No FE fo me

gpsdesigns

Reaction score
while I pretty much expected it, my suspicions were confirmed today. I didn’t make the FE cut. (late august deposit at Naples)
they did however let me know that I’d still be looking at MSRP on the base model.
so…. Any color chips of the base model? ;)
I’m still going to wait, but need to decide between an evora 400 or gen 1 R8 in the interim.

can’t wait to see all your happy faces during the initial deliveries….hopefully there’s a new thread . Maybe titled “emiragasm photos”.. nope, scratch that.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
while I pretty much expected it, my suspicions were confirmed today. I didn’t make the FE cut. (late august deposit at Naples)
they did however let me know that I’d still be looking at MSRP on the base model.
I’m still going to wait, but need to decide between an evora 400 or gen 1 R8 in the interim.

can’t wait to see all your happy faces during the initial deliveries….hopefully there’s a new thread . Maybe titled “emiragasm photos”.. nope, scratch that.
Aww bummer. It's good that they'll honor MSRP for the base model though. At least you'll have more colors to choose from.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
One silver lining about having to wait for me is getting more smart-tech (particularly parking sensors). But id still grab an FE if a spot became available

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The other advantage if you're seriously into performance, is the base model will be lighter than an FE, so it should be quicker 0-60. The base technical fabric interior with 4-way adjustable seats and standard sound system won't weigh as much as the FE. Depending on what you choose for options, it should cost less too.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/the-13-emira-colors.706/ ;)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The other advantage if you're seriously into performance, is the base model will be lighter than an FE, so it should be quicker 0-60. The base technical fabric interior with 4-way adjustable seats and standard sound system won't weigh as much as the FE. Depending on what you choose for options, it should cost less too.
It’s 53kg difference between fully loaded V6 FE and no options i4. That’s a petite passenger or a tank of fuel, so I’m not convinced many will notice the performance difference :)

It’s good the dealer is honouring MSRP. I suspect Lotus will increase the price on the Base Edition and the options though. We’ll know more in September.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I don’t think I would be as calm about this revelation as you appear to be. They claimed they had 70 FE allocations in March when I contacted them. You said in an earlier post you were “in the 60’s” on their list yet through some slight of hand you didn’t make the cut.

Well this confirms my suspicion that Naples is a shady operation, really wish I had known more about their business practices before I placed my deposit with them.

Kind of between a rock and a hard place at this point. I guess I could talk with a couple of other dealers that were on my short list and see what can be done.

If you don’t mind me asking, who’s your sales person?

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
One silver lining about having to wait for me is getting more smart-tech (particularly parking sensors). But id still grab an FE if a spot became available

FE doesn’t have parking sensors in your market?
It does here (and camera).

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don’t think I would be as calm about this revelation as you appear to be. They claimed they had 70 FE allocations in March when I contacted them. You said in an earlier post you were “in the 60’s” on their list yet through some slight of hand you didn’t make the cut.

Well this confirms my suspicion that Naples is a shady operation, really wish I had known more about their business practices before I placed my deposit with them.

Kind of between a rock and a hard place at this point. I guess I could talk with a couple of other dealers that were on my short list and see what can be done.

If you don’t mind me asking, who’s your sales person?
I was an Aug 2 deposit with them and was told in the 80s, so I don't know how he could be late August and in the 60s. FWIW I did make the cut and I believe all FE orders are locked in at this point unless someone drops.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well this confirms my suspicion that Naples is a shady operation
A car dealer....shady? Who would have thought! :ROFLMAO:

But you're not alone. Most people that thought, or still think, they are getting an FE aren't.

OP
gpsdesigns

gpsdesigns

Reaction score
yes, in hindsight I wish I had gone with a different dealer. when I called I was given the line that they would receive the most allocations. That coupled with being told I was in the 60’s is what I based my decision on. Earlier in the year I saw someone post that they were told a higher number at an earlier date so I’ve had time to process. but I also feel like I’m stuck….at this point I’ll wait. But certainly won’t be working with them in the future.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A car dealer....shady? Who would have thought! :ROFLMAO:

But you're not alone. Most people that thought, or still think, they are getting an FE aren't.
I have a copy of the order document that my dealer submitted to Lotus, so I'm pretty sure I am.

For those of you who don't have this, consider requesting it. Trust but verify.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was an Aug 2 deposit with them and was told in the 80s, so I don't know how he could be late August and in the 60s. FWIW I did make the cut and I believe all FE orders are locked in at this point unless someone drops.
Yes, something doesn't line up here. I guess it's time to call someone in authority there, sales people don't seem to be reliable.

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, something doesn't line up here. I guess it's time to call someone in authority there, sales people don't seem to be reliable.
Totally, I was a serious pain in the ass basically calling weekly and got basically no info until I got a call May 18th saying someone dropped out so I could snag the spot

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
I was July 21st deposit date at Naples. I was told I was in the 60s at the time. I got the call for an FE back in May. Good shit you got a FE too. I was pretty much certain I missed the boat by not depositing earlier. Now hopefully we get the car before Christmas. They told me 4-5 months to delivery back then, but with all the delays rolling out I am just hoping Nov/Dec.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just FYI from what I remember, Naples did get the most allocations, which I believe was 50 total FE's. Bellevue 45, Boardwalk 40, I don't remember the rest. But quite a few depositors dropped out over time so later depositors made the cut in some cases.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just FYI from what I remember, Naples did get the most allocations, which I believe was 50 total FE's. Bellevue 45, Boardwalk 40, I don't remember the rest. But quite a few depositors dropped out over time so later depositors made the cut in some cases.
I was told they got 70 FE’s by the salesman who took my deposit.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was end of first week and was told low 90s there so yah no way you’re in 60s at end of august.

No FE for me either. Still on the fence anyway.

vantage

Reaction score

I put my deposit down on July 1, 2021 at Galpin (before the car was shown to the public) and was told I didn't make the cut for FE based on the allocations they had. But was offered any "new" allocations they received for the FE at above MSRP. I declined. They claim I'll get the first non-FE / base at MSRP.

If you think Naples is shady based on missing out on an FE after being in the high 60s, what do you make of my situation? :D

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It's not great in the UK.. It must be a nightmare for you guys in the USA
Stay strong 💪

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts