• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Elisesquared

Reaction score
Welp, Lotus, you win. Factory tour booked 3 days before my spec is due.
Nice. However, I hope your dealer provided you with an accurate spec "due date." My dealer told me my spec was due mid-April, and on Monday they surprised me and said "your spec is due now."

Corkdsp

Reaction score
I got a phone call today from my dealer saying my spec is due by April 19th and to come in to spec your car. Put deposit down July 12th 2021

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nice. However, I hope your dealer provided you with an accurate spec "due date." My dealer told me my spec was due mid-April, and on Monday they surprised me and said "your spec is due now."
My dealer has been very organized, telling me the exact day my spec is due months in advance.

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's my spec, so feeling quietly smug. ;)
also mine, the moment i saw the samples onlive i knew that nimbus grey would fit perfectly on the emira, and tan interior give this classic look

honestly , when the car is on the streets, compare to almost any car colour will be a winner

#fortheturningheads

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_36598-large.jpg
    IMG_36598-large.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 103

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Maybe you saw the Osmium silver and are mistaking it for Nimbus? That McLaren needs different color wheels, the bright silver looks funny against the color of the car.
I think that's very unlikely. All the leaked photos and descriptions people have posted line up with the cars I was shown and was told were Nimbus.

When I visited, Lotus were completely open in saying which colours were which. Most cars had build sheets attached and you could read the specs. Some cars (particularly non-FE colours) also had masking tape on several panels with the colour name written on.

Hi Tom!
Sorry if you've already talked about this, but have you seen the osmium color in person?
No I didn't. Almost all the cars had the colour name on a sheet or tape attached to the car. The ones I saw driving around didn't and apart from the camo cars the only non-FE colours on moving cars were the white one and one in a version of Nardo Grey.

Anyone considering nimbus grey should also consider a tan interior looks fantastic.
So Tom the nimbus you said look similar to this.
View attachment 4354
Yes

Tony from this photo unfortunately it looks more champagne than gunmetal, you can really see the golden colour come through when you look at the silver Wheels.
I'm hoping it's just the lighting or camera, because I'm not a fan of silver with gold/champagne tones, I just want silver, plain old silver.
View attachment 4355
It's not plain silver, there is definitely a bronze undertone.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think that's very unlikely. All the leaked photos and descriptions people have posted line up with the cars I was shown and was told were Nimbus.
I was referring to the other guy seeing osmium, not you 🙂

Blue97

Reaction score

When I visited, Lotus were completely open in saying which colours were which. Most cars had build sheets attached and you could read the specs. Some cars (particularly non-FE colours) also had masking tape on several panels with the colour name written on.

No I didn't. Almost all the cars had the colour name on a sheet or tape attached to the car. The ones I saw driving around didn't and apart from the camo cars the only non-FE colours on moving cars were the white one and one in a version of Nardo Grey.

Yes

It's not plain silver, there is definitely a bronze undertone.
Yes , definitely has some Orange Brown in the dye mix - nothing like GT Silver of the GT4 I had.
Very nice colour - more touring than sporty . Goes well with the Tan leather.

Attachments

• 7F300F6F-FBCE-4795-9DFC-B227855853E0.jpeg
    7F300F6F-FBCE-4795-9DFC-B227855853E0.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 98

sam041

Reaction score
Hey, ashamed to say long term lurker but now officially a member. Just wondered if it looks anything like the chiron liquid silver?

I've ordered nimbus for my August delivery. Not worried about that choice as all write ups that I've read from factory visits are very favourable for nimbus.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220408_225211.jpg
    Screenshot_20220408_225211.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 89
  • cristiano-ronaldo-bugatti-chiron.jpeg
    cristiano-ronaldo-bugatti-chiron.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nobody knows. Stellar marketing team. I say this only half kidding. But I am spending 100k on a vehicle that I have never even seen the color other than computer renderings which look nothing like the spy shots.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey, ashamed to say long term lurker but now officially a member. Just wondered if it looks anything like the chiron liquid silver?

I've ordered nimbus for my August delivery. Not worried about that choice as all write ups that I've read from factory visits are very favourable for nimbus.
Difficult to compare just from photos and I've not seen that colour in real life. It looks like it's more of a "plain" silver than the bronze hint in Nimbus.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Needed to answer some questions for myself. Here's that nimbus photo with diamond cut wheels, yellow calipers and upper black pack.

@Magicman you were looking at the same thing right?

(also, have mercy. I think this is my spec. Just debating tan leather or black alcantara with yellow stitch).

View attachment 4080
Sorry late to reply, yes this is mine but black calipers, I'm still not sure I'll leave the dc wheels factory, they'll look so much better imo with gloss black internals instead of matt grey adding another shade to the mix

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone have any more photos of Nimbus gray in action from the factory?