Message from Matt Windle regarding Emira delays

Honeywell

Reaction score
You might as well just get one those MR2 kit cars, they even come with Ferrari badges, and theyā€™re not Ā£60k šŸ˜‰

I had a very happy experience powder coating my GT86 in gold. It really made the thing a lot more special looking. I grew up in Wales in the Colin McRae era and always wanted a blue Subaru with gold wheels.

Though I am totally non-averse to spending a mere Ā£60k on something that most people will mistake for a Ferrari. Ferris Bueller was a big thing in my childhood. If you're going to give yourself a 50th birthday crisis present you may as well go all-in.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ahhh, Well I am number 38 in the queue for a base model i4 and I am very hopeful that Vivid Red will be available when I lock my spec.

I want that colour, Tan interior and nothing else. Then I am going to paint the wheels Ferrari gold.

Does anyone have any clue if how much extra a tan leather interior will be over a black Alcantara? I can't imagine its that much really as there's really not that much leather involved in a two seat car and the labour cost of stitching leather or alcantara is the same.

Also, which is the default brake calliper colour? I presume they are all painted?
You will probably find that they are both cost options and cloth is the Base option

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thatā€™s right, cloth/technical fabric is the base option. Reading across from Evora pricing Iā€™d expect leather or alcantara to be Ā£2500-3500.

Base caliper colour is black with silver lettering.

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yup as we are direct we got it instantly.
No doubt (or you would hope) Distributors also got it at the same time or in advance and will plan to send to all of their customers in due course today
You got it direct from lotus uk? On my phone at least I donā€™t have any email from lotus today. Could be in spam but I doubt it so comms still isnā€™t great and yes Iā€™m July delivery ā€¦.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Reading between the lines, I'm betting my late 2022 delivery has now become 1Q2023. Also my guess is the 2-year waitlist has stretched into 2025 deliveries by now - I wouldn't hold out much hope for any kind of future "higher spec" Emira once they start running Type 135's down the production line. And I predict the $94k FE will, in retrospect, look like an absolute steal once the pricing is revised.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I said it before and I'll say it again.. I'm betting US customers won't see cars until early 2023. By then we'll probably have a sportier version annouced (and I'll be
Reading between the lines, I'm betting my late 2022 delivery has now become 1Q2023. Also my guess is the 2-year waitlist has stretched into 2025 deliveries by now - I wouldn't hold out much hope for any kind of future "higher spec" Emira once they start running Type 135's down the production line. And I predict the $94k FE will, in retrospect, look like an absolute steal once the pricing is revised.

Yeah, I'm scheduled for a November US delivery. I never actually thought it'd be here this year though. I'm fine waiting through winter and will accept a March-April delivery just in time for spring.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Even at 1,000 deposits for $2,500, that $2.5m is earning enough in interest to put together better communication than this.

Betting there is a capital use plan somewhere and that is paying for some of the increases.

Itā€™s not like the Emira is a loss-leader for Lotus. The vehicle will make their company money or it wouldnā€™t be built.

If this is the start to better communication - great!

If itā€™s a one-hit-wonder then imagine when something important is neededā€¦ Like a recall scenarioā€¦

#ForTheUhOh

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
You got it direct from lotus uk? On my phone at least I donā€™t have any email from lotus today. Could be in spam but I doubt it so comms still isnā€™t great and yes Iā€™m July delivery ā€¦.
Yup direct

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
well thats weird... OR IS IT.....
it could be that I am viewed as so important that they wont push me back at all, in fact they will bring me forward and probably get a call at about 7.30 am tomorrow.. haha
Anyone else with July delivery got the email??

Maybe they are going in batches....
Im not too worried, a few weeks here or there.... I'd gladly change my spec to get the car also, really not too fussed at this stage, all colours look great, all interiors look nice and all wheels, apart from silver which look tacky hahah.. sorry silver wheel people, look great. Even the wheel gap at 1.5 inches looks A Ok to me...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Is there any indication on how delayed the first deliveries are?

#clearasmud
no, not in the video at least. A few weeks are mentioned, but its far from a limiting statement. Does seem strange at the same time that they also have a single customer car finished, was that Matt's fathers car?? haha.
If thats the only update this week, then I think we now wait through next week to see if ANYONE gets a call and if they dont, then we are getting close to NO real substantial July deliveries..... BUT i think there will be some :).

hope that helps.. i always like to clarify where there is no clarity with a bit of muddy water thrown in to the crystal clear vase

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
well thats weird... OR IS IT.....
it could be that I am viewed as so important that they wont push me back at all, in fact they will bring me forward and probably get a call at about 7.30 am tomorrow.. haha
Anyone else with July delivery got the email??

Maybe they are going in batches....
Im not too worried, a few weeks here or there.... I'd gladly change my spec to get the car also, really not too fussed at this stage, all colours look great, all interiors look nice and all wheels, apart from silver which look tacky hahah.. sorry silver wheel people, look great. Even the wheel gap at 1.5 inches looks A Ok to me...
Yes Iā€™m July and received mail at 10.43 this morning

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Was this leaked? It sounds like it was meant to be a targeted video but as a valued depositor I have nothing in my email. Nothing. Not one note.

Lotus has our emails. They know which customers are prior owners.

If not for this forum I wouldnā€™t have seen this. Lotus marketing whipped up a video, put together a decent message, and then fumbled on the 1ā€¦

99 yards. No points. Do better Lotus.

#ForTheValuedCustomer
Ditto to your post. No email about anything
Sucks that he say all customers have been sent his message.
Maybe the USA is not that important to Lotus
Probably he did the video to shut everyone up šŸ¤

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Even at 1,000 deposits for $2,500, that $2.5m is earning enough in interest to put together better communication than this.

Betting there is a capital use plan somewhere and that is paying for some of the increases.

Itā€™s not like the Emira is a loss-leader for Lotus. The vehicle will make their company money or it wouldnā€™t be built.

If this is the start to better communication - great!

If itā€™s a one-hit-wonder then imagine when something important is neededā€¦ Like a recall scenarioā€¦

#ForTheUhOh
I seriously do not believe right now that this is start to communication
Hope Iā€™m wrong

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had a very happy experience powder coating my GT86 in gold. It really made the thing a lot more special looking. I grew up in Wales in the Colin McRae era and always wanted a blue Subaru with gold wheels.

Though I am totally non-averse to spending a mere Ā£60k on something that most people will mistake for a Ferrari. Ferris Bueller was a big thing in my childhood. If you're going to give yourself a 50th birthday crisis present you may as well go all-in.
Gold GT86 is a strong look! I like your style, big Ferris Bueller fan too šŸ‘ As my wife says, if buying ridiculous cars is a sign of a mid-life crisis Iā€™ve been having one for 35 years!

Honeywell

Reaction score
Gold GT86 is a strong look! I like your style, big Ferris Bueller fan too šŸ‘ As my wife says, if buying ridiculous cars is a sign of a mid-life crisis Iā€™ve been having one for 35 years!

Attachments

• EB3CF316-5B87-4284-B335-B11F78BF91C3.jpeg
    EB3CF316-5B87-4284-B335-B11F78BF91C3.jpeg
    457.3 KB · Views: 32
OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ditto to your post. No email about anything
Sucks that he say all customers have been sent his message.
Maybe the USA is not that important to Lotus
Probably he did the video to shut everyone up šŸ¤
I'd have a word with Lotus USA... If they haven't had the memo then it really is bad

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts