• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus official second hand Emira

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There seems to be a steady 20-23 cars up for sale at any point in time now with one or two being added most days. Currently, there's only a 10k price difference between a 2021 Evora GT and a 2023 Emira. The worlds is bizarre, but I think the massive hike in used APR is hitting the used market HARD. If Lotus up their APR to 9.9% as many have suggested they might, I think they're going to have problems.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There seems to be a steady 20-23 cars up for sale at any point in time now with one or two being added most days. Currently, there's only a 10k price difference between a 2021 Evora GT and a 2023 Emira. The worlds is bizarre, but I think the massive hike in used APR is hitting the used market HARD. If Lotus up their APR to 9.9% as many have suggested they might, I think they're going to have problems.
9.9?? When is that happening? In the UK or US?

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
UK. There was speculation on one of the other forums that it could happen following further tightening of lending and national interest rate rises but nothing confirmed, just speculation until it happens.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
UK. There was speculation on one of the other forums that it could happen following further tightening of lending and national interest rate rises but nothing confirmed, just speculation until it happens.
Christ. I hope they wait until August. Been done over with the 6k and then even more interest. July seems like it’s years away at the moment

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, it'd be the death knell for me. Like you, I'm hit with the price increase and the interest rate has already moved from the 6.9% it was at release time. I was expecting to be paying around £500 a month but even with increasing the deposit, I'm now looking at £700 ish.

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Yeah, it'd be the death knell for me. Like you, I'm hit with the price increase and the interest rate has already moved from the 6.9% it was at release time. I was expecting to be paying around £500 a month but even with increasing the deposit, I'm now looking at £700 ish.
It is going up to 9.9%. In line with the competition. Porsche is already there.

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've just seen that Porsche charge 10.9% which is basically the same as products available on the used market. If Lotus go to 9.9 (or worse) before they ask me for the final deposit then I'm out and I'll keep an eye on the 6-12 month old market, letting someone else take the year 1 depreciation hit

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Autoscout24........total Europe........16 Emira's for sale.......

LotusEmira​

3.5 V6 First Edition Automaat Tiptronic...........​

€ 161.400,-​

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It is going up to 9.9%. In line with the competition. Porsche is already there.
I’d rather sign the contract today and pay the few months of repayments and not have the car until it’s made in July, than sign 5 years at 10%!?! I guess we take a punt and do it over 2-3 years and hope for a better deal when it comes.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think I posted this on another thread but the guy proposing finance to me called last week to say the rate has come down a bit to 8.9%. Still a hard pill to swallow 6-7k in interest over 4-5 years on 40k. Just not used to it are we - even us 'oldies'.

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Indeed. Its one of those situations whereby I could afford it but I just begrudge paying it. I hate paying interest on anything but can stomach 4.9%-6.9%. After that. I'm really starting to have to try hard to swallow it.

But I know I've said it before but what really concerns me is the amount of cars that are coming on the market and the effect on residuals. Its certain that there will be an Emira S and probably a GT version so is the the FE going to end up like the early Evora cars whereby nobody really wants them and the price reflects that?

If the manufacturer APR becomes virtually the same as the products available through brokers then where is the incentive to buy new? You might as well buy a six-twelve month old car with low mileage and save 8 or 9k. Lotus also has increased the residual to 46k after four years whereas most brokers are at the 40-42k mark.

PaulMc

Reaction score
Porsche the manufacturer does not promote selling cars above list. They are certainly aware of it, but it is considered a bonus to loyal customers to buy a car at MSRP. Now if the independent Dealer sticks the customer with overs, that is different and out of the manufacturers control.

In the end the will crater Lotus as a brand. People will be dropping out a lot more. This is going to have an adverse effect. The brand will be tarnished heavily from this. It’s laughable, they are acting like a used auto lot, not a world class manufacturer with F1 heritage.

Ok rant over…
My neighbour bought a new Macan and Cayman GTS in 2020 to enable him an allocation for a new GT4 RS. The dealer has come back to him saying he can have his rs order as long as he buys a Taycan too. Thats just wrong and has put me off the Porsche brand now. Lotus it is now

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My neighbour bought a new Macan and Cayman GTS in 2020 to enable him an allocation for a new GT4 RS. The dealer has come back to him saying he can have his rs order as long as he buys a Taycan too. Thats just wrong and has put me off the Porsche brand now. Lotus it is now
It would probably be cheaper for him just to pay the premium to a flipper. Thats a requirement to spend almost £200k to buy a GT4RS which can be had for about £180k on AutoTrader.

I've long since disliked Porsche. Their attitude, the way they nickel and dime you on EVERY option, a lot of which should be basic, means I'd just sooner not bother with them.