• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Driver seat issue

Gonna check mine tonight and prob do this anyway. Did you have to put any adhesive inside the C channel seal to make it look that nice? Wonder if there is a similar trim panel and issue on the inside of the seats on the center console side.
No adhesive - just push onto the edge. I wiped with tyre shine before fitting to clean up the surface. I used adhesive on a previous job and it made a bit of a mess.

Don’t know about the centre console side. As it’s not visible I figured leave it alone!

I did check mine. They are black leather/alcantara with about 650miles. There is slight marring (can barely see or photo). I can see how this is an issue with non black leather though. I'm going to do the seal thing just to prevent any actual damage over time. Also checked the inside of the seats (towards center) and there is not a panel there. Not really a concern anyway.
Was surprised to see the passenger side had as well as my wife is tiny...but Ive (not tiny) sat over there looking at things a few times.

I did check mine. They are black leather/alcantara with about 650miles. There is slight marring (can barely see or photo). I can see how this is an issue with non black leather though. I'm going to do the seal thing just to prevent any actual damage over time. Also checked the inside of the seats (towards center) and there is not a panel there. Not really a concern anyway.
Was surprised to see the passenger side had as well as my wife is tiny...but Ive (not tiny) sat over there looking at things a few times.
The rubber I found I think it’s a little bigger . Trying to find something similar on us amazon but no luck . If someone will find something please post it

Hmm... I think the weather stripping will do a better job as it will made that edge broader. Based on the pics it looks like a design / materials flaw. Even the poster that said they have no issues, has faint crease lines. I think many modern cars actually use synthetic leather on the sides and back of the seats for these durability kind of issues.
Agreed! I just checked, and I see the start of the same issue…I’m going to get black car door edge trim.

IMG_9121.png

I did mine with the stuff I linked to a few posts up. It was very floppy and thin rubber. Not confident its going to work and stay in place with a few sits and exits.
Something more rigid prob work better (like Trackday14s ),

I did mine with the stuff I linked to a few posts up. It was very floppy and thin rubber. Not confident its going to work and stay in place with a few sits and exits.
Something more rigid prob work better (like Trackday14s ),
Amazon product

I bought this one and it’s perfect . But I still hoping lotus will replace my seat . The cracked material just came off when I was wiping and this looks terrible now .

While we can't see the inboard side of the seat I'll trim that too. I don't want the seat finisher cutting all the way through the leather.

Are the others adding in this rubber stripping doing so as a proactive measure or are you already witnessing evidence of the same issue?

I'm going to add it proactively until I hear that Lotus is actually dealing with it.

Here is the edge protector I sent a link . Fits perfectly.

Update from dealership : lotus going to replace my seat for new one . I found photos from the dealership when I bought car new and this seat was cracked already from the factory . Material just came off when I wiped the “leather “ I would call this plastic not real leather .

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpeg
    IMG_0212.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 98