Is it really 300k?

That's what the Farah intel says.. 🤷‍♂️
Screenshot_20230817_210531_Instagram.jpg

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welp, that photo looks better. Maybe I spoke to soon. They would need a sub 7 minute time at the ring to beat the ACR.
That's exactly my thinking. They built a Ford version of a Viper ACR, threw a bunch of carbon gubbins at it, and stuck in a bunch of Porsche GT3RS styling cues. The result ends up looking like something from the SEMA show. That's the whole story, I think?

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That's exactly my thinking. They built a Ford version of a Viper ACR, threw a bunch of carbon gubbins at it, and stuck in a bunch of Porsche GT3RS styling cues. The result ends up looking like something from the SEMA show. That's the whole story, I think?
That's the whole story. And mainly throwing carbon fiber at it and charging a ton. ACR was half the price.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I heard it has 20'' carbon ceramic brake rotors. Can that be right? If so, those magnesium wheels must be massive!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
It has 20-inch wheels so the brake rotors can't quite be that big.

Road grip and cornering stability for the Mustang GTD come from 325 millimeter in width front tires – as wide as the rear tires of Ford GT – while the rear are 345 millimeters, these are mounted on 20-inch forged aluminum wheels or available forged magnesium wheels. The magnesium wheels offer the ideal combination of weight and durability and with a similar design to the Mustang GT3 race car.  

The rear suspension sounds pretty cool!

The rear suspension features an integral link pushrod and rocker arm architecture where the inboard Adaptive Spool Valve shock absorbers and coil over springs are arranged in a horizontal cross pattern and integrated with a strong, stiff, and weight-efficient motorsport-style tubular subframe. The unique architecture creates a motion ratio from pushrod to damper of 1:1 so the car responds precisely to track conditions. 

Exceptional performance is further enhanced by a state-of-the-art semi-active suspension that can vary both spring rates and ride height. The adaptive spool valve damper technology with hydraulically actuated dual spring rate and height suspension provides two unique states which enhance on-road and on-track performance independently. The suspension settings allows for nearly 40 mm lower ride height in Track Mode and overall has a nearly four inches wider track than the Mustang GT.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
"Its not the best mustang weve ever produced" At least they are being upfront!! cant believe he said that lol.
Same! I'm still scratching my head about this comment today. 😆

"It's not the best mustang we've ever produced"... Ok, so... I shouldn't buy it, then??

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Same! I'm still scratching my head about this comment today. 😆

"It's not the best mustang we've ever produced"... Ok, so... I shouldn't buy it, then??
I think he was trying to say that it's completely new and not really a Mustang, but rather a proper GT3 car.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think he was trying to say that it's completely new and not really a Mustang, but rather a proper GT3 car.
I guess so... 🤔 Still, I could think of better ways of saying this, if that was indeed his intended message. Haha.

I'm just picturing Ford's entire marketing department screaming and throwing their hands up in frustration in some back room somewhere as soon as those words left the CEO's mouth. 😆

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I guess so... 🤔 Still, I could think of better ways of saying this, if that was indeed his intended message. Haha.

I'm just picturing Ford's entire marketing department screaming and throwing their hands up in frustration in some back room somewhere as soon as those words left the CEO's mouth. 😆
Farley seems to be more off the cuff and I like that about him. I like a CEO having a passion for his company's performance cars.

Art1faqt

Reaction score
As a previous S550 mustang owner id say Im fairly disappointed. Styling is a big miss, not mid engine, absurd pricing. Lets just say my deposit with lotus is nice and secure. Not that I would be able to get an allocation anyway

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And no romantic “rowing your own gears”, but a DCT, which is probably a helluvalot faster on the track (FORD probably did not buy the laggy AMG one - ha ha ha), but according to so many: BOORING‼️ …. And simply not acceptable for s street/road car⁉️

Matt Farah too has said that he personally. only collects all manual cars…. (But his Instagram says that he is exited about this new Mustang GTD)

And we will see if there is any Chapman lightness in this one anywhere👀

I think it is an impressive effort (Shmee150 likes it too, apparently), but it is as far from Lotus as any car could be.

Still it is a lot of fun. Will be great to see it running on the canyon roads and on the track.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Let's be honest - He didn't believe his own words. 300K for a mustang track monster. Bringing it to Porsche and Aston Martin? C'mon now.... he was playing a little out of his depth with the mustang as a brand.

Ford GT - different story, that has pedigree and both 2005 gen and 2017 gen were/are top shelf stuff. Beautiful, fast and worthy.

This is trying to be a GT3RS - I guess everyone needs to start somewhere?

Mustang as a name/brand is doing to much; muscle car, electric SUV, now track car with the price tag of entry level Ferrari and Mclaren?