Delivery....... Dealer/Home/Work

Where will you get your Emira delivered?

• Dealer

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Home

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PPF Installer

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Factory (If Available)

Votes: 19 36.5%

• Total voters

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think I brought this up in a much earlier post but wanted to put it to the poll's

What delivery will you choose....

1. Dealer?
2. Home?
3.Work?

Im going for dealer myself.

Last edited:
OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was going to put that on to spice things up but left it out as an option as still not available.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Factory = 5 miles away

Dealer (since Strattons became approved used and service centre only) =
Colchester (don't know them) 66 miles away or
Silverstone (preferred after Strattons) = 135 miles away

So if there's no factory collection (even for "locals" who now have no dealer nearby) it'll be home delivery for me....

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Cannot cast a vote here since this is for UK, and in Spain is Dealer or Dealer option.

If I had a choice my preference would be Take-Away. I would invite @TXEMIRA to try the cupholders (2 of them!) with full stock of Bollinger on the fridge behind the seats that will come in my Emira FE MLCII.
Might stop in the pub to refill while they do PPF and 2nd stop in the Pub while they do the Ceramic Coating.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Cannot cast a vote here since this is for UK, and in Spain is Dealer or Dealer option.

If I had a choice my preference would be Take-Away. I would invite @TXEMIRA to try the cupholders (2 of them!) with full stock of Bollinger on the fridge behind the seats that will come in my Emira FE MLCII.
Might stop in the pub to refill while they do PPF and 2nd stop in the Pub while they do the Ceramic Coating.
I like your style! Shame it's not a 4 seater!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
4. Factory
5. Other

I'm probably going to get mine delivered direct to my PPF installer rather than home/work/dealer. But if Lotus offer PPF as a factory fitted option then I'll get it delivered to the dealer. B&C have been very helpful throughout my Lotus ownership and it makes it more of a special occasion plus they get some photos for their PR. Arrive at the dealership to find the car under a cover, do the big reveal, champagne and photos etc.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

I’ll bring the bubbly!

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
4. Factory
5. Other

I'm probably going to get mine delivered direct to my PPF installer rather than home/work/dealer. But if Lotus offer PPF as a factory fitted option then I'll get it delivered to the dealer. B&C have been very helpful throughout my Lotus ownership and it makes it more of a special occasion plus they get some photos for their PR. Arrive at the dealership to find the car under a cover, do the big reveal, champagne and photos etc.
I’m liking Toms thinking, I would like to go down the same route ref: PPF-big reveal-champagne

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There you go gents all updated if you wish to change your vote.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Going dealer to make it a bit special, but will arrange for it to be ppf'd before I collect.

Can't imagine what sort of person would have it delivered to work... #ForTheShowoffs :D

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Going dealer to make it a bit special, but will arrange for it to be ppf'd before I collect.

Can't imagine what sort of person would have it delivered to work... #ForTheShowoffs :D
Depends, if I worked at a Porsche dealership then I’d get it dropped off outside the bosses office

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm sure someone at McLaren will get one delivered there. Usually several Lotus cars in the staff car park and quite a few ex Hethel folks work there. My Exige used to belong to one of the McLaren designers.

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Place of work was actually one of the delivery options on the Lotus website on the OTRC section.

Must do it all the time. lol

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm sure someone at McLaren will get one delivered there. Usually several Lotus cars in the staff car park and quite a few ex Hethel folks work there. My Exige used to belong to one of the McLaren designers.
Out of the Box(ter) thinking

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't see any advantage in collecting the car from a dealer as they have not had any involvement in the process and it saves having to pay for a taxi/arrange a lift to get there. I do wonder how the car will be transported and at what point the car gets valeted and prepared for drop off. I hope the full tank of petrol isn't the cheapest supermarket fuel that they can find en route!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't see any advantage in collecting the car from a dealer as they have not had any involvement in the process and it saves having to pay for a taxi/arrange a lift to get there. I do wonder how the car will be transported and at what point the car gets valeted and prepared for drop off. I hope the full tank of petrol isn't the cheapest supermarket fuel that they can find en route!
I said this another thread here, but I feel like one advantage to picking up is that you don't have to take delivery if something is not to your liking.

Having some dude drop it on your driveway and stand around while you inspect every fine detail looking for defects or damage doesn't sound fun to me. If you do that at the dealer/factory, and find something, it is much easier to leave it with them to be addressed. I have no idea if the process would be smooth in a home delivery situation.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I said this another thread here, but I feel like one advantage to picking up is that you don't have to take delivery if something is not to your liking.

Having some dude drop it on your driveway and stand around while you inspect every fine detail looking for defects or damage doesn't sound fun to me. If you do that at the dealer/factory, and find something, it is much easier to leave it with them to be addressed. I have no idea if the process would be smooth in a home delivery situation.
Exactly right, the guy dropping the car off will want to leave pretty damn quick. It feels a sub standard buying experience to me, a bit like buying a TV from the internet.
Dealer or Hethel for me.

torstin

Reaction score
4. Factory
5. Other

Work your magic! This would be ideal