Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

MaybeNeedEmira

Reaction score
Oh yes .. big time Magma fan.
Late deposit for a USA I4, so plenty of time to see real cars.
Ice leather or Alcantara with red stiching.
Will be interesting when the base interior spec. rolls out.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Go Magma Red, I was torn between the nimbus grey & magma red chose the magma because I already have a GT silver Porsche… Always wanted a red Ferrari 308 so this is my Red Ferrari without the Ferrari problems 🥰.
Got silver wheels and tan interior. No black pack I want to enjoy the lines of the design…
PS I think 💭 that most individuals that want Magma Red have their minds made up the want RED.. They just are looking for confirmation that it is red no maroon..
Go Magma Red!!!!
I am wondering 💭 if I should have order the Ice grey leather?
What are you getting?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ditto. The only thing that might draw me away from Magma Red is Vivid Red (since I'm on the "base" train). :)
The Vivid Red will be a solid colour like Hethel Yellow.

Currently deep reds are in vogue. Saw one on a new McLaren recently with the equivalent of a black pack and it looked amazing! Rich metallic too.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Vivid Red will be a solid colour like Hethel Yellow.

Currently deep reds are in vogue. Saw one on a new McLaren recently with the equivalent of a black pack and it looked amazing! Rich metallic too.
Understood. I’m torn right now - debating between two hypothetical colors, since I’ve seen neither in the flesh. I like both reds for different reasons. The metallic is very eye-catching (I’m constantly turning to look at Soul Red Mazdas in the sun) and certainly will be very flattering on the Emira’s curves, but bright, solid red is such a timeless, classic sports car color it’s hard to go wrong (the Italians figured that out a long time ago). Hopefully someday soon I will have the wonderful problem of choosing between the two!

FrenchBred

Reaction score
I'm down for Magma, all the FE colours are great but I wanted to choose one that allows the curves to pop.
I'm very nervous about getting ferrari wannabe trash talk though.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was hesitant for a while, but ordered Seneca in the end... Ordered a Red GR Corolla, so didn't want 2 red cars... That's pretty much what tipped the scale
Seems a reasonable call why you're not going for Magma, I viewed the Seneca colour sample at the dealership again yesterday, it is always deeper and richer in the flesh than it appears in photos, really quite special.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Seems a reasonable call why you're not going for Magma, I viewed the Seneca colour sample at the dealership again yesterday, it is always deeper and richer in the flesh than it appears in photos, really quite special.
There are those, Doug M. huge US youtuber, who say go with the release/marketing colour, people always want it. Certainly applies to the ariel orange nomad for example.
I ordered UK blue car and spanish red car.... I know what the blue kind of looks like, so many vids and pics, but the red is a slight mystery. I have a sneaky suspicion I will regret selling the blue car, but well, the red is hardly going to be disappointing either.....

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
There are those, Doug M. huge US youtuber, who say go with the release/marketing colour, people always want it. Certainly applies to the ariel orange nomad for example.
I ordered UK blue car and spanish red car.... I know what the blue kind of looks like, so many vids and pics, but the red is a slight mystery. I have a sneaky suspicion I will regret selling the blue car, but well, the red is hardly going to be disappointing either.....
Agree, the release colour is a safe bet, the whole release spec is even safer - it's the selection of the expert team who designed the car, so if anyone is unsure about their own ability to create a great looking, cohesive spec you could do a lot worse than go for the expert selection.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I guess that was at Parks? Absolutely stunning Racing Green Exige 410 they have in the showroom. It has future classic written all over it.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I guess that was at Parks? Absolutely stunning Racing Green Exige 410 they have in the showroom. It has future classic written all over it.
Yes, and yes! It was a real beauty. I'll be posting more info on Seneca shortly based on some colour matching work I did for the Seneca painting - that colour does weird stuff in photos - it very rarely reproduces close to the real thing.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, and yes! It was a real beauty. I'll be posting more info on Seneca shortly based on some colour matching work I did for the Seneca painting - that colour does weird stuff in photos - it very rarely reproduces close to the real thing.
If that Racing Green had been available for the Emira I think it would have been very popular. I'll be interested in your Seneca info. I thought colour sample was surprisingly close to Daytona on the Elise Cup in the showroom, but the photos I took of it look nothing like what my eyes were telling me. Weird indeed!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If that Racing Green had been available for the Emira I think it would have been very popular. I'll be interested in your Seneca info. I thought colour sample was surprisingly close to Daytona on the Elise Cup in the showroom, but the photos I took of it look nothing like what my eyes were telling me. Weird indeed!
Many cameras are overwhelmed by the intense blue of Seneca (and similar colours like Daytona or Shark Blue). Typical side effect is making it look over exposed (baby or powder blue).

Seneca and Daytona blue are very similar. I would say Seneca is slightly darker in the shade. In the sun it is slightly brighter than Daytona given Seneca is metallic and has a silver fleck that brightens it up. So it definitely has more "travel" between dark and light than Daytona and shows off the curves better.

In short, if you liked Daytona you will love Seneca!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm down for Magma, all the FE colours are great but I wanted to choose one that allows the curves to pop.
I'm very nervous about getting ferrari wannabe trash talk though.
Just buy the color that calls to you the most, if that color code is “I can’t afford a Ferrari-red” then so be it. Don’t worry this car will receive plenty of other trash talk.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Were you able to place your order for the GR Corolla already? I have a deposit in, but not able to order yet. Dealer will not know allocation numbers until later this year.
I've updated my desired config at the dealer after reveal, I got my deposit locked in since last August and I'm first in line in one of the biggest dealer in the province.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m definitely in the Magma camp, the magma facts have been announced (Wikipedia I think) that they’re 7-9MPH faster than the other colours and I’ve heard that they have 27BHP extra too - winning combo

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
emira-magma-red-lotus-driving-academy.jpeg