No FE fo me

Nonoyeah

Reaction score
Just FYI from what I remember, Naples did get the most allocations, which I believe was 50 total FE's. Bellevue 45, Boardwalk 40, I don't remember the rest. But quite a few depositors dropped out over time so later depositors made the cut in some cases.
Lotus of Miami told me they got 9 FEs... I am #14 having made my deposit on July 9. I am quite sure they are selling these 9 at over MSRP but I got deposit contract saying I will be at MSRP. Figure they can keep stringing me along until there are no more buyers willing to pay over sticker. This being Miami I am in for a long ass wait.

Next Decade

Reaction score
I was July 21st deposit date at Naples. I was told I was in the 60s at the time. I got the call for an FE back in May. Good shit you got a FE too. I was pretty much certain I missed the boat by not depositing earlier. Now hopefully we get the car before Christmas. They told me 4-5 months to delivery back then, but with all the delays rolling out I am just hoping Nov/Dec.
July 12th, 2021 is when I got my deposit in at Gator.

Was told back in March I had missed the FE… but would be #2 for a base version. Crazy how much it varies dealer to dealer. Can’t say I’m upset about not getting an FE but it is frustrating that some people committed months after me and are ahead.

Doesn’t matter, nothing wrong with a lower cost base version with everything I want. At least this gives more time for defects to be ironed out (I like to tell myself this anyways).

vantage

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter, nothing wrong with a lower cost base version with everything I want. At least this gives more time for defects to be ironed out (I like to tell myself this anyways).

I'm mentally prepared for the base version to cost me the same but the car would be equipped with less. The reason I think this will be the case is because the base is supposed to cost more than the FE when optioned up to be equivalent. So for example, we might get nickel/dimed for things like leather dash, forged wheels, etc., but since I won't be selecting things like power seats, then it will end up being roughly a wash.

I guess we won't know for sure until the end of this year with the base configurator is released.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm mentally prepared for the base version to cost me the same but the car would be equipped with less. The reason I think this will be the case is because the base is supposed to cost more than the FE when optioned up to be equivalent. So for example, we might get nickel/dimed for things like leather dash, forged wheels, etc., but since I won't be selecting things like power seats, then it will end up being roughly a wash.

I guess we won't know for sure until the end of this year with the base configurator is released.
I'm kind of happy that I could pay the same as FE and lose the heavy seats etc...
Missed a trick not offering a Sportier option

Nonoyeah

Reaction score

Exactly. Just give me V6 MT with a carbon seat and paint to sample option

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Hi all, none of us have a clue when we will get a car? like you lot Im waiting, I'm early July last year - I think when it get a call to finalise the deal ill either shit myself or die on the spot with shock, (of course whilst blubbering about how grateful I am and so sorry for inconveniencing them for the call whilst trying be to professional).

Nsrg

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a way to spec and price a base emira?

My dealer recently says my spot is soon coming up to do so, and that I missed the cut for the first edition (my deposit was August 7 2021).
That said, I have no idea how to proceed as I can't seem to find a way to spec the base model with prices.
Thanks for any advice!

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a way to spec and price a base emira?

My dealer recently says my spot is soon coming up to do so, and that I missed the cut for the first edition (my deposit was August 7 2021).
That said, I have no idea how to proceed as I can't seem to find a way to spec the base model with prices.
Thanks for any advice!
i was told by customer services the Base configurator will be available in August - i cant see this happening in all honesty, before the FE's are released / delivered

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i was told by customer services the Base configurator will be available in August - i cant see this happening in all honesty, before the FE's are released / delivered
I could see it... I think it's becoming a little more apparent that lead times are longer than normal. They will need customer specs probably more than 6 months in advance to the scheduled build time. The faster the configurator is up, and customer orders get submitted, the more time they have to source and ensure delays are minimal. Base configurator will be soon I would guess.

Configurator goes live sometime in August/Spetember - Submissions for base in October/Nov to be built sometime in April/May. Makes sense.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I could see it... I think it's becoming a little more apparent that lead times are longer than normal. They will need customer specs probably more than 6 months in advance to the scheduled build time. The faster the configurator is up, and customer orders get submitted, the more time they have to source and ensure delays are minimal. Base configurator will be soon I would guess.

Configurator goes live sometime in August/Spetember - Submissions for base in October/Nov to be built sometime in April/May. Makes sense.
i was thinking more in line that if FE customer get to play with the BASE configurator before they ask for final payments, they may find they have a lot of people dropping out of FE Orders for the BASE.

That was my line of thought, personally id love for it to be out now!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Base Edition options and pricing were due to be announced in September, as publicised by Lotus in April when i4 FE pricing was confirmed.

That might slip due to the parts delays, and perhaps not wanting to reveal inflationary price increases until later. But as mentioned above I think they'll want to get specs pinned down for early Base cars so they can get suppliers geared up.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i was thinking more in line that if FE customer get to play with the BASE configurator before they ask for final payments, they may find they have a lot of people dropping out of FE Orders for the BASE.

That was my line of thought, personally id love for it to be out now!
I think the FE will be a pretty good deal and less $$ than a base optioned out. I think FE buyers will be happy about that.

Nsrg

Reaction score
It's just odd that my dealer feels there will soon be a rush on my part to spec the base model.
I guess we'll wait and see how it goes.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts