• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Did you order the red car in Bilbao or Barcelona ? What did they tell you about estimate delivery?
bilbao.. they have no more info than you have... ie potentially starting to build in september, but that probably depends on UK starting to build in June, which we will see over the next 20 days or so.....

will message you in private

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Oh man, I think I'm back in love. 💕 My original spec (minus BP). Think I will skip the BP if I go Magma. Had black calipers spec'd as well. Just need to get black letters & exhaust tips.
Even I'm starting to reconsider my spec now after seeing these shots, and I've been Hethel Yellow since day one. 😄

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
ive got the same.... calipers should stand out..why not! nothing will detract from the emira shape... apart from a better looking car and I cant think of many off the top of my head.
Agreed, I'm getting a little bored with red brakes and went with yellow. Think it'll look great in person. You can get an idea looking at red 488 pistas with black wheels on youtube - think the yellow looks stellar without looking like a McDonalds special.

Even I'm starting to reconsider my spec now after seeing these shots, and I've been Hethel Yellow since day one. 😄
Magma is the only way ;)

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
ive got the same.... calipers should stand out..why not! nothing will detract from the emira shape... apart from a better looking car and I cant think of many off the top of my head.
Everything is personal taste, purple callipers are fine if they float your boat 🚤

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
1652900501592.png

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I went Magma / tan / yellow calipers / silver wheels - I'm considering getting the wheels refinished in bronze and figured it'd be easier starting from silver than black.
HighresScreenshot00089.jpg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I went Magma / tan / yellow calipers / silver wheels - I'm considering getting the wheels refinished in bronze and figured it'd be easier starting from silver than black.
View attachment 5724
I'm getting DV with silver wheels and yellow calipers, and I've experimented with gold all the way to full bronze wheels, and those color tones just don't work against a yellow caliper. At least not as a full wheel color. Maybe a gold or bronze rim with black spokes might work? Just a thought.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is definitely more accurate colour representation. 👍🏼

Agreed. This is the best photo we have of Magma to date (the Twitter photo, not the one pasted into the forum message). Finally! And I’m so glad to see it’s absolutely beautiful.

Edit: anyone else notice that the FE badge looks perfectly aligned here? I guess the black pack must mess up the visual alignment.

Last edited:

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Agree, the release colour is a safe bet, the whole release spec is even safer - it's the selection of the expert team who designed the car, so if anyone is unsure about their own ability to create a great looking, cohesive spec you could do a lot worse than go for the expert selection.
Wow your going with safe bet, go with your hart… No one drops 100k and Settles… Get exactly what you want and
Forget what others say, it’s a waste of valuable time & effort.
I try never to share my plans with anyone.. Just show up after it’s done.

FYI most people who criticize do so out of envy & spite. They could not and did not.
Magma Red!!!

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I figure if one journalist drove the car today, multiple probably did and just searched twitter for Emira.
Was there today for factory tour, absolutely fantastic, saw the Magma Red car, grey leather with the photographers surrounding it, beyond description! Have changed build to this from Seneca, although that still looked amazing!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was there today for factory tour, absolutely fantastic, saw the Magma Red car, grey leather with the photographers surrounding it, beyond description! Have changed build to this from Seneca, although that still looked amazing!
Photographers?

Does that mean actual factory car pictures are coming soon? 🤔

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow your going with safe bet, go with your hart… No one drops 100k and Settles… Get exactly what you want and

FYI most people who criticize do so out of envy & spite. They could not and did not.
Magma Red!!!

Magma Red!!!
IMG_3987.jpg

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Photographers?

Does that mean actual factory car pictures are coming soon? 🤔
Not too sure, think it was for the motoring mags etc. Gaps do look a little wide between arches and tyre, seats still not sorted 100%, should we be worried........ No way, this car puts others twice the price in the shade! When I spoke to Gavin, he said the car is till not finished and will be better, OMG!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not too sure, think it was for the motoring mags etc. Gaps do look a little wide between arches and tyre, seats still not sorted 100%, should we be worried........ No way, this car puts others twice the price in the shade! When I spoke to Gavin, he said the car is till not finished and will be better, OMG!
What do you mean by the seats still not being sorted? Are they still changing the seat foam or height?

This is really cutting it fine! Sounds to me like a bunch of engineers who can’t stop tinkering!