also select delivery direct to home/work or factory collection but still have to nominate a servicing agent. Dealers get paid for demos, selling cars, delivering cars and servicing them. They don't have to buy their demo cars, these are owned by Lotus and loaned to them.

Cars UK customers trade in against a new Emira are covered by their contract with Lotus HQ, not the dealer. So Lotus do the valuation and handle the collection and on-sale of the traded-in car (in practice these three steps are sub-contracted to BCA). If the trade in is a previous Lotus then dealers can bid to take it into their used stock, but only after BCA have taken it in.

Dealers can buy used Lotus cars from existing owners or advertise them on behalf of owners on a Sale Or Return basis. Lotus HQ are discouraging dealers from buying or SORing any used Emiras at the moment.

Multi-franchise dealers can take a used Lotus in part exchange for a new or used car from another brand and then move it across into their Lotus used stock. This COULD be an Emira and not (as I understand it) break the agency agreement with Lotus, but it is more debatable if it goes against their no-resale request.

I believe that's what has happened at JCT, who have franchises for Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin and Porsche.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The UK dealers are independent businesses and have signed an agency agreement with Lotus. Lotus sells new cars direct to consumers, with the dealers acting as delivery and servicing agents. Customers can also select delivery direct to home/work or factory collection but still have to nominate a servicing agent. Dealers get paid for demos, selling cars, delivering cars and servicing them. They don't have to buy their demo cars, these are owned by Lotus and loaned to them.

Cars UK customers trade in against a new Emira are covered by their contract with Lotus HQ, not the dealer. So Lotus do the valuation and handle the collection and on-sale of the traded-in car (in practice these three steps are sub-contracted to BCA). If the trade in is a previous Lotus then dealers can bid to take it into their used stock, but only after BCA have taken it in.

Dealers can buy used Lotus cars from existing owners or advertise them on behalf of owners on a Sale Or Return basis. Lotus HQ are discouraging dealers from buying or SORing any used Emiras at the moment.

Multi-franchise dealers can take a used Lotus in part exchange for a new or used car from another brand and then move it across into their Lotus used stock. This COULD be an Emira and not (as I understand it) break the agency agreement with Lotus, but it is more debatable if it goes against their no-resale request.

I believe that's what has happened at JCT, who have franchises for Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin and Porsche.
I’m surprised that it hasn’t sold its a Lotus dealer selling Lotus car, at JCT they have some high end cars in the showroom, It’s been there quite a few weeks now, I see they are steadily reducing the price.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Another one £89,995
676D34C2-8608-4C97-9D85-4D7FE232E721.jpeg