• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Nimbus with Orange calipers. What do you guys think?

SteveFromNY

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m going to powder coat the calipers and I’m considering a lighter orange color. What do you guys think?
IMG_9567.jpeg

IMG_9565.jpeg

YOUR_EMIRA-3.jpeg

YOUR_EMIRA-2.jpeg

Kinda like it (I have Nimbus on Yellow).

If you are sensitive to the amber reflector in the NA headlight, I wonder if these would help it "fit in"? Or would it be like when people realized that yellow calipers didn't match Hethel Yellow?

I like it a lot! If you change the lotus badges (wheels, hood, and letters on back) to orange, I think would even look better - very tasteful "bespoke" look in my opinion.

Maybe black/silver wheel center caps/nose badge would be a better fit with the orange calipers...?

Nice color by itself, but considering the existing color mix of the car, it's too much of a "fruit loops" effect.

Thanks guys, I put the orange swatch on my actual car today and it looks very off. I think Hethel yellow actually looks the best- the stock yellow calipers have a green hue to it that looks very weird to me. Hethel is close to the yellow on the GT3RS calipers, and I really liked it. I may do that instead.

I know Hethel doesnt look much different to most people (compared to the stock yellow calipers), but I’m really particular about stuff like this.
IMG_4388.jpeg

IMG_4403.jpeg

IMG_4402.jpeg

YOUR_EMIRA-4.jpeg

IMHO brake calipers are accents and look better in bright colors. The original orange you mocked up is brighter and looks better than the color patch you used. Same with the yellow- the stock bright yellow looks better than darker hethel yellow. Of course this is just my opinion.

IMHO brake calipers are accents and look better in bright colors. The original orange you mocked up is brighter and looks better than the color patch you used. Same with the yellow- the stock bright yellow looks better than darker hethel yellow. Of course this is just my opinion.
I do agree, which is why I wanted to see how orange looked like. It’s also my favorite color. I’m still on the fence. I’ve ordered more metallic swatches so let’s see.

I like your original, but it's going to have to be a custom mix. A caliper paint company should be able to do it. It's actually more of in the yellow range than an orange. I found this one on houseofkolor.com which was about as close to your original image as I could find. I don't know if they make caliper paint though.

Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 7.51.19 PM.png

I like your original, but it's going to have to be a custom mix. A caliper paint company should be able to do it. It's actually more of in the yellow range than an orange. I found this one on houseofkolor.com which was about as close to your original image as I could find. I don't know if they make caliper paint though.

View attachment 44467
Wow thanks! That’s what I’m trying to get!!