Nimbus peeps red or tan leather ????

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi for people that have gone with nimbus which way have you gone between the red and tan leather and why. This is my second last decision to make. I quite like the thought of the tan as I’ve never had a car with tan leather before. I had originally chosen the red leather and I would know if I could see it in the car if this will be too much as I once had a BMW with red leather and maybe it was too much ? But on the other hand it may look wow think the shade of the leather needs to be just right.

Attachments

• 4EAE9725-CA1C-49ED-82F2-83C79069630B.jpeg
    4EAE9725-CA1C-49ED-82F2-83C79069630B.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 716

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi for people that have gone with nimbus which way have you gone between the red and tan leather and why. This is my second last decision to make. I quite like the thought of the tan as I’ve never had a car with tan leather before. I had originally chosen the red leather and I would know if I could see it in the car if this will be too much as I once had a BMW with red leather and maybe it was too much ? But on the other hand it may look wow think the shade of the leather needs to be just right.
I like the idea of red leather and calipers. And it looks good on configurator. But for me it would be too much to live with so would opt for tan. I however, have opted for Alcantara!

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I like the idea of red leather and calipers. And it looks good on configurator. But for me it would be too much to live with so would opt for tan. I however, have opted for Alcantara!
I also agree,

Have also opted for Alcantara w/yellow stitch and yellow calipers on Nimbus. Recently change the black rims for diamond cuts. hope it's my final, final spec
haven´t gone for red leather also because I think is too much red.

Here's some pics of my Range SVR with Red/Black leather interior.
The outside is what they call Storm Grey, something in the middle between Nimbus and Shadow Grey.
If the red leather option would have been something similar mixing with black leather, I would have probably gone for it again.
Note that the calipers are blue, as had no other option in model '16, and to be fair nobody noticed any discrepancy with the interior, maybe because it's a much bigger car.
i also think that tan leather will be more livable interior in this car, but red will have the wow effect.

Bottom line, whatever you choose will be perfect, just different preferences.

IMG_6222.JPG
IMG_6223.JPG
IMG_6228.JPG
IMG_0266.JPG

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey (many ellipses) you've discriminated againt us ice grey types!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here's James' pic of a Nimbus speedform against the leather samples. Bear in mind you won't get a 100% accurate colour representation due to photo, upload, monitor settings etc.

jamesbaly E26E36BA-0A67-416C-B9BE-D744ADE181BA.jpeg

Also worth remembering that only parts of the dashboard and doors get the colour and the seats have a black stripe, so it's more like what other manufacturers might call half-leather. It won't be as full-on as your picture in the original post.

Last edited:

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hands down - Nimbus/Red Leather/Red Calipers for me. But I've had tan leather in other cars and always wanted to try red. If Lotus wanted to be innovative they would offer a program w 3 month rotation so you could get each color combo out of your system until you settle on the one you finally want. I would certainly sign up for that plan!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's James' pic of a Nimbus speedform against the leather samples. Bear in mind you won't get a 100% accurate colour representation due to photo, upload, monitor settings etc.

View attachment 2871

Also worth remembering that only parts of the dashboard and doors get the colour and the seats have a black stripe, so it's more like what other manufacturers might call half-leather. It won't be as full-on as your picture in the original post.
What a clever portrayal!

OP
BeHappy

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hey (many ellipses) you've discriminated againt us ice grey types!
Yes sorry but I can’t divert myself anymore with any other choices literally taken soooo long to choose colour, wheels, blackpack or not, privacy glass or not, brake callipe colour

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes sorry but I can’t divert myself anymore with any other choices literally taken soooo long to choose colour, wheels, blackpack or not, privacy glass or not, brake callipe colour
And this is the First Edition with "limited" options. Imagine if they'd offered 15 colours and the packs as optional!

It's been said many times already - it's difficult to specify a bad Emira. And most of us go back to the configurator several times a day, even after we've submitted final spec!

Samps

Reaction score
Swap red leather to black and ditch the manual and you have the same spec as mine..
Red leather, red calipers, diamond cuts and full black pack is intended for my i4 - unless white is sneaked in due to demand ............

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That (1/2 leather) plus the black pack is what made my choice to go with a light colour interior. I had oyster with my silver Ftype and it worked well. You just need to make sure you have cleaning gear in the glove box as you have very little time if you spill coffee (or a decent port) on the seats!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'd chosen red. Had my 3rd call asking about changes and bottled it and changed to black alcantara red stitch... 🤦
I honestly think red or tan would look great though. Red calipers for red and yellow for tan

Last edited:

paul c

Reaction score
I’ve gone with red leather as it will be an occasion every time I get in it . Liked the iced grey best but thought about getting in with damp jeans and heated seats on , might stain .
Also not enough contrast with nimbus for me . Just hope I can live with the red dash when it arrives in august . Red callipers , black roof and cut wheels .

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve gone with red leather as it will be an occasion every time I get in it . Liked the iced grey best but thought about getting in with damp jeans and heated seats on , might stain .
Also not enough contrast with nimbus for me . Just hope I can live with the red dash when it arrives in august . Red callipers , black roof and cut wheels .
Only a portion of the dash will be red - you'll be fine. Same configuration as me BTW minus the upper black pack. Still go back and forth but I think it looks sort of 'Dino' without it which I love

1644162669769.png

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I decided the red would have been fine for just doors and seats but couldn’t get on with the red dash. It’s a great combo with nimbus though. I’ve since switched to blue + yellow stitched alcantara…