Message from Matt Windle regarding Emira delays

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am V6 auto with delivery originally in July, but changed in the last Lotus update to build in July delivery August. I was wondering if anyone has any info on the auto delay. I did read in another thread that one of the Lotus retailers drove an IPS on their briefing day, so they must have made at least one!
Does anyone know if the auto will be buttons (like the Evora) or a handle style selector?
It’s on a selector stick and paddles like the i4.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nothing specific yet, just that it’s one of the worst-affected items.

Hopefully more information tomorrow or next week.
Bollox - i was told I was July. unless affected by supply of parts.

I bought a little honda moped via an importer in december last year. got it in May i think but that was the last batch for a while as Honda had run out of....bits 🤷‍♂️

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I got the email today, followed up and was told still on for July Handover
i didnt get the email and have followed up anyway, will see what they say tomorrow, but I really still think the CS we speak to simply dont know anything and dont get told much more than we do haha, I wonder if they even know this email has gone out... hahh

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh no! Don't say that, I've got silver wheels in my spec along with the auto box. Next you be telling me that the unobtainium that they use to make privacy glass is on back order:ROFLMAO:

I ordered full silver as well, but at least the Nimbus customer car behind Matt had them! Hopefully that wasn't the only set (though it's the only we've seen)!

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I ordered full silver as well, but at least the Nimbus customer car behind Matt had them! Hopefully that wasn't the only set (though it's the only we've seen)!
It may not even be a full set on that car, we only saw one side - could have had those strange orange/red wheels (2:48 on the video) on the other side!:ROFLMAO:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just a thought - But with markets taking a blow every week, the talk of a significant recession looming, the not 5/5 Emira reviews (Evo etc.), coupled with now additional delays - Do we think that perhaps lotus is noticing a significant/unusal drop in;

1. New Emira deposits after reviews (generally good reviews would bring more deposits - (Evo and Car told them to go buy a Porsche instead lol)
2. People not willing to wait requesting deposit back
3. People worried about spending on a sports car in this environment / increase in interest rates and requesting deposit back

I am happy that they came out and addressed the parts shortage will give add additional time. Almost expected. But it just seems the perfect storm is brewing. I know the longer we wait for our cars the more time you have to go online and perhaps purchase something else. Just a thought.

Lotus strikes me as more of a reactive than proactive at this point. But honestly I could be completely wrong.

As for me......

JO4GWW.gif

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just a thought - But with markets taking a blow every week, the talk of a significant recession looming, the not 5/5 Emira reviews (Evo etc.), coupled with now additional delays - Do we think that perhaps lotus is noticing a significant/unusal drop in;

1. New Emira deposits after reviews (generally good reviews would bring more deposits - (Evo and Car told them to go buy a Porsche instead lol)
2. People not willing to wait requesting deposit back
3. People worried about spending on a sports car in this environment / increase in interest rates and requesting deposit back

I am happy that they came out and addressed the parts shortage will give add additional time. Almost expected. But it just seems the perfect storm is brewing. I know the longer we wait for our cars the more time you have to go online and perhaps purchase something else. Just a thought.

Lotus strikes me as more of a reactive than proactive at this point. But honestly I could be completely wrong.

As for me......
i'm hanging in there, but let's just say many Emira's down in funds since I placed a deposit and it's getting ugly out there with recent central bank rate hikes...can easily believe there'll be less interest and depositors dropping out as a result

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
...it's getting ugly out there with recent central bank rate hikes...

Definitely feeling this, at some point it may make more sense for me to finance this in cash.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely feeling this, at some point it may make more sense for me to finance this in cash.

I mean.. it always makes more sense to finance if you can make your other money work for you.

My father worked at Lexus for 20+ years and I remember him telling me about one of his clients who brought in around $2m/mo. He financed his new car purchases.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
This year, the cash I set aside for the Emira, gaining 0%, has been the best return in my portfolio! :p

Sad, but so true. I threw a grip into the S&P last year figuring it'd be a safe and smart way to at least cover the taxes when delivery time came. Nope.. in the red, as is 90% of everything else.

Last edited:

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So…. If you’re not scheduled for a FE, is there price protection? I put down my deposit in dec 2022 and live in the US. im going for a base v6 m6.

Base pricing hasn’t been communicated so I guess my price can skyrocket. Ugh.

Mangoose

Reaction score
So…. If you’re not scheduled for a FE, is there price protection? I put down my deposit in dec 2022 and live in the US. im going for a base v6 m6.

I'm in the same situation. My dealer indicated that it's not protected, which makes sense considering that the base price has not officially been announced as you said. On one hand, you have inflation and supply chain issues pushing the price upwards. But the capital markets and prospect of a recession will likely reduce demand as well, so Lotus (and other luxury brands) may face challenges if they elect to increase prices too aggressively.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Base price was announced long time ago, but not with options/packages.