Message from Matt Windle regarding Emira delays

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What is this car?

The front wheels are orange and the colour does not look like Magma to me but more like Ardent Red....?
Vivid Red, one of the base model colors. I saw this one on the factory floor when I was there and it is VERY Ferrari. Not as complex a color as Magma, but absolutely attention-grabbing. My eye kept being pulled to it. It has the same punchy luminosity as Seneca / Hethel Yellow. Appears a bit muted on that video.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just thinking what the potential delays could be on the various different combinations on the Emira

With the I4 out of the equation for now I see the following in order .....

1. Early depositors cars ? We know from recent feedback that they are not ready for full production yet.
2. V6 Auto Box? We haven't even seen auto box yet.
3. Wheels? keeping hearing about potential delays all over the industry on this one.
4. Seats ? We have all seen saggy pictures of the leather is this an issue or simply supply.

There is a whole host of other potential parts that im not even going to into.

Sorry guys just trying to keep this thread going lol.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
WE had the email this morning in the UK.
Yup as we are direct we got it instantly.
No doubt (or you would hope) Distributors also got it at the same time or in advance and will plan to send to all of their customers in due course today

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What I heard on the grapevine is that there are delivery delays for Aisin IPS/Auto transmissions out of Japan. Probably lots of little things being delayed from all over.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing - still no email received here in the US. I'm really glad Matt and Lotus decided to make and publish this video as it's a huge step in the right direction.

I wonder which parts are delayed - If it's wheels, I'll gladly change my spec!

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lol yearh I was actually eeeee that’s MY car peeps 🚗 but mine has black wheels and I wish I’d ordered Magma now boo hoo 👻 us Women change our minds depending what day of week it is and if the sun 🌞 is shining or not lol 😝
Have no fear nearly switched from Magma to Nimbus (saw them both on the tour) it looked soooo good!! You wont be disappointed.;):)

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Good comms. I suspect we will see customer cars late July/August more likely.

Clearly trying their best. Can’t fault any of that.

And huge kudos to Lotus for sticking to the price given the 10% inflation we are seeing! That’s a massive gesture on the part of Lotus, I think.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sticking to the price because they are not sticking to their delivery schedule.
I think they are sticking with a lower profit margin to gain brand kudos and market share with their EV line up in the future. The Emira is like the gateway drug to get us hooked on Lotus…. Now and for the future…. Bet it will pay off for Lotus and Geely.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes that too. Also much bigger margin in the toyota drive train and they have sold miles more of them than they originally thought so they can use that to offset the cost and absorbe some of the inflation manufacturers cost.

PhilCP

Reaction score
Its a shame comms are only forthcoming to ready us for more delays.

I’ve had an email from customer care that suggests they were gearing up to finalise orders with customers for July delivery. However they were not given the go ahead. Instead customers are to be contacted to “confirm the status of their proposed delivery month”

I think Matt’s video has been carefully timed to prepare us for more delays.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Relieved to see Matt got my message and has delayed first customer cars until after I'm back from my summer holiday :)

More seriously, this is the update to all deposit holders I was told about last week and will be rolled out to each region by each local Lotus subsidiary and/or dealers.

Last week I was also told I'd be contacted this or next week about my individual order - so that's the individual comms they're referring to. I'm in the first 50 and was told all the July batch people would be contacted over the (from last week) coming 3 weeks. It'll obviously take a bit longer to get to the folks who were Aug/Sept.

Good to finally see some proper comms, even if at the 11th hour and possibly timed to avoid awkward questions from deposit holders at Goodwood next week.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
All it ever needed with some teaser videos and posts emailed directly to deposit holder and then shared on Social a few days later...
To be fair to Lotus, did receive said email around 10:45 hrs today.

This is a good start, and I hope we will continue to receive updates in a timely manner. (y)

Last edited:
OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
To be fair to Lotus, did receive said email around 10:45 hrs today.

This is a good start, and I hope we will continue receive updates in a timely manner. (y)
Yup, we will see in time if it is a one off to keep deposit holders, or if it is truly the start of something better.
I truly hope it is the latter as this stuff really isn't hard ☹️

Honeywell

Reaction score
Vivid Red, one of the base model colors. I saw this one on the factory floor when I was there and it is VERY Ferrari. Not as complex a color as Magma, but absolutely attention-grabbing. My eye kept being pulled to it. It has the same punchy luminosity as Seneca / Hethel Yellow. Appears a bit muted on that video.
Ahhh, Well I am number 38 in the queue for a base model i4 and I am very hopeful that Vivid Red will be available when I lock my spec.

I want that colour, Tan interior and nothing else. Then I am going to paint the wheels Ferrari gold.

Does anyone have any clue if how much extra a tan leather interior will be over a black Alcantara? I can't imagine its that much really as there's really not that much leather involved in a two seat car and the labour cost of stitching leather or alcantara is the same.

Also, which is the default brake calliper colour? I presume they are all painted?

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ahhh, Well I am number 38 in the queue for a base model i4 and I am very hopeful that Vivid Red will be available when I lock my spec.

I want that colour, Tan interior and nothing else. Then I am going to paint the wheels Ferrari gold.

Does anyone have any clue if how much extra a tan leather interior will be over a black Alcantara? I can't imagine its that much really as there's really not that much leather involved in a two seat car and the labour cost of stitching leather or alcantara is the same.

Also, which is the default brake calliper colour? I presume they are all painted?
You might as well just get one those MR2 kit cars, they even come with Ferrari badges, and they’re not £60k 😉

Honeywell

Reaction score
I do wonder if they will be able to stick to the £59,995 base price by time of delivery next year. With inflation at 9% it seems a stretch that deposit holders (me) who placed their £2000 on the table a year ago can expect no change in price given we have already seen a year of high inflation.

With other car prices going up quite a lot the Emira at £60k looks like ever more an absolute steal. A VW Golf R is £42k...