Message from Matt Windle regarding Emira delays

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks for this LOTUS any communication is welcome, this does concern me a bit tho as in are they preparing us for another delay.
It certainly sounds like some cars with specific options will be delayed and we will be told on a case by case basis.
So await the call... šŸ“ž šŸ“²

Reactions: DJS

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, that does my July/August delivery date as my car is fully loaded......bet the garage opener delays build to 2023.......ahhhhhh

Good video by Lotus. I wouldn't underestimate the logistical issues and that they are ever-changing. A bit of a planning nightmare for sure. Patience and understanding are needed.....time to chill.

Honeywell

Reaction score
What is this car?

The front wheels are orange and the colour does not look like Magma to me but more like Ardent Red....?

Attachments

• E4F958DB-B4D9-46F0-B116-2A2315C68EA5.png
    E4F958DB-B4D9-46F0-B116-2A2315C68EA5.png
    641.1 KB · Views: 44

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Car Magazine, Harryā€™s Garage, Carwow all got a mention in the videoā€¦ā€¦. Where are you EVO!? You have been disowned by Lotusā€¦ā€¦. Leave now and never come backā€¦. šŸ˜‚

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Basically what I've been saying:
Has anyone stopped to think Lotus isn't delaying to deliberately muck around undecidedly with fine adjustments or to piss us off for the sake of it? I understand the anger at Lotus but it might be out of their control and undeserved...

Everyone expected the advertised springtime announcement for Z06 pricing at April's National Corvette Museum Michelin Bash where big Corvette announcements are made annually. Every week or so I see articles saying price should be announced any day now. It still isn't. Reason being price relies on suppliers (and alternatives) who are on shortages. Even the Stingray will be built missing standard equipment (like rear reversing camera required by law) in customer deliveries.

If this is a general automotive supply chain issue not specific to Lotus, is it fair to bash Lotus? If they contractually can't disclose or hint at supplier issues to the public, should we blame their lack of communication? Not sure if that's a thing but I can see it being true for a smaller car company trying to establish strategic partnerships because beggars can't be choosers. I guess it could be fair to complain to Lotus for being in the automotive industry. Lotus could be stuck between a rock and a hard place and to address the complaints (if Lotus chooses to), your complaints can only drive them to the one option left: close shop.

So how can they be productive when supplier and alternative supplier delays and restricted PR on supplier behalves are outside their control? Put their heads down and tweak what they can on the car. That's the "excuse" they give but could genuinely be their best and only option at this time. In contrast, GM has been silent on their reasons but the C8 community seems big and keen enough to have figured [or found a leak on] this out.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I guess I need to wait for the call to say IF my car is delayed. What is delaying it (if they are forthcoming with that info) and is there an alternative update to my spec that will mean earlier delivery. That seems like a possible logistical nightmare either way though.
I'd also like to know whether early FE deposit holders can roll deposits over to Base cars and whether the Base prices are guaranteed also and when options prices will become available. A June car arriving in August may as well be registered September and then it's only 8 weeks driving before possibly being SORN for 6 months. So the option of a Base car to my spec (ie remove some weight) for delivery Spring 2023 is beginning to look more appealing. But then we don't know if there will be future delays again... That Boxster Spyder is winking at me again šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‚
You seen one?

Mickle

Reaction score
What is this car?

The front wheels are orange and the colour does not look like Magma to me but more like Ardent Red....?
A lot of the B-roll footage I recognised from older videos, so that's likely a pre-prod car in Ardent Red yes.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Canā€™t help feeling a little sorry for Matt. What a difficult time to be the boss. Appreciated the update and doesnā€™t bother me if my car is delayed so Iā€™ll take it when itā€™s ready. Iā€™d rather it had everything on it than for some parts to be removed like some manufacturers have been doing.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This video confirms what I have thought for some time. Matt was totally focused on getting cars finished and in production, and didn't want to say anything until then. Yes they've had a lot of issues outside of their control that have affected things, but I suspect he didn't want to get caught in the 'talk is cheap' accusation. He wanted to show us "We're in production" and that's where we're at. Interesting that the first final spec production car was built on June 10th, 3 days after the embargo lifted. He probably looked at this forum, as well as reading/watching the early reviews and decided to make this video.

I'm glad he said every customer would be contacted individually with regards to their order and build status, no matter where they are around the world. Once this starts happening, most likely with U.K. customers, hopefully we'll find out what individual items are the ones that could delay our orders. I hope it isn't Dark Verdant paint, which is why we haven't seen hardly any photos of cars in that color. We're seeing quite a few yellow, magma, blue and Nimbus now so those colors seem okay.

I hope this means we'll see final production spec cars at Goodwood! Those of you going, take lots of pictures, especially of the interior (seats come to mind), and fit and finish of various body panels; especially the join behind the rear wheels.

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, it's good to see, but if I hadn't been on this board I'd have been none the wiser, why wasn't it emailed out? Again do the right thing on one hand and then point the gun at their feet!

Unless it was and I've missed it somehow......
I received an email earlier this morning?

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
You seen one?
I see them all the time lol. Fortunately/unfortunately there aren't that many and to find my dream spec is difficult. If one comes up it will be a difficult decision

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Canā€™t help feeling a little sorry for Matt. What a difficult time to be the boss. Appreciated the update and doesnā€™t bother me if my car is delayed so Iā€™ll take it when itā€™s ready. Iā€™d rather it had everything on it than for some parts to be removed like some manufacturers have been doing.
I think we are all very understanding on here and have been since day one.
Our disappointment has always been with the incredibly poor communication and mixed messaging, especially to deposit holders.
Let's hope this is a turning point and not just a place holder....
It's all a little too late for us early adopters, but is critical to the Lotus customer journey going forwards

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nice to hear theyā€™re committed to stated price. This will make the Emira a pretty decent deal especially considering all the auto mfg are increasing or considering price increases.

Iā€™m guessing IPS and wheels are causing large delays, and various other things common in all cars are causing smaller delays.

Iā€™ll gladly wait, Lotus can work on improving their comms and perfecting first cars and tooling in the mean time.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am also wishing that I had stuck with Magma. Dark verdant will probably not be flashy enough šŸ˜‚

I am going through this right now. Even though I am in the BASE camp I am wondering if I do want a flashy car and not DV. Yellow? Blue? Then I just settle on getting the most outlandish set of second wheels for DV and thats that.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Regards delays. Posted in another thread by @EM33RA šŸ†
Thought it needed 'pinning' in it's own thread

Was this leaked? It sounds like it was meant to be a targeted video but as a valued depositor I have nothing in my email. Nothing. Not one note.

Lotus has our emails. They know which customers are prior owners.

If not for this forum I wouldnā€™t have seen this. Lotus marketing whipped up a video, put together a decent message, and then fumbled on the 1ā€¦

99 yards. No points. Do better Lotus.

#ForTheValuedCustomer

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Rob Borrett
Was this leaked? It sounds like it was meant to be a targeted video but as a valued depositor I have nothing in my email. Nothing. Not one note.

Lotus has our emails. They know which customers are prior owners.

If not for this forum I wouldnā€™t have seen this. Lotus marketing whipped up a video, put together a decent message, and then fumbled on the 1ā€¦

99 yards. No points. Do better Lotus.

#ForTheValuedCustomer
I suspect each region is sending this message out independently. e.g. Lotus Australia sent this to me and not Lotus UK. So there may be some slight comms delays between regions.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
@Rob Borrett

I suspect each region is sending this message out independently. e.g. Lotus Australia sent this to me and not Lotus UK. So there may be some slight comms delays between regions.
Youā€™re right. Lotus probably sent this to the US by carrier pigeonā€¦

June 10th or 10th June for our friends across the pondā€¦

Six days later I see this on here. The best place to get all my official news as a Lotus Valued Customer.

#ForTheDetectives