• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

denk0815

Reaction score
I'd say Nimbus is very very similar to Blade Silver. In strong direct light they both appear lighter than on an overcast day, so you see photos of Blade Silver where it looks to be noticeably lighter or darker depending on lighting. Nimbus will behave like that too. Lotus Storm Titanium has a similar behaviour but is darker. Nimbus has a slight bronze tone which isn't so apparent in Blade Silver.
@TomE
Sorry if you have already answered the question in another thread but:

Have you seen both colours live?

DrNio13

Reaction score

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE
Sorry if you have already answered the question in another thread but:

Have you seen both colours live?
I’ve seen all the FE colours plus most of the future colours and several trial colours (some old Lotus ones and some from other sources). Plus most of the old Lotus colours used on Elise, Exige and Evora. And the McLaren Blade Silver.

denk0815

Reaction score
I’ve seen all the FE colours plus most of the future colours and several trial colours (some old Lotus ones and some from other sources). Plus most of the old Lotus colours used on Elise, Exige and Evora. And the McLaren Blade Silver.
Thank you very much.
Then I will go to a Mclaren dealership at the next opportunity and have a look at the Blade Silver.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi Tom!
Sorry if you've already talked about this, but have you seen the osmium color in person?

JumboJet

Reaction score
Thank you very much.
Then I will go to a Mclaren dealership at the next opportunity and have a look at the Blade Silver.
I have just come back from the factory tour, saw all the FE coloured cars, except DV, white cars, brilliant red painted parts. Under factory lighting Nimbus is absolutely stunning, darker than I expected ( seen the discs & bucks) tempted to say almost gun metal. Easily my first choice colour, have no doubts, it is outstanding.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I have just come back from the factory tour, saw all the FE coloured cars, except DV, white cars, brilliant red painted parts. Under factory lighting Nimbus is absolutely stunning, darker than I expected ( seen the discs & bucks) tempted to say almost gun metal. Easily my first choice colour, have no doubts, it is outstanding.
Oh how id love to see a photo! 😖

Car66

Reaction score
Hi Tom,
on the factory tour was production in full swing or very limited?
were there many cars already built and parked up?

Thanks

JumboJet

Reaction score
Hi Tom,
on the factory tour was production in full swing or very limited?
were there many cars already built and parked up?

Thanks
David-Jumbojet here, slow pre-production in progress, perhaps 6 cars parked in workshops but not for customers, perhaps for dealers/press, couple of Magma, a couple of white, couple Nimbus but certainly no storage facility that I saw. All on the basic wheels. Photos burnt in to my retinas! No chance to sit in any of them, just saw tan & ice grey from a distance. No i4 on line today but they must be tucked away somewhere. Saw the robot bonding roof & cantrails to chassis ( manually loaded first).

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'd say Nimbus is very very similar to Blade Silver. In strong direct light they both appear lighter than on an overcast day, so you see photos of Blade Silver where it looks to be noticeably lighter or darker depending on lighting. Nimbus will behave like that too. Lotus Storm Titanium has a similar behaviour but is darker. Nimbus has a slight bronze tone which isn't so apparent in Blade Silver.
Anyone considering nimbus grey should also consider a tan interior looks fantastic.
So Tom the nimbus you said look similar to this.
Screenshot_20220407-113550_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I love gun metal ... Sounds better than reports of a champagne colour...

JumboJet

Reaction score
I love gun metal ... Sounds better than reports of a champagne colour...
No champagne, no pensioner beige, pure dark silver ( inside lighting) sure will appear more silvery in sunlight. It is better in the metal than any photos or the configurator. Remember when you first saw the blue car in the metal how it blew your mind & put a huge smile on your face? Nimbus does that all over again!! I was so pleased with it.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
No champagne, no pensioner beige, pure dark silver ( inside lighting) sure will appear more silvery in sunlight. It is better in the metal than any photos or the configurator. Remember when you first saw the blue car in the metal how it blew your mind & put a huge smile on your face? Nimbus does that all over again!! I was so pleased with it.
Ty for this info it's the best bit of news I've heard for some weeks...

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ty for this info it's the best bit of news I've heard for some weeks...
Tony from this photo unfortunately it looks more champagne than gunmetal, you can really see the golden colour come through when you look at the silver Wheels.
I'm hoping it's just the lighting or camera, because I'm not a fan of silver with gold/champagne tones, I just want silver, plain old silver.
Screenshot_20220407-131406_Gallery.jpg

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Tony from this photo unfortunately it looks more champagne than gunmetal, you can really see the golden colour come through when you look at the silver Wheels.
I'm hoping it's just the lighting or camera, because I'm not a fan of silver with gold/champagne tones, I just want silver, plain old silver.
View attachment 4355
That's the photo I saw with references to Champagne but I think others have mentioned the phone camera might have adjusted the true lighting.

JumboJet

Reaction score
View attachment 4355
Maverick, I think you are going to be sadly disappointed, plain old silver it ain’t.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I saw two of them in the factory earlier in the week. I would have said silver with a distinct bronze hue under the factory lights. I was pretty blown away by it to be honest. What it looks like in daylight or to someone elses eye I could not say.

DenzilP

Reaction score
View attachment 4355
i saw this car at the factory, its not plain old silver and the photo is a very good representation of what it looks like in the flesh (minus the photoshopped black pack) If it was like the porsche GT silver I would of definitely chosen it, but saying that it is still a fantastic colour.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Maybe you saw the Osmium silver and are mistaking it for Nimbus? That McLaren needs different color wheels, the bright silver looks funny against the color of the car.