Nimbus peeps red or tan leather ????

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I hypothetically chose Nimbus + Red interior and black calipers and diamond cut wheels.

Looking at the samples, it is clear that the best match is the Tan and Nimbus. The colors are closer together, have similar colors in them. I am looking at them in a color correct monitor. I just want red because why the F not?

It is either that or the Blue + ice grey + diamond cut+black calipers. I think calipers should be neither seen nor heard.

JPS_67

Reaction score
And this is the First Edition with "limited" options. Imagine if they'd offered 15 colours and the packs as optional!

It's been said many times already - it's difficult to specify a bad Emira. And most of us go back to the configurator several times a day, even after we've submitted final spec!
What would be the worst specced Emira FE? Just curious. #Daretoask 😜

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hethel yellow, yellow calipers, black wheels, alcantara with yellow stitch, no privacy glass.

None of the yellows match and the black wheels would accentuate the yellow colour difference between the wheel cap and calipers. No privacy glass would make it easier to spot the internal yellow stitch colour difference too. 😬

Apologies to anyone who ordered this spec! 🤫

daveparky84

Reaction score
Hi for people that have gone with nimbus which way have you gone between the red and tan leather and why. This is my second last decision to make. I quite like the thought of the tan as I’ve never had a car with tan leather before. I had originally chosen the red leather and I would know if I could see it in the car if this will be too much as I once had a BMW with red leather and maybe it was too much ? But on the other hand it may look wow think the shade of the leather needs to be just right.

Personally went with Nimbus + Tan. I think it's timeless and classy and reminds me of a F355 I saw years ago that was a silver and tan combo. Red is red you either love it or prefer something else haha.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hethel yellow, yellow calipers, black wheels, alcantara with yellow stitch, no privacy glass.

None of the yellows match and the black wheels would accentuate the yellow colour difference between the wheel cap and calipers. No privacy glass would make it easier to spot the internal yellow stitch colour difference too. 😬

Apologies to anyone who ordered this spec! 🤫
isn't this @TomE spec? Ouch!

Don't answer @TomE , just kidding ! 😜

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It very nearly was! Until I saw the different yellows on the show car and I also switched to diamond cut wheels.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know! According to the Lotus design team it's because they aren't supposed to be used together, they're supposed to be a contrast to the main colour. A yellow car apparently shouldn't have yellow calipers, same for a red car and red calipers.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I know! According to the Lotus design team it's because they aren't supposed to be used together, they're supposed to be a contrast to the main colour. A yellow car apparently shouldn't have yellow calipers, same for a red car and red calipers.
…wait for it. Logo mention in 3, 2, 1…

JPS_67

Reaction score
I wished I could have black with a JPS livery. But that wil need a BE badge (Bespoke Edition) and I don't want to wait that long,..

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s all very personal…each their own as otherwise we would all drive the same spec and colours ;-)

I choose Nimbus, but with all other options black…callipers, roof, wheels, interior. Love how it looks.

Hethel yellow with yellow calipers and everything black…would be an awesome combi. When it arrives at the dealer, have the callipers repainted in Hethel yellow and it will look mental!!!

I used to own a Giallo Modena F12 in that spec and it looked amazing!
49171596443_0694256049_h.jpg

JPS_67

Reaction score
That (1/2 leather) plus the black pack is what made my choice to go with a light colour interior. I had oyster with my silver Ftype and it worked well. You just need to make sure you have cleaning gear in the glove box as you have very little time if you spill coffee (or a decent port) on the seats!
Port? in a car?

Jonno

Reaction score
Personally went with Nimbus + Tan. I think it's timeless and classy and reminds me of a F355 I saw years ago that was a silver and tan combo. Red is red you either love it or prefer something else haha.
Like you, I have gone for Nimbus/Tan. Really classy look that will look great in the years to come. Decision probably helped by the fact that I already have a 981 Spyder in GT silver with a red interior and really needed something different on the inside. Tan looks great 👍