Lotus 3rd Phone Call

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not seen any new post of people saying they have delivery date/month on any forum this week yet, clearly not all depositer are on group/forums but ?????
I've seen a few messages from people with 12 July onwards deposits who had contacted Lotus Customer Care end last week to ask about dates. They'd been told LCC had reached the end of the active list they were working from (deposits to 11 July for deliveries up to Sept) and they were now waiting for the next list from Lotus HQ.

Lotus may now have scheduled far enough ahead by going out to Sept, so next round of calls may not be for a few weeks. We had a two week gap in calls in early Jan.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not seen any new post of people saying they have delivery date/month on any forum this week yet, clearly not all depositer are on group/forums but ?????
Yeah and also haven’t seen any on Facebook. My deposit was 11th so waiting 🤞

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've seen people with 11th morning deposits in the Sept batch so you might get Sept or could be Oct. You might get lucky and pick up a cancellation and jump into June :)

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There have been ongoing issues with the conversion of dealer deposits into central Lotus deposits and the correct recording of original deposit date. Scott asked all the dealers to provide the necessary info to HQ but some didn't, either failing to notify about individual customers or providing no dates or wrong ones. Plus Lotus then entered some of the data incorrectly.

I was one of the affected people and had numerous calls and emails with my dealer, Scott and Lotus Customer Services until it finally got sorted in December. I was being assured all the way through that my original date would be honoured, which was good. I was still hearing about other people being affected in late January.

Anyone in the UK who placed a dealer deposit and had it converted across should have a clear message from Lotus about what deposit date they hold. V6 FE people can also do a rough check of the delivery month they've been told against what others have been saying about batches (up to mid 8 July = June, 11 July = Sept etc). Lotus have so far called people up to part way through 11 July, for Sept delivery.

If you did a dealer deposit and you're not getting a V6 FE, I'd suggest double-checking with LCC now. Original deposit date affects when in the sequence you get called and what i4 build slot you get.
Got the email confirmation just now I'm due an August delivery. Place on 9th July around 5.00pm

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I contacted lotus today using the chat facility on the website. Spoke to a real person within a minute or so.

My 1st deposit was 23rd July, 2nd paid in early November.

I was informed that while they couldn’t give me an estimate as I was not in the first batch (which I had established after reading this forum topic), based on my deposit date, it would likely be 2023 before I saw my 1st edition V6. This was not what I was hoping for based on earlier comments.

I was also informed any cancellations of the same spec would be offered to those highest in the queue whose config matches that spec - quite rightly I agree.

So overall, bad news as the wait is a lot longer than the initial “spring 2022” and somewhat longer than what I thought was a realistic October ‘22 delivery.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I contacted lotus today using the chat facility on the website. Spoke to a real person within a minute or so.

I was informed that while they couldn’t give me an estimate as I was not in the first batch (which I had established after reading this forum topic), based on my deposit date, it would likely be 2023 before I saw my 1st edition V6. This was not what I was hoping for based on earlier comments.

I was also informed any cancellations of the same spec would be offered to those highest in the queue whose config matches that spec - quite rightly I agree.

So overall, bad news as the wait is a lot longer than the initial “spring 2022” and somewhat longer than what I thought was a realistic October ‘22 delivery.
I know I am going to get shot by Tom...... sorry Tom

I am guess the person did not ask you to wait whilst the checked ?

I would put more faith in something Boris said than Lotus Customer Confused service........ what they have told you goes counter what they have told me.... makes a joke of Tom's work

Sorry again..... Tom..... but some in that department need to look for a new job

Think its about time they sorted this out..... I been told end 2022 when i made my last payment...... much past that I be wanting my money back

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know I am going to get shot by Tom...... sorry Tom

I am guess the person did not ask you to wait whilst the checked ?

I would put more faith in something Boris said than Lotus Customer Confused service........ what they have told you goes counter what they have told me.... makes a joke of Tom's work

Sorry again..... Tom..... but some in that department need to look for a new job

Think its about time they sorted this out..... I been told end 2022 when i made my last payment...... much past that I be wanting my money back
I did think they could have just told me what batch I was expected to be in and then subject to “normal” output, it would be within a certain timeframe.

For example, batch 2 cars will be between X & Y dates, you are in batch 3 which are expected to be rolled out between A & B dates. I’m sure this information must be known internally.

For arguments sake, if 100 cars per week are made for the UK market and I’m line 1500 on their database, we should be able to make reasonably clear calculations on when I might expect delivery. It does feel like something is being withheld.

My dilemma is I’ve been without a car since last summer, happy to wait til spring 22, but in recent months despite suspecting it may be as late as October 22, not wanting to get something in the interim just in case it’s brought forward and I end up losing thousands on a short term purchase.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I did think they could have just told me what batch I was expected to be in and then subject to “normal” output, it would be within a certain timeframe.

For example, batch 2 cars will be between X & Y dates, you are in batch 3 which are expected to be rolled out between A & B dates. I’m sure this information must be known internally.

For arguments sake, if 100 cars per week are made for the UK market and I’m line 1500 on their database, we should be able to make reasonably clear calculations on when I might expect delivery. It does feel like something is being withheld.

My dilemma is I’ve been without a car since last summer, happy to wait til spring 22, but in recent months despite suspecting it may be as late as October 22, not wanting to get something in the interim just in case it’s brought forward and I end up losing thousands on a short term purchase.
I’m in same boat I stupidly thought I’d be getting a car in Spring so I sold my car thinking I can last till then. I don’t yet have a delivery date so likely to be Sept / Oct so I’m gutted I will miss summer driving so I’ve been thinking of spending £42k ish on a golf R - but on the other hand don’t want to be losing loads on resell.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Am with you

Am driving around in a Red honda Jazz with 122000 on it, sold the nice new 840 so we did not loose more than we had to

I know its complex perhaps working out what and how many part to order........ but companys do it in a bigger scale than Lotus...... is it perhaps they have not had to work at this scale before...then get some one in that has. Volvo have.... ask them them for help........ what ever it is They need to sort it....

Out of all the things they are doing wrong..... this is the one thing I am loosing faith over

They make all these big annoucements, post about 132, new departments etc..... sort the basic sh*t out, before you do the flash Sh*t

Test driving E53 or somthing this weekend.... M4 in the week

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Sorry to hear that they've given you what looks like wrong info ... or info that indicates a big change of approach since 3 weeks ago that we've not heard about before. Andrew and I have been told the info we've previously shared here, which is the majority of UK V6 FEs to be delivered by end of 2022, certainly for deposits placed up to end of 2021.

I know - as you probably appreciate - the calculation is more complex than 100 cars a week and where are you on the list. This is because the UK allocation will be high (almost 100%) at the start but will step down as production starts to be allocated to Europe (from June/July), US (from September) and ROW. Those timings are also affected by when they expect type approval to be achieved in each country. So they are re-stacking the production schedules every 3-4 weeks as updates come in.

It's worth noting they've contacted UK people with delivery dates out to September. I'm inferring from this that production for October onwards is less predictable and still under review. Factors affecting that include non-UK type approvals particularly US, timing of when second shift starts (due to be from Jan 2023 but may be earlier) and the push back from US customers/dealers about the lower than expected volumes of V6 FE allocated to US in 2022.

I heard a whisper they were looking to increase the US V6 FE allocation and potentially the EU ones too (please don't get over-excited US and EU folks, it's only a rumour at the moment and not confirmed). I'd been assuming that would be linked to a Sept start for second shift and hence more total output rather than needing to reduce UK allocation. Maybe they are considering slowing UK allocations. But I don't know. I'll see if I can find out more.

In the meantime I'd suggest calling Lotus Customer Care rather than using the online chat and see what they say. Sadly they don't always have the necessary info or the background behind what they have been given to say.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Soe

Sorry to hear that. I’m a 14/7 first deposit and delayed delivery to March/April 2023 to avoid financing.
Hoping this is fairly safe given my request to move and I’m 2 deposits in.
Hope Lotus can nip this in the bud to avoid disappointed first time buyers like me.

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Soe

Sorry to hear that. I’m a 14/7 first deposit and delayed delivery to March/April 2023 to avoid financing.
Hoping this is fairly safe given my request to move and I’m 2 deposits in.
Hope Lotus can nip this in the bud to avoid disappointed first time buyers like me.
I might do the same to avoid a winter delivery which would be pointless for me!

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that they've given you what looks like wrong info ... or info that indicates a big change of approach since 3 weeks ago that we've not heard about before. Andrew and I have been told the info we've previously shared here, which is the majority of UK V6 FEs to be delivered by end of 2022, certainly for deposits placed up to end of 2021.

I know - as you probably appreciate - the calculation is more complex than 100 cars a week and where are you on the list. This is because the UK allocation will be high (almost 100%) at the start but will step down as production starts to be allocated to Europe (from June/July), US (from September) and ROW. Those timings are also affected by when they expect type approval to be achieved in each country. So they are re-stacking the production schedules every 3-4 weeks as updates come in.

It's worth noting they've contacted UK people with delivery dates out to September. I'm inferring from this that production for October onwards is less predictable and still under review. Factors affecting that include non-UK type approvals particularly US, timing of when second shift starts (due to be from Jan 2023 but may be earlier) and the push back from US customers/dealers about the lower than expected volumes of V6 FE allocated to US in 2022.

I heard a whisper they were looking to increase the US V6 FE allocation and potentially the EU ones too (please don't get over-excited US and EU folks, it's only a rumour at the moment and not confirmed). I'd been assuming that would be linked to a Sept start for second shift and hence more total output rather than needing to reduce UK allocation. Maybe they are considering slowing UK allocations. But I don't know. I'll see if I can find out more.

In the meantime I'd suggest calling Lotus Customer Care rather than using the online chat and see what they say. Sadly they don't always have the necessary info or the background behind what they have been given to say.
Tom I’m 11th July. I have already spoken to customer care all they say is they cannot tell you they are waiting for next batch to be released from h/o. I’ve bought many cars over the years and this way of doing it rather than going through a dealer is not a great experience. buying a new car should be exciting and fun this experience so far is far from that especially when your spending circa £80k

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If you ordered a Porsche last year you have a 12 month wait, this is from an established production line. As far as I can see the (UK) wait for an Emira is 11-14 months, new car, new production line. I can't see that having the dealer in the mix helps either. They won't get anymore information that we can as we are in direct contact to the manufacturer like they would be.
As far as I can see most of the frustration is because Lotus are still trying to configure and run up production to the initial larger than expected order base. I would suspect if you ordered the car a year after manufacturing began you'll get a much better indication.

We are on the bleeding edge as effectively we are #THE early adopters.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Tom I’m 11th July. I have already spoken to customer care all they say is they cannot tell you they are waiting for next batch to be released from h/o. I’ve bought many cars over the years and this way of doing it rather than going through a dealer is not a great experience. buying a new car should be exciting and fun this experience so far is far from that especially when your spending circa £80k.
It's been a learning experience for all of us. Perhaps instead of us addressing our comments to Tom we should collectively sign a statement to be given to Matt @ Lotus.
I'd hope that by now Lotus we're learning the pitfalls of direct selling and addressing them, god knows what the 132 purchasing experience will be like.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It's been a learning experience for all of us. Perhaps instead of us addressing our comments to Tom we should collectively sign a statement to be given to Matt @ Lotus.
I'd hope that by now Lotus we're learning the pitfalls of direct selling and addressing them, god knows what the 132 purchasing experience will be like.
I Think thats a good idea.... count me in

Iam sure its a complex thing, and yes perhaps at a scale that they have not delt with before.

Am just loosing all faith, that i will get my car this year as I was told.

As for Porsche waiting time.... When they say a year its normaly less, I was there the other day and asked the very same question. Jaguar said 6 months ?

@NickR
Its very kind of you to give them some slack..... as I have said its a complex issue clearly...... but they have plenty of time.... that they are taking a break.... and not just moving on to collate the next batch, Shows a lack of understand to how the costomers are feeling.... all so shows the issue is of the own making ?

Last edited: