Nimbus (Grey?)

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Based on the configurator I'm leaning towards Nimbus but would you really call this 'Grey'? To me calling it 'Silver' would be more accurate. I'm no fan of Grey in general (ie Shadow Grey). Silver on the other hand (as the Nimbus pics appear to me) can be stunning. My brother had a Stingray in Cortez Silver that really made the lines pop with beautiful shadowing. I'm thinking Nimbus will do the same. So can I get some reassurance from someone? Would you say the Nimbus more resembles a Silver than a Grey? What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• Stingray Cortez Silver.jpg
    Stingray Cortez Silver.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 368
  • Nimbus.jpg
    Nimbus.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 259

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Its been likened to Storm Titanium from the Lotus back catalogue colours, but there are some views on Nimbus from those who've seen it, think this is the thread you need from Tom https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/emira-colours-seeing-cars-at-hethel.672/

Personally since the new configurator came out, Im not sure I like Nimbus so much, its my chosen spec but DV Green is catching my eye!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Based on the configurator I'm leaning towards Nimbus but would you really call this 'Grey'? To me calling it 'Silver' would be more accurate. I'm no fan of Grey in general (ie Shadow Grey). Silver on the other hand (as the Nimbus pics appear to me) can be stunning. My brother had a Stingray in Cortez Silver that really made the lines pop with beautiful shadowing. I'm thinking Nimbus will do the same. So can I get some reassurance from someone? Would you say the Nimbus more resembles a Silver than a Grey? What are your thoughts?
At the end of the day all that matters is how the colour looks - names can be incredibly misleading. My Aston Martin Vantage (pictured) - how would you describe it to someone? Gun metal? Dark Grey Metallic? Well Aston in their wisdom called it Meteorite Silver!

I think most people would describe Nimbus as a silver rather than a grey. Some may call it a warm silver or a liquid silver or even titanium but actually doesn't really matter.

If it helps at all, I've been Verdant Green all the way (through all its iterations! :ROFLMAO:) but @Eagle7 's renders and the new configurator almost had me flipping to Nimbus!

1643220902609.jpeg

OP
B

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
At the end of the day all that matters is how the colour looks - names can be incredibly misleading. My Aston Martin Vantage (pictured) - how would you describe it to someone? Gun metal? Dark Grey Metallic? Well Aston in their wisdom called it Meteorite Silver!

I think most people would describe Nimbus as a silver rather than a grey. Some may call it a warm silver or a liquid silver or even titanium but actually doesn't really matter.

If it helps at all, I've been Verdant Green all the way (through all its iterations! :ROFLMAO:) but @Eagle7 's renders and the new configurator almost had me flipping to Nimbus!

View attachment 2682
If I hadn't been driving an F-Type in British Racing Green for the last 7 years I'd be all over Dark Verdant. Can't go wrong. Today I'm preferring Nimbus w Red Leather. Today...

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If I hadn't been driving an F-Type in British Racing Green for the last 7 years I'd be all over Dark Verdant. Can't go wrong. Today I'm preferring Nimbus w Red Leather. Today...
I'd have been pairing red with that too - that will look incredible.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Its been likened to Storm Titanium from the Lotus back catalogue colours, but there are some views on Nimbus from those who've seen it, think this is the thread you need from Tom https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/emira-colours-seeing-cars-at-hethel.672/

Personally since the new configurator came out, Im not sure I like Nimbus so much, its my chosen spec but DV Green is catching my eye!
@Balboa if that link and descriptions doesn’t help drop me a message and I’ll try to help 👍

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My summary of Nimbus is ‘Champagne Silver’ based on all the descriptions and seeing the sample disc. It has a cream and gold/bronze hue in it with a lot of fine metallic fleck.

SteveB

Reaction score
Just realised where I have seen Nimbus Grey before - its very close to Rembrandt Silver - the colour of my old Vauxhall Cavalier SRi. Called silver but had a light gold/bronze fleck the same as Nimbus.

Attachments

• download (1).png
    download (1).png
    581.8 KB · Views: 145
  • images (3).jpg
    images (3).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm working on putting together a street scene so I can do renders of the Emira in some real world looking settings, but Nimbus reminds me of the color they have on the Evija. It's a champagne, buttery liquid mercury kind of look which I think is just gorgeous. If I wasn't in love with green and set on Dark Verdant, I'd be getting Nimbus.

Evija.png

Nimbus street.png

Nimbus street 2.png

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm working on putting together a street scene so I can do renders of the Emira in some real world looking settings, but Nimbus reminds me of the color they have on the Evija. It's a champagne, buttery liquid mercury kind of look which I think is just gorgeous. If I wasn't in love with green and set on Dark Verdant, I'd be getting Nimbus.

View attachment 2685
View attachment 2686
View attachment 2687
I think that Evija is actually ""resale silver" with some fancy lighting. Nevertheless it looks wonderful! :)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if nimbus is similar to Alfa's "grigio basalto"... 🤔

Screenshot_20220129-101932_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220129-102039_Instagram.jpg

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm wondering if nimbus is similar to Alfa's "grigio basalto"... 🤔

View attachment 2735

View attachment 2736
That's a beautiful colour! I can but hope!
I've specc'd Nimbus but the new configurator had too much bronze in for me. Although @TomE description reassured me a bit. But only in terms of how good it looked on the car, not necessarily the actual colour. And after all, it's all subjective! DV was my other choice.