Message from Matt Windle regarding Emira delays

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Reading between the lines, I'm betting my late 2022 delivery has now become 1Q2023. Also my guess is the 2-year waitlist has stretched into 2025 deliveries by now - I wouldn't hold out much hope for any kind of future "higher spec" Emira once they start running Type 135's down the production line. And I predict the $94k FE will, in retrospect, look like an absolute steal once the pricing is revised.
Waitlist is 60-65 weeks, now delayed by 2-6 weeks. So not into 2025 yet.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Even at 1,000 deposits for $2,500, that $2.5m is earning enough in interest to put together better communication than this.

Betting there is a capital use plan somewhere and that is paying for some of the increases.

It’s not like the Emira is a loss-leader for Lotus. The vehicle will make their company money or it wouldn’t be built.

If this is the start to better communication - great!

If it’s a one-hit-wonder then imagine when something important is needed… Like a recall scenario…

#ForTheUhOh
How much interest do you think they are paying on the £100m investment in a new factory?

What kind of interest rate are you getting for cash on deposit?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
well thats weird... OR IS IT.....
it could be that I am viewed as so important that they wont push me back at all, in fact they will bring me forward and probably get a call at about 7.30 am tomorrow.. haha
Anyone else with July delivery got the email??

Maybe they are going in batches....
Im not too worried, a few weeks here or there.... I'd gladly change my spec to get the car also, really not too fussed at this stage, all colours look great, all interiors look nice and all wheels, apart from silver which look tacky hahah.. sorry silver wheel people, look great. Even the wheel gap at 1.5 inches looks A Ok to me...
Everyone in July batch should have got the email. Unless it’s gone to spam or your email address is recorded incorrectly at Lotus.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ditto to your post. No email about anything
Sucks that he say all customers have been sent his message.
Maybe the USA is not that important to Lotus
Probably he did the video to shut everyone up 🤐
Lotus Cars USA and US dealers are supposed to communicate to US deposit holders.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2-3 weeks best case, much longer for worst case. Auto gearbox seems to be the worst delay.
I am V6 auto with delivery originally in July, but changed in the last Lotus update to build in July delivery August. I was wondering if anyone has any info on the auto delay. I did read in another thread that one of the Lotus retailers drove an IPS on their briefing day, so they must have made at least one!
Does anyone know if the auto will be buttons (like the Evora) or a handle style selector?

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus Cars USA and US dealers are supposed to communicate to US deposit holders.
Well that explains it... neither of the aforementioned seems to put a priority on their customers with the exception of a well documented dealer or two.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that explains it... neither of the aforementioned seems to put a priority on their customers with the exception of a well documented dealer or two.

Seriously.. how hard is it for a dealer to compose and email with the video from Matt and send it to their Emira client list? :rolleyes:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Waitlist is 60-65 weeks, now delayed by 2-6 weeks. So not into 2025 yet.
I'd have a lot more confidence in their waitlist estimates once we see 25 cars/day rolling off the line for a solid week.

Edit: I also had to laugh at Windle's turn of phrase about "kicking down hurdles every day". If I remember right, the idea is to leap the hurdles without kicking them... :p

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd have a lot more confidence in their waitlist estimates once we see 25 cars/day rolling off the line for a solid week.

Yep.. instead of the single Nimbus grey customer car. And we didn't even get a good look at the finalized production spec ride height or seats!

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What do you know about silver wheels...... 😅
Oh no! Don't say that, I've got silver wheels in my spec along with the auto box. Next you be telling me that the unobtainium that they use to make privacy glass is on back order:ROFLMAO:

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh no! Don't say that, I've got silver wheels in my spec along with the auto box. Next you be telling me that the unobtainium that they use to make privacy glass is on back order:ROFLMAO:
Hate to break it to you, but John in Chinese means "untrustworthy one" so Geely have put you back by another 6 months......