Black pack decision

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi just found this forum and it’s great with lots of detail and debates. I‘m now trying to decide to get black pack or not and is it worth the £1200 . From the obvious black on roof on mirrors. Is there any photos side by side showing what the differences are on the other parts. ( its difficult when I didnt make it to the roadshow to see car in flesh ) Second Q how much would it cost to get the roof & mirrors wrapped black ? My car colour will be nimbus so will get black pack if I think it’s going to make car look a lot better with it. TIA

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi just found this forum and it’s great with lots of detail and debates. I‘m now trying to decide to get black pack or not and is it worth the £1200 . From the obvious black on roof on mirrors. Is there any photos side by side showing what the differences are on the other parts. ( its difficult when I didnt make it to the roadshow to see car in flesh ) Second Q how much would it cost to get the roof & mirrors wrapped black ? My car colour will be nimbus so will get black pack if I think it’s going to make car look a lot better with it. TIA
I’ve gone for it on my Nimbus car as I’ve gone for privacy glass too. I like the fighter canopy type look with the black pack. The lotus lettering at the back is black and the exhaust tips are black . I think the front splitter is also black. Best of looking at the excellent renders that have been done on the threads, there’s definitely a black and non black pack nimbus grey car shown.

As to the price of the ppf I’ve no idea but I can’t see the overall saving being much in it.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@eclat2emira did a great post previously on the visual differences between Black Pack and not, and how this affects your view of the car:

Lower Black Pack (standard on all First Editions) is: front splitter, front bumper air blades, side door undercuts and rear diffuser are gloss black. The door mirrors are part gloss black and part body coloured.

With Lower Black Pack but no Black Pack you therefore have: body coloured roof, A-pillars and cantrails plus part black/part body coloured mirrors, titanium (silver) exhaust finisher and silver rear LOTUS lettering.

Black Pack adds: painted gloss black roof, A-pillars and cantrails plus fully black door mirrors, black exhaust finisher and black rear LOTUS lettering.

It is possible to go no Black Pack and then add all of the elements of Black Pack individually. You can do vinyl or black PPF for the roof/cantrails/A-pillars and mirrors. The black exhaust finisher and black LOTUS lettering can be bought from Aftersales or you can paint or powder coat or plastidip them black.

If you get Black Pack it's much harder to reverse it, as you have to paint the roof to match the body colour. You could try a wrap but it is unlikely to be a good match to the paint colour and process Lotus are using.

The configurator does a good job on showing the roof and mirrors. It does show the lettering changing, if you look for it. The exhaust finisher is much harder to see changing but it does!

Differences on the lettering:
Rear LOTUS silver.png

Rear LOTUS black.png

The exhaust finisher is just the last section sticking out of the rear panel:
D44D2ACC-9C05-43FB-B13F-4D4C4EC46343.thumb.jpeg.8528df54c6395936d59f69e60ecc2485.jpeg

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
@eclat2emira did a great post previously on the visual differences between Black Pack and not, and how this affects your view of the car:

Lower Black Pack (standard on all First Editions) is: front splitter, front bumper air blades, side door undercuts and rear diffuser are gloss black. The door mirrors are part gloss black and part body coloured.

With Lower Black Pack but no Black Pack you therefore have: body coloured roof, A-pillars and cantrails plus part black/part body coloured mirrors, titanium (silver) exhaust finisher and silver rear LOTUS lettering.

Black Pack adds: painted gloss black roof, A-pillars and cantrails plus fully black door mirrors, black exhaust finisher and black rear LOTUS lettering.

It is possible to go no Black Pack and then add all of the elements of Black Pack individually. You can do vinyl or black PPF for the roof/cantrails/A-pillars and mirrors. The black exhaust finisher and black LOTUS lettering can be bought from Aftersales or you can paint or powder coat or plastidip them black.

If you get Black Pack it's much harder to reverse it, as you have to paint the roof to match the body colour. You could try a wrap but it is unlikely to be a good match to the paint colour and process Lotus are using.

The configurator does a good job on showing the roof and mirrors. It does show the lettering changing, if you look for it. The exhaust finisher is much harder to see changing but it does!

View attachment 2866
View attachment 2865

View attachment 2864

Are the silver exhaust tips actually titanium? Wondering if they'll get the blueish colors titanium usually gets when heated...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Are the silver exhaust tips actually titanium? Wondering if they'll get the blueish colors titanium usually gets when heated...
They're listed in the specification document as "titanium exhaust finisher" so I assume it's got some titanium in it.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
have gone exactly same as @Tonyshepp, maybe he copied me, lol

nimbus, black pack, privacy glass.

i prefer having it in Black pack paint from factory as opposed only ppf. Might even ppf it on top, or only ceramic coating at least.
opted for privacy glass, even if it might not be a lot of difference, I like the continuos black effect on the top all the way to the back.
Not very worried about seen less the engine with the privacy glass, and still will be able to spot it from close up.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

i prefer having it in Black pack paint from factory as opposed only ppf. Might even ppf it on top, or only ceramic coating at least.
opted for privacy glass, even if it might not be a lot of difference, I like the continuos black effect on the top all the way to the back.
Not very worried about seen less the engine with the privacy glass, and still will be able to spot it from close up.
It's the classy choice Bilbao, the look James Bond would go for 😜

G

Guest142

View attachment 2866
View attachment 2865

View attachment 2864
@TomE Does the full black pack also tent the headlight covers as well? It seems slightly darker with the full black pack setting which would be amazing. Has anyone else notice this? Any way we can verify this?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The headlights don't change with the packs. The reflectors and inside back of the unit are a complex shape and it does appear to change colour with viewing angle.

G

Guest142

Hi AudR8,

Yes, for me the black pack is a must have. It really makes the car look really sleek and futuristic on certain colors. Nimbus Grey being one. I had to take a lot of time when choosing my spec and I gotta be honest the black pack really helped me understand what colors to choose. Now I'm torn between Hethel Yellow and Magma Red...100% certain I'll go with one of those colors.

G

Guest142

The headlights don't change with the packs. The reflectors and inside back of the unit are a complex shape and it does appear to change colour with viewing angle.
Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was absolutely certain about the black pack... and then the configurator video came along! Seeing the red without the black roof -- particularly from the rear three quarter view -- gives a much lovelier slope to the roof, and highlights the teardrop shape of the side windows.

Also, someone mentioned that, with the height of the car, you're only going to see black every time you get in. Personally I've never wanted to own a black car.

That said, the Emira does seem to look superb in yellow or Nimbus with the full black treatment...

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
AudR8 I am probably going Nimbus Grey without the black pack.
To put black ppf on the roof, cantrails and mirrors would not cost much, maybe $250-$400 CDN, way cheaper than the cost of the black pack.
Another plus without the black pack is you can then have 2 different looks if one day you fancy a change, with the black pack you are stuck with one look.
Personally I think it looks great with or without the black pack.
Screenshot_20220205-184624_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220205-184604_Samsung Internet.jpg

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Changed to no black pack. I prefer the silver tips and I'll debage the lettering anyway

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I've done the same. On lighter colours I think it works better. This is after watching 2 videos side by side one with one without for hours!