Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

vcappp

Reaction score
I'm going with Nimbus grey with tan interior, yellow calipers and v-Spoke silver wheels. No black pack, as I can always go with black ppf.
I would go tan interior, the two tone looks so good.
Could you please share your experience if you installed black PPF to your other car’s roof in the past? How long does Black PPF last on the roof without peeling off? Thanks.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Could you please share your experience if you installed black PPF to your other car’s roof in the past? How long does Black PPF last on the roof without peeling off? Thanks.
My 2 cents. I’ve black PPF on my Evora roof and it looks perfect and I’m super happy with it. No signs of any issues and looks as good as the day it was installed. I think would last many years ~7-10 on a roof.

Attachments

• 145A52A4-0B25-496A-9F5D-6A0C989DD033.jpeg
    145A52A4-0B25-496A-9F5D-6A0C989DD033.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 165

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So now a few pics have come out of the other colours, DV of interest to me specifically... I've got FOMO on my second choice. I saw the factory snap earlier in this thread but wasn't happy with the picture quality so I've had a fiddle with the white balance and done a rendition of black alloys and black pack too. I haven't actually seen Nimbus in the flesh, but the white balance of the rest of the shop floor looks a bit more accurate, so I'm hoping this translates to the car too. Seeing as it's a JPG and not RAW, there was only so much exposure I could bring out, whilst reducing highlights etc... without the picture being blown out. Best I could manage with a 3rd hand picture!
I've included the original for reference:
110F4B95-B19D-4F33-AE94-98BACE0177D9.jpeg
110F4B95-B19D-4F33-AE94-98BACE0177D9-3.jpg
110F4B95-B19D-4F33-AE94-98BACE0177D9-4.jpg
110F4B95-B19D-4F33-AE94-98BACE0177D9-2.jpg
110F4B95-B19D-4F33-AE94-98BACE0177D9.jpg

Last edited:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So now a few pics have come out of the other colours, DV of interest to me specifically... I've got FOMO on my second choice. I saw the factory snap earlier in this thread but wasn't happy with the picture quality so I've had a fiddle with the white balance and done a rendition of black alloys and black pack too. I haven't actually seen Nimbus in the flesh, but the white balance of the rest of the shop floor looks a bit more accurate, so I'm hoping this translates to the car too. Seeing as it's a JPG and not RAW, there was only so much exposure I could bring out, whilst reducing highlights etc... without the picture being blown out. Best I could manage with a 3rd hand picture!
I've included the original for reference:View attachment 4944View attachment 4945View attachment 4946View attachment 4947View attachment 4948
Having seen all of the colors under Factory lights, I can say that magma and Verdant came alive outside in daylight. They look different, and better. White balancing here helps, but I’m not sure it’ll tell the full story of how this color reacts to the sun. I’m bummed Nimbus was the only car we didn’t get yesterday, because I witnessed 4 of them on the factory floor on Wednesday. I have to place my order today!

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've included the original for reference:View attachment 4944View attachment 4945View attachment 4946View attachment 4947View attachment 4948
We'll I'd be chuffed if that's a representation of the nimbus. Though I'm now less convinced on BP. I don't like the black exhaust tips anyway so being 50/50 on the roof is leading me away from it. And then you get the nice 'mean eye' shape of the window area highlighted too.
Still itching to see DV too though as I reckon it's the only one which may pull me away from Nimbus

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Needs black mirrors with BP

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You do see silver forged wheels. Although colors are off.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So similar to what I did with DV, I've had a little play with photoshop as a bit of entertainment for myself. Before y'all get carried away critiquing how it's not colour accurate, or not exactly the right texture, flavour, or it doesn't tickle the right body part on you... This is just for fun. No lotus involvement. They're all a little different, and if they're accurate it's more by chance etc...

Getting FOMO on Nimbus, but it's too late for me. I'm locked in on DV and I still think for me personally I've done the right thing! Very excited despite the delays. When it happens, I'll be a happy chap no doubt. Worse case I'll get it wrapped purple or something garish to upset you fine folk.

Enjoy
FL Silver.JPG
Left side Silver (2).jpg
Rear Left Silver.JPG
Side silver.JPG

Last edited:

daveparky84

Reaction score
So similar to what I did with DV, I've had a little play with photoshop as a bit of entertainment for myself. Before y'all get carried away critiquing how it's not colour accurate, or not exactly the right texture, flavour, or it doesn't tickle the right body part on you... This is just for fun. No lotus involvement. They're all a little different, and if they're accurate it's more by chance etc...

Getting FOMO on Nimbus, but it's too late for me. I'm locked in on DV and I still think for me personally I've done the right thing! Very excited despite the delays. When it happens, I'll be a happy chap no doubt. Worse case I'll get it wrapped purple or something garish to upset you fine folk.

EnjoyView attachment 5170View attachment 5174View attachment 5172View attachment 5173

Damn you're good with PS my man. Looks amazing! Wishing I had black wheels now I went with Nimbus + Silver wheels.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

EnjoyView attachment 5170View attachment 5174View attachment 5172View attachment 5173

That last pic is definitely close! This pics all have that liquid metal vibe, which I was hoping Nimbus would have. Under factory light, it didn’t quite have it. Maybe in sunlight it’ll pop like this. My Nimbus is locked in, so I’m really hoping it looks good in the light and not too Toyota-Avalon-Champagne.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So interestingly I've noticed the forum compresses and brightens the pictures. I thought they looked a tad different from what I'd done.

Below is a link to the full resolution ones if any of you are losers like me wanting uncompressed files...